Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Look what what I went and done! Darts content.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 27 Sep 2018    Post subject: Look what what I went and done! Darts content. Reply with quote

A couple of months ago, I played my last game in my local darts league in Cyprus. Being a none Faceacher, I had no idea who'd won, but I knew I was in with a shout.
This evening was the presentation night, a slap up meze and as much as you could drink, all paid for!

Turns out my partner, (chosen at random), and I were runners up in the doubles league.
It also transpires that I won the singles league, I won by one game!

https://i.imgur.com/Yjt7UTP.jpg

Not too shabby as I hadn't chucked a dart for 5 years.
I didn't expect to win the league, there is another player who scores much higher than me, not sure his doubles are as good as mine though!

Anyone else chucking arrows for fun?
What's your average, mine hovers between 55 and 60, but I will admit to being better than most at hitting my doubles.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 27 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a darts player

It's in a pub ain't it

Average is about 70
Bloke I used to double with runs leagues in Turkey now
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top man, well done. You beats who's in front of you and wins the trophy.

OGR

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:00 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't be that good, you haven't got the figure for it, on the other and I would make a great darts player.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:25 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't thrown a dart for years but I remember before
the wife and I were married we went to a pub and sat near some regulars playing winner stays on.
She volunteered me to join them, thinking I'd be joining her again in a few minutes.
They couldn't get me off. Laughing

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 29 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
I'm a darts player

It's in a pub ain't it

Coffee shop, but same sort of thing.

andyscooter wrote:
Average is about 70

Is that your overall average, or first nine dart average?

I watched an interview with John Lowe recently, very interesting what he had to say regarding averages.
The records show that player match averages have gone up exactly in line with the decades. In the 1960's match averages were in the 60's, in the 70's they were in the 70's and so on, right up to today , were top players, MVG etc. are hitting match averages of 110+.
Having said that, if you can't hit your doubles your average is meaningless!
Mind you, recently, as it was all I could find at the time, I had the misfortune to buy and play on an older style board, with the thick wire web, one in every three darts bounced out, FFS! It went in the bin after less than a week.

The Unibet Grand Prix starts this weekend and continues for a week, I believe it's the only tournament that has the double in double out format, should be interesting!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:37 - 29 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being an avionics tech. in the RAF, it was assumed we were all great darts players, as we were accused by other trades of spending all our time in the crew room Laughing
In my case, alas, it wasn't true Rolling Eyes

Arras!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:33 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

used to go to the local pub up the road before it got a facelift and made all middle class and foodie , and I had my own darts I took with me. I was okay, but never played in a league or anything.

also, I'd had my darts for so long, since a kid, they were not the same weight they started out as, but I couldn't get on with any but my own darts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 165 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1