BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

GPZ-Bob
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Hi

I was a member years ago but forget all my details and no longer have access to old email. Used to be on an RXS100 but had a serious accident (head on). Now back for fresh start. Using a CG125 now but have a GPZ500 waiting for when I complete my Mod 2 (Mod 1 already out of the way).

Based in Balloch, Loch Lomond. Maybe see some of you out there!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

'ello Bob!

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:26 - 29 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome mate, jees tell more about the accident. Do you ride now?

GPZ-Bob
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 04:45 - 29 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
Welcome mate, jees tell more about the accident. Do you ride now?

Yeah, briefly owned an XR125 afterwards, now back properly on a wee CG until my Mod 2 test which will hopefully be before the Scottish winter really bites...

Was back in 2009. Single track road, moved into a more central position to avoid crap on the road, unfortunately so did the woman coming the other way. She was also going a bit faster than me and left me about a foot to get around.... I went over the top, hit a wall and bounced back into the road. She left the scene on foot...it was a very quiet road, not used much so that wasn't great, wasn't sure anyone would come across me but two guys in a works van did and called emergency services.

I was airlifted to Glasgow with two broken vertebrae, punctured lung, ruptured spleen, open fracture to left thigh and various other injuries.

Emergency services were awesome, police involved were scum (don't have an accident with their wife?), our surgeons and nurses are incredible and single track roads should be respected lol

Evil Hans wrote:
'ello Bob!

Hi Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 29 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

She walked away and left you? Shocked

I hope they did her good time.

GPZ-Bob
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:38 - 29 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
She walked away and left you? Shocked

I hope they did her good time.

Yup. Maybe she's a terrible person, maybe she was traumatised...both the car and bike were pretty bad and I'd have been a bit of a sight. Her airbags went off too, don't know how much that makes you crap yourself. She probably thought I was dying or something.

Afraid she wasn't done in any case. Apparently she was driving along in her brand new car but didn't own a mobile and was looking for assistance, which she didn't find...then returned shorty after the sea king landed.

I've always thought there was a possibility she panicked, possibly because she was on her phone, called her copper husband and he's told her to get rid of the phone and return to the scene. No proof of that whatsoever though, just a possible explanation for the weirdness.

Anyway, that's all done now. Nobody died and I'm still riding, more than can be said for many. Also, she might have been shit but countless others were awesome that day and it just shows there are many more good than bad. My family were solid throughout my recovery Karma

BusterGonads
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:08 - 30 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traumatic that Bob!! Bloody bad day that. I'm glad you are OK now. You do see some really shit driving when out on two wheels. I reckon I notice it more on the bike than in the car because I am so much more vulnerable. About a month ago, I was pootling down a single track road and a DPD van came hurtling around a blind bend. The road was about ten feet wide and his van took up most of it. Anyway, I was right in at the left, anticipating one day this would happen and i ended up on the verge, no harm done as he came screeching alongside me with his wheels leaving a stink of rubber. No harm done, but could have been different.

There's many in your position who'd never get back on a bike again after that.

GPZ-Bob
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 30 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

BusterGonads wrote:
Traumatic that Bob!! Bloody bad day that. I'm glad you are OK now. You do see some really shit driving when out on two wheels. I reckon I notice it more on the bike than in the car because I am so much more vulnerable. About a month ago, I was pootling down a single track road and a DPD van came hurtling around a blind bend. The road was about ten feet wide and his van took up most of it. Anyway, I was right in at the left, anticipating one day this would happen and i ended up on the verge, no harm done as he came screeching alongside me with his wheels leaving a stink of rubber. No harm done, but could have been different.

There's many in your position who'd never get back on a bike again after that.

Yeah, only takes a second. Glad you made it round Very Happy

Sure there's loads don't go back to it but there's probably just as many who do. Bet there's loads of guys on here that have got back on after a sore one.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 30 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPZ-Bob wrote:
Yup. Maybe (snip)

Gosh. What an impressive post. Well done.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:11 - 01 Oct 2018    Post subject: Re: New Member Reply with quote

GPZ-Bob wrote:
Hi

I was a member years ago but forget all my details and no longer have access to old email. Used to be on an RXS100 but had a serious accident (head on). Now back for fresh start. Using a CG125 now but have a GPZ500 waiting for when I complete my Mod 2 (Mod 1 already out of the way).

Hello Mr GPZ-Bob, glad you got back on the horse , metaphorically speaking Thumbs Up
Hope mod 2 all goes well for you.

We’ve not long lost our resident Jock Laughing , looks like you have come just at the right time Thumbs Up

GPZ-Bob
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 01 Oct 2018    Post subject: Re: New Member Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
GPZ-Bob wrote:
Hi

Hello Mr GPZ-Bob, glad you got back on the horse , metaphorically speaking Thumbs Up
Hope mod 2 all goes well for you.

We’ve not long lost our resident Jock Laughing , looks like you have come just at the right time Thumbs Up

Thanks mate lol

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4KuVfcI9AeM/UyyFNV8QTVI/AAAAAAAAIhc/qd8jK99tZ-8/s1600/braveheart6.jpg

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on not die Cool

You have some fantastic roads up there.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 199 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1