Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hardknott and Wrynose passes both ways

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 29 Sep 2018    Post subject: Hardknott and Wrynose passes both ways Reply with quote

Damn that was hard work. Eskdale to Ambleside and back.
Wrynose on the way back was just relentless and into the wind. I cycled much of it overall but got off and pushed a few times cos I was either knackered and or had to stop for a car (or cattle) and couldn't get going again. Keeping the front wheel down and thinking I was going over backwards was one of the problems, kept popping little wheelies when I got going.

And I had a stupid rucksack to keep my d lock and cable loop in.
The descents were fun in a scary rollercoaster I don't want to die kinda way. About 5,000 ft of climbing in 36 miles.

But, my friends own a cafe in Ambleside and I got a free lunch and met old friends I haven't seen for years.

https://i.postimg.cc/mrJcnZz2/WP_20180929_14_47_53_Pro.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/j5fWYVP6/WP_20180929_14_26_36_Pro.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/pdphk5d6/WP_20180929_10_54_31_Pro.jpg[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 29 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and as today was Eskdale show, swarms of vintage motorcycles coming the other way which was great to see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave....
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:19 - 29 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some proper cycling that. Thumbs Up
Passed a few guys last week and looked at my Strava flyby to see where they were going as it was quite a remote section.
Turns out they were cycling from Blackpool to Glasgow

And back again in the same day Shocked

Some Audax thing which is a name I have heard but never knew exactly what it was. Google it if you're interested.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1