Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Peugeot Ludix snake flasher unit???

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

crystaltips
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:56 - 02 Oct 2018    Post subject: Peugeot Ludix snake flasher unit??? Reply with quote

Hi all, I have found your website and am hoping that all that knowledge out there will soon solve my problem. I have just bought my grandson a Peugeot Ludix snake scooter. Now, I am by no means any sort of mechanic but I have bought a few mopeds over the years for members of the family and cleaned them up and replaced parts and got them looking decent again. The indicators on the Ludix are not working so my first thought is to check and change the flasher unit. Herein the problem lies...where is it? I have looked in all the usual places, i.e. behind front panel (most usual spot), under the seat, at the rear. The whole bike is now in bits to clean but still no sign of the flash unit. I am starting to think I am going mad. I have followed the indicator wires through the loom but still can't find it. if I get more stressed I may buy him a push bike instead. This would probably be healthier but may take him 4 hours to get to work. Anyway, thanks for listening to my woes. I would be so grateful for any help. Cheers...Crystal.

BusterGonads
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:48 - 02 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try to get a manual on line and see where it is supposed to be. I'm wondering since you've looked so hard an not found it AND the indicators are not working, has the previous owner removed it because it wasn't working and not put a new one back for some reason? Just a thought. Sometimes when buying old bikes, you have problems and need to imagine what the previous owners might have done to it.

crystaltips
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:17 - 02 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I have trawled the internet and found a service manual but no mention of the flash unit I'm afraid. Lots of you tube videos, but nothing for the Ludix snake. There doesn't appear to be any wires that are not already attached to something so I don't think the unit has been removed, although anything is possible. Thanks again, I shall keep looking...although perhaps hand signals may make a comeback. Smile

crystaltips
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:43 - 02 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panic over...In case anyone else needs to know where the flasher relay is on a Peugeot Ludix snake, it is the strangest thing ever. I have been going back over the bike and checking all the things I have removed to clean. I don't actually ever mess with the workings of the loom but disconnect the connectors to things before cleaning and replacing. I checked the connection inside the speedo and noticed it was on the wrong way...Yes it did fit on the wrong way but the lugs didn't line up... Anyway, I turned it round and Hey Presto, the indicators work. Inside the speedo is a small pcb fitted with a transistor, capacitor and a couple of other components, this presumably is the flash unit. Very, very odd but at least we are now good to go. Thanks to everyone who read my messages. Cheers. Smile

BusterGonads
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:59 - 02 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

crystaltips wrote:
Panic over... Smile

Well done. Good result.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 201 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1