Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Have I been scammed?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:41 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Have I been scammed? Reply with quote

Was looking to buy a footy shirt for my bros birthday and couldnt find the one I wanted except on this site...

However upon trying my car dto pay it came up with failed suggesting to try MasterCard.

Tried my MasterCard and got a text from Virgin (my card provider) saying theyd blocked it but if it was me to press Y then try again.

Tried again and failed..

Have I been done or is it just my cards not working? If so i need to get in touch with my bank asap

https://www.footballshirt.store/

any info on this site appreciated....

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Re: Have I been scammed? Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
any info on this site appreciated....

Doesn't look great, TBH

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/footballshirt.store

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Re: Have I been scammed? Reply with quote

Get in touch with your bank first of all.

Then get in touch with footballshirt.store and ask them what's happened.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:12 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

virgin says only one transaction was declined then it should have been accepted (however i did try again and it was declined). the guy seemed to think the website was OK he said the merchant didnt have any flags etc.

natwest said no transactions happened , but i cancelled my card anyway

guess ill have to think of another present :p

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it's a card scamming site, it is HTTPS, which is pretty much the whole point of secure sites.
You've probably be caught by aggressive algorithms to detect fraud.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:47 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's karma for trying to buy a football shirt Wink

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:54 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found a slightly different one much cheaper on fleabay... saved myself around £45....

that site does look dodgy its not worth the risk... its been up only 161 days or something?

now i dont have a bank card this weekend and ive got a date ... whoops :p

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:40 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

How and why do people find these obscure website that are obviously questionable? Laughing

"Copyright © 2015-2020 www.footballshirt.store All Rights Reserved."

If you want to buy a football shirt, there are huge amounts of genuine shops to choose between so why would anyone end up on some shitty website who might send you a cheap copy from china china after you've given them your money?

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:35 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
that site does look dodgy its not worth the risk... its been up only 161 days or something?

It does? It's HTTPS ffs, at least know what you are moaning about.

AshWebster wrote:
now i dont have a bank card this weekend and ive got a date ... whoops :p

Well played.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:59 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"PAYMENT FAILURE

Would you please try another card, we recommend using the Master Card

Order Number : FT181005-FT5565 Payment Amount : $84.99"

There's something not right with that website. Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:00 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try and make another order and it comes up as exactly the same order number.

It's dodgy as Adam Aarons. Shocked

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

He phoned his bank and the site isnt flagged.
It's almost certainly an algorithm that is blocking the site.
A UK buying from a US site with Chinese ownership probably triggers a block. It doesn't mean the site is dodgy, it just means it could be.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:37 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and for the record, there isn't a chance I would buy from that site.

Quite why you'd buy a prem shirt outside of the UK, I have no idea.

The chances of it being genuine are slim as fk.

It's like buying perfume from a bloke in the pub. Maybe it's the real deal, but it's certainly the place to be ripped off.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Adam Algorithm.

Sells Shit.

Sorry, Sells Shirts. Embarassed

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:16 - 06 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That site looks as dodgy as hell.

I certainly wouldn't buy anything from there.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:44 - 06 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

4. Antisocial personality disorder

Cluster B is comprised of antisocial, borderline, histrionic, and narcissistic personality disorders. Until psychiatrist Kurt Schneider (1887-1967) broadened the concept of personality disorder to include those who "suffer from their abnormality," personality disorder was more or less synonymous with antisocial personality disorder. Antisocial PD is much more common in men than in women and is characterized by a callous unconcern for the feelings of others. The person disregards social rules and obligations, is irritable and aggressive, acts impulsively, lacks guilt, and fails to learn from experience. In many cases, he has no difficulty finding relationships — and can even appear superficially charming (the so-called "charming psychopath") — but these relationships are usually fiery, turbulent, and short-lived. As antisocial PD is the mental disorder most closely correlated with crime, he is likely to have a criminal record or a history of being in and out of prison.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:56 - 06 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

That sounds like the textbook definition of BCF.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:33 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
"PAYMENT FAILURE

I get a different order number.

Looks dodgy but for me it's a different reason.

Looking at the source code, it's an asp.net website which means it was likely made by Indians or Chinese, hence the low quality and inability to make the payment process look legit to western users.

It has all the usual bits and bats for validating details in a form, in a couple of quite extensive javascript files (which seem to be mainly full of code copied from github and stackoverflow). If it were a phishing site, the code would be a lot simpler. So far, it seems legit, just low quality.

However, a big red flag for me is the fact that the "please try another card, we recommend the mastercard" message is an image, rather than plain text. This means search engines and browser security features can't detect and interpret this text which is specifally telling users to hand over 'recommend' card details.

So it's a nope from me. But honestly in most other aspects it almost seems legit, if not a little sub-par. The mastercard thing could even be due to the website being international, and mastercard works pretty much anywhere.

Pjay wrote:
A UK buying from a US site with Chinese ownership probably triggers a block. It doesn't mean the site is dodgy, it just means it could be.

Works in China. In fact, looking at the WhoIs info, the whole thing is registered in China. I'm probably sat less than 15km from where the registration company is based.

I'm using Chinese wifi on a Chinese ISP and no vpn, and there's no reason at all for any magic algorithms to block it over here. There isn't the same mindset toward internet security over here. I still get the same error as any other user.

I suspect it's just shoddy scripiting from the people who made it. Take a look at the console window when navigating the payment process. The error is in the way the javascript is run. Most of it looks like it came from github and stackoverflow.

Pjay wrote:
I doubt it's a card scamming site, it is HTTPS, which is pretty much the whole point of secure sites.

Pjay wrote:
AshWebster wrote:

Come on Pjay it's HTTPS ffs, at least know what you're moaning about!

HTTPS prevents attacks from third parties who may happen to be watching your data as it goes from A to B.

It doesn't stop phishing though.

I could make a phishing site right now and have people hand over all sorts. I actually already mentioned on here that I made an app a while ago that has user logins and passwords. It was scary just how easily I could have harvested password data if I wanted to. It's all done over HTTPS too. Instead of passwords, imagine it done with credit card numbers. No different really.

If the user feels safe and clicks 'submit', the data is still going to go somewhere. What you need to ensure is that your'e submitting it to the correct place. HTTPS doesn't prevent that, it just kindly encrypts and decrypts the data from end to end.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:08 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Shocked

Please take a couch Ste.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:21 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Ste wrote:
"PAYMENT FAILURE

I get a different order number.

Looks dodgy but for me it's a different reason.

Looking at the source code, it's an asp.net website which means it was likely made by Indians or Chinese, hence the low quality and inability to make the payment process look legit to western users.

It has all the usual bits and bats for validating details in a form, in a couple of quite extensive javascript files (which seem to be mainly full of code copied from github and stackoverflow). If it were a phishing site, the code would be a lot simpler. So far, it seems legit, just low quality.

However, a big red flag for me is the fact that the "please try another card, we recommend the mastercard" message is an image, rather than plain text. This means search engines and browser security features can't detect and interpret this text which is specifally telling users to hand over 'recommend' card details.

So it's a nope from me. But honestly in most other aspects it almost seems legit, if not a little sub-par. The mastercard thing could even be due to the website being international, and mastercard works pretty much anywhere.

Pjay wrote:

Works in China. In fact, looking at the WhoIs info, the whole thing is registered in China. I'm probably sat less than 15km from where the registration company is based.

I'm using Chinese wifi on a Chinese ISP and no vpn, and there's no reason at all for any magic algorithms to block it over here. There isn't the same mindset toward internet security over here. I still get the same error as any other user.

I suspect it's just shoddy scripiting from the people who made it. Take a look at the console window when navigating the payment process. The error is in the way the javascript is run. Most of it looks like it came from github and stackoverflow.

Pjay wrote:

Pjay wrote:
AshWebster wrote:

Come on Pjay it's HTTPS ffs, at least know what you're moaning about!

HTTPS prevents attacks from third parties who may happen to be watching your data as it goes from A to B.

It doesn't stop phishing though.

I could make a phishing site right now and have people hand over all sorts. I actually already mentioned on here that I made an app a while ago that has user logins and passwords. It was scary just how easily I could have harvested password data if I wanted to. It's all done over HTTPS too. Instead of passwords, imagine it done with credit card numbers. No different really.

If the user feels safe and clicks 'submit', the data is still going to go somewhere. What you need to ensure is that your'e submitting it to the correct place. HTTPS doesn't prevent that, it just kindly encrypts and decrypts the data from end to end.

https://youtu.be/5ncOyYzOP3w

https://youtu.be/RDrfE9I8_hs

God Bless the PRC.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:48 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Ste wrote:
Shocked

Please take a couch Ste.

It's been a while since I've been to any couch auctions. Mr. Green

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
It takes a special kind of stupid to order clear fake shirts, be willing to hand over card details and being prepared to spend almost 90 DOLLARS to the dodgiest site going.

What on earth possessed you?

Why not buy one from the club's official store? A lot pf Premier League shirts are cheaper than the equivalent of $90. Mine was £45.

Because you support a shit team.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:18 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

When are you two going to kiss and make up?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Rolling Eyes

When are you two going to kiss and make up?

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 173 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2