Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

teacht ar an Scot

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:09 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
...dreaming of the day when Scotland gains its independence and the oil is theirs, all theirs!

Norway stashed their oil money for a rainy day but the UK never felt like an oil-rich nation. Was it frittered away, diverted into private accounts or has it been shoring up a failing economic model?

And you think that Labour wouldn't have spent every last penny of the fund, just like they maxed out the government debt when they were in power? Since spending more means more votes, why wouldn't the Tories use the oil to bribe voters in their favour? Creating a fund just means leaving a big pile of cash for Labour to spend!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
...dreaming of the day when Scotland gains its independence and the oil is theirs, all theirs!

Norway stashed their oil money for a rainy day but the UK never felt like an oil-rich nation. Was it frittered away, diverted into private accounts or has it been shoring up a failing economic model?

The Scandahooligans used a different technique.

They knew that they could sell their north sea hydrocarbons and knew the world was greedy for it.
They stashed their oil money by taxing hydrocarbons.

Shetland did this too and were criticised for discouraging big oil.
US oil companies wanted profit. By not sharing their tech.
The oil countries eventually learned oil and gas so could find and recover and process hydrocarbons without so much US help.

The countries now Nationalizing their oil and gas industries are middle East and Asia. They struggle with it to a degree as they do not have the engineering base to draw the manpower from.
But they are slowly picking it up.

Oil contractors are famous for not training workers from scratch and rely on other industries to use apprentice schemes.

But more and more automation is flowing into oil and gas. Some rigs have only one person on the floor now to do the bulk of operations that normally takes fa minimum of ive men. One in the derrick selecting drill pipes, three on the floor to connect drill pipe and the driller running the block and stuff.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:22 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Some rigs have only one person on the floor now

Does he:

MCN wrote:
jist staun oan the rigflair wi' their his mouth hingin' open?

Very Happy

Shifty
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:56 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Oh, you think the anti-independence Scots are going to just accept their vote being ignored? Laughing

As for the EU they don't want Scotland because its a net loss.

Oh the irony when brextremists say that anti-Brexit brits must suck it up and move on, but anti-indepence scots should not be ignored. Do I sense some kind of double standards here Laughing

Also I have plenty of EU friends living like me here and I have to assure you we ALL will vote for Scottish indpendence. All 3 500 000 of us. HTH

About EU and Scotland:

Quote:
Guy Verhofstadt confirms at the Home Affairs Committee that his earlier statement about there being no great obstacle to an independent Scotland joining EU was simply a “fact”.

Long story short the day Scotland leaves UK it will join the EU.

Not to mention your poll data is seriously old. Let me help you with the latest from Sep 2018:

Quote:
The poll showed that if Britain leaves the EU as planned, 47% of Scots would vote for independence at another referendum on Scotland’s future. That compared to 43% who would vote against independence and 10% who did not know how they would vote.

- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Oh the irony when brextremists say that anti-Brexit brits must suck it up and move on, but anti-indepence scots should not be ignored. Do I sense some kind of double standards here Laughing

No irony at all. Anti-Brexit Brits and pro-independence Scots both:
(1) Are losers
(2) Should move on
(3) Should suck it up
(4) Are fanatical nationalist racists

Val wrote:

Also I have plenty of EU friends living like me here and I have to assure you we ALL will vote for Scottish indpendence. All 3 500 000 of us. HTH

Your assurances are nice and all, but what I posted are official results. Slightly more credible IMO.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Val wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-25420827

Last time I checked, Bracknell wasn't in Scotland. So that's at least one less Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:15 - 25 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The campaign for Scottish independence is a lot like sex with Alex Salmond.

For some reason, they just can’t take no for an answer.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:03 - 25 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how this once again comes out only after he lost all his wealth and power.
A bit like those blokes who now suddenly remember being molested by Bryan Singer after the Oscar nominations #methree

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 25 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
The campaign for Scottish independence is a lot like sex with Alex Salmond.

For some reason, they just can’t take no for an answer.

Sexual offences up 14% this year. Meanwhile Alex Salmond has been charged with 14% of offences.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:15 - 25 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Funny how this once again comes out only after he lost all his wealth and power.
A bit like those blokes who now suddenly remember being molested by Bryan Singer after the Oscar nominations #methree

Allegation + time = £££. I think the allegations come out when someone peaks in wealth/power/fame, no point suing a pauper Folded arms Then it's a question of how long they can fend/pay off the victims, like Weinstein or R.Kelly.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:33 - 25 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
bhinso wrote:

Allegation + time = £££. I think the allegations come out when someone peaks in wealth/power/fame, no point suing a pauper Folded arms Then it's a question of how long they can fend/pay off the victims, like Weinstein or R.Kelly.

A ploy is to render one's self bankrupt before seeking divorce. Agree the matrimonial property, split 50 50
Run away with new bird who's bank account you padded out. (And hope she doesn't skunk you for the funds too.)

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 25 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wasted my life Sad

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 25 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I've wasted my life Sad

Mate, you still have us. Chin up.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:00 - 26 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

And you think that Labour wouldn't have spent every last penny of the fund, just like they maxed out the government debt when they were in power? Since spending more means more votes, why wouldn't the Tories use the oil to bribe voters in their favour? Creating a fund just means leaving a big pile of cash for Labour to spend!

Amazing how easily people fall for the belief that Labour are the spender/squanderers and Tories are the clever household-budgeters. As if the slow death of the nation over the past 10 years has been down to some other phantom reason.

https://www.primeeconomics.org/articles/taq30tk04ljnvpyfos059pp0w7gnpe

https://www.primeeconomics.org/articles/conservative-budget-deficits-on-average-theyre-twice-the-size-of-labours

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:55 - 26 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that bunch of whining jocks still bleatin "It's oor oil!" again?
and with that greasy hypocrite Salmond saying it would like the end of aparteid ?
Mind you he's probably too busy trying to avoid chokey at the mo
to spout more political drivel
( or is he?)
Independent my arse, they'd be going cap in hand for hand outs
in Europe if they got their way

Och wheesht and get oan wi it ye greetin faced wee numpties

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:54 - 26 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Scotland vote for independence and be granted it.

Then, if it were up to me, I'd annex Scotland using the English military (because they haven't got any, this would be fairly simple) and I'd make them live a miserable Crimean existence while we harvested all the fish, fuel and haggis.

Just as a reminder that A) we'te the fucking daddy round here and B ) you shouldn't have rocked the boat, you ungrateful cunts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:14 - 26 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

J4mes wrote:
I'd like to see Scotland vote for independence and be granted it.

Then, if it were up to me, I'd annex Scotland using the English military (because they haven't got any, this would be fairly simple) and I'd make them live a miserable Crimean existence while we harvested all the fish, fuel and haggis.

Just as a reminder that A) we'te the fucking daddy round here and B ) you shouldn't have rocked the boat, you ungrateful cunts.

Any time you think your hard enough pal...

You better bring a lot of your girlfriends too...

I love the English... They make me laff... 🤣

You lot don't like Scotland because:
Whenever you try to invade the weather is shite.
We have no virgin sheeps.
We are aye listening to the skirl of the pipes.
And we know how most of your technology works (coz a Scotsman probably invented it. Wink )

https://youtu.be/rncy0yHpmno

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:04 - 26 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

J4mes wrote:

Let me guess. You were once buggered by sevwel fwightful wuffians behind the The Tavern in Grangemouth?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:09 - 26 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Any time you think your hard enough pal...

You better bring a lot of your girlfriends too...

You lot are the ones wearing skirts Razz

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 26 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
J4mes wrote:

Let me guess. You were once buggered by sevwel fwightful wuffians behind the The Tavern in Grangemouth?

Worse.

Raised by a Scottish mother Laughing

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 26 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

J4mes wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Worse.

Raised by a Scottish mother Laughing

ROFLMAO! Well done!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:22 - 27 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know spending the companys pension fund is illegal, unless you are a government.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3