Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Zontes tiger 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Telster no1
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:31 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Zontes tiger 125 Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I have a Zontes tiger 125,
It's an 2011 model,
I bought it just to get me through my cbt and to my next licence.
Does anyone know what the realistic top speed would be, roughly?
Many thanks!

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 14:03 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air-Cooled 125cc single, of generic Chinese manufacture withe either a derivative of the old CG125 push-rod engine, or XL over-head-cam motor, or the Suzuki GS or Yamaha SR equivalents... rated at 'best' 11bhp, more likely 9 or 10 for the more strangled of them, they are, all Generic Chinese bikes, for Asian Market regulations, limited to a 55mph top-speed, if not by natural lack of power, then by gearing.

So THAT is your best bet, if the bikes in tip-top fettle, 'about' 55mph.

If not run in it will be slower; if its worn out it will be slower, if its ridden by a newbie-numpty over using the gears, it will be slower.

Anything over 50 and you are probably on a winnner. If it dont do a genuine 50, then the first thing to check is how you are riding it, and using and lilely over using the gears.

With as little power as these things have, IF you do usual newby thing of getting exited about the gears, feeling like its going to rip your arms off with the acceleration in first, second sounding like its going to explode, and third screaming its nuts off, by the time you are doing 30, and so changing up, and then up again before 40, 'cos it seems to have the grunt to pull that high a gear.... on the open road, wind on the throttle, and it will probably top out at around 45-50ish, because lower in the revs it makes even less power, and in a taller gear, like top, it just doesn't have the power to accelerate to a speed where it might make that bit more power to go faster...... you have to change down, or not change up to start with; and THRASH the thing to get anywhere near its top speed.... which as said, will likely never be all that much over 50mph.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Telster no1
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:55 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Zontes tiger 125 Reply with quote

Many thanks for your message/reply to my query, that answers all my question. Fortunately I have grabbed a little bargain then,
I bought some new dials ( as the casing was broken) and boughted and fitted a new chain and sprocket as it was obvious that they needed renewing. It has only done 6.5 k but was curious as to what it should be capeable of and it does as you said a typical fair model would do.
I am not about to thrash the behind off it as I am 57 ( it's a bucket list thing! Lol) and am just using it to get to my next test in a few weeks time, 👍
ClaraM This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 23 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClaraM wrote:

I bought it for testing and write a review on gradesfixer.com and I decided that I need it. It so cool. And thank you for the information, guys!

Is this spam I see before me? All that glisters is not spam. But you are a spammer, also I would't use one of your essays to pass an exam if you paid me to try.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 183 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1