Oh Look, Another Tattoo Thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:47 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy. Whats her number? Very Happy

I've just started a sleeve myself. Designed with all of my interests and gave the artist some artistic freedom for the filler. Loosely Japenese themed but none of the coi carp stuff etc, features cars, cards, some of my favourite album artwork and more.

Personally i like each tattoo to mean something to me but again like others have said, each to their own if someone wants one cos they jsut think it looks cool then who am i to judge?

Halfway through the sleeve atm (inside of bicep hurt like a bitch) and i have 4 others atm, each spaced out by a few years since i was 18. I like to give time so i know i definitely want each one... Fate & Karma on top of chest, Custom yin-yang on ribs, text on ankle and mandala on calf.

The only other one i want is a back piece, but theres plenty of time for that i'm in no rush. As long as i can wear my suit for work and look like a plain white guy then i'm all good. (my sleeve is going 3/4)

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:08 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one, its in my avatar

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:34 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:

Need bigger photo, that looks stunning

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:58 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd only get one if it gave me discounts, I'd get fried chicken on my leg if KFC gave me free KFC.

I'd never do it out of real choice though... personally see no need for tats but if people want to spend their money that way, its their choice. I spend mine on shit and no one judges me for that. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:18 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Re: Oh Look, Another Tattoo Thread Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

I do. Will get it up in a few days once it's healed a touch more.

Failing to see the humour in your comment though? Thinking

No humour intended.

Just noticed your rating from the man child, that we all.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm another that doesn't feel the need.

Maybe because I saw some god awful abortions done on people when they got drunk on a run ashore and ended up in a tatoo parlour.

Mind you, I normally ended up in a brothel but at least if I took anything back to the ship it was curable. Cool

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:52 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I normally ended up in a brothel but at least if I took anything back to the ship it was curable. Cool

Well that probably defines the era you were at sea, then Shocked

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Tattoos are not for life anymore either! Removal is effective

But really, though? That's my biggest reason against them.

Lord Percy wrote:
there is one girl I was seeing about 3 years ago who became the exception of all exceptions.
https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/tats.jpg

Ok, can we see the other side please, so we can make an informed judgement?

(Just out of morbid curiosity, how many hours of pain and how many £££ does something like that cost?)

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:21 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
grr666 wrote:

Yeah, really.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/58eda4c6d482e95365be1ea3/t/5a1be299c83025aa868660ad/1511776945402/Aaron+Bremmer+Face+Laser+Removal?format=750w

https://www.mjdriver.com/blog/aaron-bremmer-face-laser-removal

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
(Just out of morbid curiosity, how many hours of pain and how many £££ does something like that cost?)

Good couple of grands worth there, (UK prices) and a good 25 hours worth of work.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:37 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
grr666 wrote:

Lord Percy wrote:
there is one girl I was seeing about 3 years ago who became the exception of all exceptions.

Ok, can we see the other side please, so we can make an informed judgement?

My daughter had a tattoo and when I asked why she hadn't got an answer. It wasn't rebelling, she had left home and was an adult so I couldn't have stopped her.

It was a quite pretty Carpe Diem tattoo. I'm just glad she had it done where it could be covered if needed.

And Freddy, the brothels of the Caribbean and South America were legendary in the 70's and 80's.

Some are still going....

https://www.campoalegresex.com/start.php

although it's gone a lot more up market from when I was there. I doubt sailors could afford it now.

I love Curacao Wub

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Yeah, really.

Assuming those results are genuine and there's no phototrickery (eg overexposure - and look how pale the final photo is) involved, that is indeed impressive. Though the following, lifted from the website, kind of leads me to suspect that's not necessarily a typical outcome:

MJ Driver wrote:
Aaron’s eight sessions gradually achieved a full tattoo removal, leaving him with the kind of results that make him the poster child for MJ Driver.

Mike says Aaron’s transformation has gained a lot of media attention all over the world. “People often say to me that they’ve seen Aaron’s face so often that they feel like they know him, which is pretty hilarious and amazing.”

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:05 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned before, my wife had some laser removal sessions. When she was 14 she had a winged pegasus
tattooed on her right upper thigh. It literally looked like a my little pony with wings. Doh! About 5 years after that she had
a tribal style sun design done over the top in black to hide it, followed by a second colouring in of the black tattoo, so in
effect three tattoos in a pile. She had six sessions which were pretty inexpensive. About £65 for three sessions via
groupon of all places. She wasn't looking for complete removal but just fading down about 80% so she could have
some quality work done over the top. The results are quite spectacular. I do have pics taken along the way but what with
this being BCF, and the pics being a little intimate... They aren't being posted here. She would not be impressed.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
The results are quite spectacular. I do have pics taken along the way but what with this being BCF, and the pics being a little intimate... They aren't being posted here. She would not be impressed.

Didn't happen then Laughing

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:59 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
Chinaboy wrote:

Need bigger photo, that looks stunning

Here it is, some people don't like the names, but the fish are symbolic of my family.

https://i.imgur.com/Kx5XHD4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KSJpvK4.jpg

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:14 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to get some more done actually, one more fish, plus some greenery, something Chinese floral to give it a bit more depth. Got to get to Shanghai again to see what can be done. I am on the wrong side of China right now.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:39 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

Lord Percy wrote:

About 4 grand*.

I think the work may have been cheaper if done in the west. Tattoos and tattoo shops are still fairly rare over here.

*(Tangential hungover comment about how other half lives... Her dad is the head of customs for Chengdu, therefore surrounded by $$$ and connections. She barely did a day of work in her life, just had money thrown at her. Bought tattoos and stuff. When we were together, I suggested we go for a day trip outside of the city - a day trip - a couple of hours later she messaged me saying she'd booked a room at a hotel for the weekend, which cost her about a grand. She would buy the most expensive cigarettes possible (cigs in China have a price limit of 100CNY - average packs cost 20CNY), and if I ever asked about her spending habits she would say, "What use is money if you aren't going to spend it?" Then she had a fallout with her parents, all cash flow was cut off and she had to get a job at a pet shop with dog poo all over the floor Very Happy Laughing)
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 2 years, 103 days between these two posts...

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:10 - 23 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorenzdenesiks wrote:
The back tattoo looks great. I would like to make it but I do not know exactly what I want to get. I have looked through thousands of samples but have not found something special for myself. Also, it will take a lot of time to find a good artist. I have a friend who can make a tattoo but he does not have the professional equipment. I can buy it if needed, it will be even better as I'll be sure that everything is safe, but it is hard to choose the best machine because I am not familiar with such equipment. In any case, I'll continue looking for the best decision.

By the way, have you already done your tattoo? If yes, show it, please)

https://youtu.be/7vRtlhOGsOA
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 237 days between these two posts...
JohnnSilverha... This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 20 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely the only tattoo worth getting is the fox-hunting scene Wink

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 190 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2