Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Insuring and Using over 600cc bike to do Mod1 and Mod2

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

mehmeterdii
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:55 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Insuring and Using over 600cc bike to do Mod1 and Mod2 Reply with quote

Hi

I got a full driving licence for last 10 years and got my CBT and Theory done and thinking to do the Mod1 and Mod 2 but doesn't really want to pay lot of money to the instructor. I would like to buy my own bike and do the exams with it but I don't know what kind of insurance I need to get for the bike that allows me to ride it during the exams.

I called DSA, test center and few insurance companies but couldn't get an answer. I told them that I would like to do the exam with my bike which is Bandit 650 and they said it is completely fine as long as I have an insurance on the bike.

I will appreciate if anyone can help me with their knowledge.

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly you'll have to transport the bike to a test centre by trailer, or by someone who has a license and insurance to ride it there for you.

Secondly you'll have to phone around - I think only 1 or 2 companies would insure you:

https://www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk/help/can-you-insure-me-before-i-take-my-full-bike-test
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:01 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would just get a lesson or two and use your instructors bike for the test then no worries about insurance.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:29 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it, Get the bike insured with a company like Bikesure who are one of the only companies who insure big bikes for learners.

Get it to the test centre for mod 1 without riding it there and back because you are not legal to ride it, same for mod 2 and get yourself a full licence at the cost of around 600 quid by the time you take in the insurance and the retests if you are not lucky enough to pass first time.

Or go to a decent school and learn to ride the bike rather than wing it. The last student I had that tried the self taught way failed Mod 1 twice before giving up and coming to us. Passed both with a clean sheet with us.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:27 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just done my MOD 1 on my FZS600. I rode it there and pushed it into the test center. The examiner said he saw me do it and 'guessed' how I'd got it there. Give me a pass certificate and told me to be more discrete next time as others might not be so forgiving Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 186 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1