Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

DVLA ! have a guess.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: DVLA ! have a guess. Reply with quote

Have a guess how the DVLA have fucked up again.

I'm now an insulin dependent diabetic, so like a good boy I informed the DVLA. Some 6 months later they send me a letter saying that I hadn't sent some information to them that they had requested. I hadn't received any request, but being a good boy I tried to contact them by phone with no reply for at least two days trying. I then filled in the form and sent the information off.

Now here come MY fuck up. I asked the wife to take the letter to the post office and send it registered post and to get a signature for the letters delivery. It needed to be quick and as I was in work during post office hours I had o ask her to do it.

She sent in next day delivery thinking I wanted it there quick and time was limited.

Fast forward four weeks............... licence REVOKED.

Rang up the DVLA, they actually answered within 20 rings. They claim they have no record of receiving the letter and I would have to reapply for my licence. The lwoman on the phone even asked if I had sent it registered post. Nothing that they can do and tough luck.

I work over 30 miles away and at times and locations public transport doesn't work or would take 4 hours to use.

Talk about being buggered up the wrong un with a sharp pencil.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:44 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you not have copies of the license like everyone here always says you should take? would it even help?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:12 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your GP happy for you to be driving?

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:39 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The licence has been revoked so copies would be useless.
My GP says I'm fine to drive but by law I have to notify DVLA about my condition.
Notified DVLA about my condition, they have revoked my licence because they say posty hasn't delivered a separate form with my licence enclosed.

Wife didn't send it recorded just very fast first class.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:44 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
The licence has been revoked so copies would be useless.
My GP says I'm fine to drive but by law I have to notify DVLA about my condition.
Notified DVLA about my condition, they have revoked my licence because they say posty hasn't delivered a separate form with my licence enclosed.

Wife didn't send it recorded just very fast first class.

Did she get a receipt... a certificate of proof of purchase?

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:14 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

Did she get a receipt... a certificate of proof of purchase?

Did she buggery, I did tell her to send it registered, but no, she knew best and I agreed with her just to shut her up as she goes on and on and on. Now I'm paying for it as usual. Classic trusting others to do something when you should do it yourself. Next time I'm going down to Swansea and giving it to the person at heir desk by hand with a film crew with me.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:22 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you tell them you've lost your license then there's nothing to return. Wink

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:21 - 19 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
If you tell them you've lost your license then there's nothing to return. Wink

It's not the returning that#s the issue, it's the revoking. Didn't matter if I had returned it or not, it has been revoked for the sake of a form being filled in and them receiving it. Normally just a paper exercise and formality, but as usual the DVLA can fuck up having a shit at lunch time on the bog.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 183 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1