Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sprung vs unsprung foot pegs/rests

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

GettingReadyT...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:50 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Sprung vs unsprung foot pegs/rests Reply with quote

Hi. I'm new here and I wonder if anyone can help me with a question. I'm planning to get my CBT and my first bike next year as soon as the weather allows. I'm looking at bikes now and I see that a bike I'm interested in has no spring return mechanism in the front foot rests. I gather that the rests can lift if touched by the legs on take off and this sounds dicey. I had been looking at the Honda CB125F but then I learned the Lexmoto ZSX are apparently just as good. The Lexmoto has no return spring. I've spent a while trying to see how this affects safety and to find out if Honda and Yamaha equivalents have sprung foot rests to no avail. I would appreciate any advice on the subject. Thanks in advance.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 23:20 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Cota Trials bike has 'spung' rat-traps... they get you twice, once on the way up, once on the way back!

My Seven-Fifty has 'Solid' pegs... they hurt if you brag your foot on take off.

It REALLY is NOT an issue I would select to choose one bike over another, and certainly not one I would consider to be of one iota's importance in a question between a Lexmoto and a Honda...

And as far as safety goes? The answer as to which is 'safest; is the one that doesn't have a complete no-nuffink numpty learner on board!!!

Of ALL the potential dangers to a motorcyclist, ANY motorclist, let alone one who is wobbling out for their first miles after their first CBT..... believe me... whether the foot-pegs are hinged, and if they are, whether they are spring loaded, REALLY is just NOT a safety issue of ANY concern!!!

You want more safety? Pay attention on your CBT, and follow advice for pre-ride checks and routine maintenance, and grow eye-balls-in-your-arse-hole for SMIDSY's!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GettingReadyT...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:52 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Teflon Mike for the response. I totally agree that ignorance and lack of attention will kill a rider quicker than a bullet to the brain. I'm forty five years old and I appreciate what you say about basic common sense. I agree with the perception that as a biker, everything else on the road is actively trying to kill you. I appreciate what you say about the foot rests. I'm not focusing on trivial details. I'm trying to consider all the aspects before I go and spend three thousand pounds or the best part thereof. I have at least six months to prepare so I just thought I'd try and make the best choice. The military have an excellent saying: Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance. To be honest, I'm considering the cheaper bike so I will have money to spend on a dual battery with VSR system to run auxillary lights back and front. I'm completely paranoid about SMIDSY events after getting hit and run by a granny on my mountain bike a couple of years ago. The advantage I have is that I do know from experience how fragile we are against heavy moving objects. If you have any comments about a dual battery system on a tiddly little 125 that would also be cool. I know the alternator output will be pretty low so I'm thinking to start each journey with a full charge. Thanks again for the response. Karma

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:18 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it makes you feel any better, I had a folding footpeg stab into me and drag me down the road. It probably wouldn't have made a shit of difference if it was solid.

https://image.ibb.co/kdyPQK/1928868_124861205516_5008_n.jpg
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:07 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning on a CBT and taking a teffing...maybe you can find nappies for men in Aldi too.

GettingReadyT...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 05:47 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to Spanner Monkey: I joined this forum to try and find reasonably intelligent people as a soon to be biker. I wonder if they sell brains for adults at Aldi too? I suggest you pop along and find out, it seems you might need one. I hate it when people try and lower a conversation to their rock bottom intellectual level because they can't contribute in any other way. As for the word teffing I'll refer you to the introductory guidelines: If you act like a 7 year old you will be treated like a seven year old. I've googled and there is, as I thought, no recognised definition for this word. Instagram has pictures of people's knees. I do understand it's a reference to having an interaction with Teflon Mike. Personally, I'd rather interact with people who care about other bikers and don't just insult the noob to try and look smart. Perhaps you should look for dummies for big kids while you are in Aldi looking for that adult brain. Mind you I suppose any kind of brain would be an improvement on the sub protoplasmic effort you obviously have right now. I also suggest you grow a pair of testicles and if you want to insult someone find a man you can do it face to face with instead of over the internet. Mind you, if you think it's okay to just try and take the piss out of people to make yourself feel clever or brave it makes me wonder if you know any men. I suppose you surround yourself with equally piss poor protoplasms as yourself so as not to strain yourself. Are you starting to see how amusing ordinary people find your obvious lack of intelligence yet? By the way, I did check out Teflon Mike's website and I found it considered, helpful and informative. I guess there are people who try and then there are just people who try others. I know which sort I'd rather be. By the way, I know prolonged arguments are not appreciated here so I won't pursue this and I'm not going to mark you as an enemy so I can keep an eye on your pollution of this thread. Besides, it makes a change dealing with abuse for the sake of abuse, not something I'm really used to, being a normal person.

Last edited by GettingReadyToRide on 06:49 - 04 Sep 2018; edited 2 times in total

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:30 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teffing = getting a wordy lecture from Teflon Mike

I think you need to grow a slightly thicker skin. Very Happy

GettingReadyT...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 06:47 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Hans: I am completely new to the forum and perhaps you are right, thicker skin. However, I don't mind if someone has a go at me, giving them a considered response. I have edited my original response to the monkey to admit I understand the teffing reference. I was just a bit annoyed at getting what I thought was a trolling on my first ask for advice. I generally don't go around telling other people they ought to be in nappies just because I'm more familiar with an environment than they are. However, please accept my appreciation for the definition. I did figure it out at about the same time you commented. I'm not here to be argumentative. I'm hoping to just get advice, learn relevant things and get to know who is helpful here. It does seem undeniable though, that the monkey is more inclined to wise-ass than interact. Not my favoured sort of person. Anyway, getting a teffing on my first post is no problem to me. The only barrier to learning is thinking we know it all already. Karma

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 06:52 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

GettingReadyToRide wrote:
I'm not focusing on trivial details.

Err... yes, yes you are. Sorry.
I'm considering the cheaper bike so I will have money to spend on a dual battery with VSR system to run auxillary lights back and front.

See what I mean?
THIS is sort of endemic to the 'thinking'.
The military have an excellent saying: Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

They have many, another one worth pondering is that every battle is a defeat, planned as a great victory by some genius or other....... or the the one that a failure to plan is a plan for failure....

BUT in a backwards way, planning for anything and everything BUT success, that is exactly what you got here!

Lets back up a bit....
I'm planning to get my CBT and my first bike next year as soon as the weather allows.

This is NOT a plan to succeed... this is a plan to procrastinate.

Next year? .... When weather 'allows'!?!?!?!?
You live in Scotland FFS!!!
THIS is one of the dryest hottest summers we have had since 1976! You expect we'll have another heat-wave like this in your life time? Lol.

GO DO CBT! GO LEARN SOMETHING!

NOT next year! Try next week!

What's that military paradime; "The worst decission is in-decission"....

CBT is NOT repeat NOT a licence, its the first lesson, that might get you a learner's permit.
Clue is in the name, Compulsary-Basic-Training.

GO DO IT!

THEN, you want 'safe' you may have some better intel on matters such as conspicuity, which is a topic in the CBT sylabus.

Want a head start on that? Read THIS: the INVISIBLE biker! You wont make the deaf man hear you by yelling louder... and lighting up a little 125 like a christmas tree wont stop SMIDSY giving you a dose of road-rash.

You DONT just want them to 'see' you, you want them to 1/ LOOK, 2/ know what they are looking at 3/ Know what NOT to do when they DO see you....

Police motorbikes are made as conspiciouse as they can be with day-glo stripes and telescopic light-houses on the tail, they even have air-raid-warning sirens, and they have gawd knows how much training above and beyond not just CBT but even a full bike licence to ride them, and STILL folk SMIDSY them....

And you 'think' that a split-charge system and a few extra LED's will give you some sort of Star-Treck phaser sheild?

You want 'safe', go get some learning.. go get some training, go get a full licence... then, and only then will the REAL learning start.

If you have any comments about a dual battery system on a tiddly little 125 that would also be cool. I know the alternator output will be pretty low so I'm thinking to start each journey with a full charge.

I could go into loads and loads of detail, rubbishing these ideas based on the comparison of a typical 125 motorbike generator's out-put compared to the current draw of a 60W light-bulb... but it would be rather futile, and I am pretty sure that you have already got the answers you want, and you DONT actually want me to tell you why the ideas you have are a bit daft, you just want confirmation why they are a good idea, and will cherry pick the ones that do.... A-N-D focusing on such minutea of 'the plan' convince yourself youy are planning for 'every' detail, and leaving nothing to chance..... oh yes you are...

I'm forty five years old

And that means what?

It MEANS that its been a very long time since you went to school. Means that you probably think you already know most of what you need know to survive, and have a heck of a lot of life-experience confirming to you that those ideas 'so-far' have worked, and you will be a right royal pain in the proverbial to 'teach' anything, because as the idea about split-charge systems and conspicuity lights suggests, you already THINK you know the answers, and dont want to 'learn' just confirm your assumptions... What's that famouse military saying about assumptions being the mother of all effups?

TRYING to sort some wheat from some chaff here, it is hard NOT to give you more daft ideas to chase into minutea of your planning and help you convince yourself you have it all 'planned' and 'nothing' can go wrong....

At some point, you have to go put the plan into action, and again, you want to use the military model, its the first casualty of any campaign... and if you have had any training of military planning you aught to know that the best plan is to make it up as you go along, have a plan, but a plan to LEARN and adapt your plan to the situation on the ground...

First learning AND first action comes getting on a bike; that is CBT, the first lesson.

Tell me more about CBT?

The only 'plan' you NEED here and now is a plan to go do a CBT, and maybe, just maybe, to get your own hat and gloves for that, and sort a packed lunch.

THEN, some learning achieved, and hopefully a DL196 learner's permit you MIGHT be able to wobble out solo on a 125 on L's if you want....

BUT, with that little learning, good chance you will have learned a bit about bikes, and enough to know whether this is even a plan you want to persue, let alone the best way forwards in that, A-N-D more than likely that you will be fired with enthusiasm to go get a full ride-what-you-like licence, via DAS on a bigger bike, ASAP and NOT muddle around procrastinating on a 125 for however long... and as said, THEN the real learning might start.

And the plan is always the first casualty of the campagn... Lexmoto's vs CB125F's, split charge systems, and, spring loaded foot-pegs WILL likely all be pretty redundant details to that redundant 'Plan'.

GO do CBT... like this month, not next year. THEN if you still want to do this biking malarky... re-evaluate 'The-Plan'... you want 'safe' best spend of your budget will be on what you put IN your head, not ON your head, the traininig...

Plan on training? Then as said, A DAS course all the way to full RWYL licence, will make most sence, and a bike, let alone what bike, even less whether it has folding footrests, will STILL be inconsequential and the last thing on the list you need worry about.

Get the Lessons, get the Licence, THEN with some know-how to work with, some experience to go by, THEN you might ponder the bike... and its a Ride-What-You-Like licence, still want a 125, and I have held a RWYL licence over quarter of a century and still ride 125's... just dont have to display L-Plates... no one says you shouldn't get one, or dress it up with as many christmas tree lights as C&U Lighting ammendments permit, fit split-charge systems, trickle charge umbilicles, or anything else you fancy... but odds is that with a RWYL licence, you probably wont; you will want something a big bigger to justify that licence, and with the learning from lessons, probably be a tad less frenetic about minutea of 'safety' features and a BIT more focused on not falling off!

B-U-T... here and now, you dont have a plan for success, you have a plan to procrastinate, and these sort of queries are filing the worry-warehose with extra chit for your to worry about in the fret0factory; you are NOT getting a motorbike, you are not getting a motorbike licence, and you are doing nothing that will help you get either, or 'advance' any, and if and when you might... MOST of the stuff you are trying to cast into your garanteed plan to cover all bases.... MOST of it will likely be redundant when that plan becomes the first casualty of the campiagn...

GO DO CBT!!!!

No more plan is needed than where to do it, what to wear and what to have for lunch!

After that? Another plan MAY be in order... worry about that plan, IF and when it may be needed!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:58 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now *that's* a teffing!

A lot of it made sense though. Stop overthinking it and do it Smile

GettingReadyT...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 07:38 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Mike, I see the Leo Tolstoy rep is well earned. Seriously though, I do appreciate the input. I can't do the CBT immediately as I'm just getting over some serious medical sh#t that was, for a while, looking potentially degenerative and terminal. I also have just broken the bank moving house. I agree that the biggest safety factor is experience. While I'm waiting to see if things do, as I hope, settle down and get better, as they seem to be doing I'm just getting ready. Of course I understand that no amount of preparation will beat practical response to difficult situations based on experience and practiced handling. Also I think, if you can accept the point, that your perception of other people's thought processes is somewhat deferrered to your obvious preference for 'teffing'. Sorry, I know I'm just a noob but I don't dwell overly on minutiae. I have looked into extra lights because I had a mother of a SMIDSY a couple of years ago that nearly destroyed my right shoulder and I don't want to go there again. Also, with the sprung foot rests, it's not dwelling on minutiae, I think it's a fair point. Spicy 110 on YouTube points out the obvious danger of having feet flailing about trying to get a peg down. Also, to put it plainly, your advice is appreciated, as is all advice to noobs but I neither need nor want a pat on the back from anyone for anything. Perhaps, as this seems a forum more to pontificate and denigrate the noob I'm wasting my time. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the seasoned perspective but the personality appraisal is way off the beam. I don't dither, I don't mess around. I do have time to prepare so why not try and make the most informed choice? You may dislike me for my honest response to your comments. I can take constructive criticism, hopefully you can too. Better to wait until you know a person before making incisive comments into their basic nature. Act in haste, repent at leisure and all that. All said and done, I respect what you are trying to do and I think your website is designed to be as helpful as possible so that's a definite plus. It's obvious that you are a biker's biker. I'm not trying to fall out with you, perhaps you could just please tone down the inaccurate and potentially embarrassing hasty character assassination. I'm hoping you won't take too much offense, one adult male to another. All in good faith, right? I'll stick around a while.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:55 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Re: Sprung vs unsprung foot pegs/rests Reply with quote

I would appreciate any advice on the subject.

I can honestly say this has never occurred to me as an issue - but maybe I'm missing something important! I have ridden with fixed, hinged and variously sprung footpegs and ... well, they are just somewhere to put my feet.

In the unlikely event that one should inadvertently stick in the 'up' position, a flick of the foot will knock it down again, with no drama. It doesn't move about, it's always in the same place so you won't need to flail around and 'find' it.

Sometimes they are unsprung for a reason - for example my daughter's will stay in the up position so that you can access the kick start, should it be needed.

Also ... if you are going to compete with Tef for wordiness, stick some paragraph breaks in, it makes it much easier to read on screen. Especially a small screen.

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without bothering to directly quote the nonsense at the top, it's no different to the usual splurge that non bike riding wannabe jax tellers spout upon arrival. Adding some spurious chuff about sprung footpegs makes you no different. Planning on maybe doing CBT next year sometime and asking for advice now is a bit wasted. Dvsa could and, still might change everything about it before you even turn up at a school.
Go and read all the books you can, watch all the you tube videos and ask questions about everything that niggles you. But, whatever you do, don't ask about anything remotely important or valid. Tef is happy to write the same things 7 times a day if necessary. Spending most of my working time telling people to ignore such trivialities to pay my bills makes me a little abrupt. It'll hopefully give a Scottish counterpart an easier day when you turn up to his school without a bucketload of idiotic questions.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:22 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Hans: I am completely new to the forum and perhaps you are right, thicker skin. However, I don't mind if someone has a go at me, giving them a considered response. I have edited my original response to the monkey to admit I understand the teffing reference. I was just a bit annoyed at getting what I thought was a trolling on my first ask for advice. I generally don't go around telling other people they ought to be in nappies just because I'm more familiar with an environment than they are. However, please accept my appreciation for the definition. I did figure it out at about the same time you commented. I'm not here to be argumentative. I'm hoping to just get advice, learn relevant things and get to know who is helpful here. It does seem undeniable though, that the monkey is more inclined to wise-ass than interact. Not my favoured sort of person. Anyway, getting a teffing on my first post is no problem to me. The only barrier to learning is thinking we know it all already. Karma

I can see why you like teffers.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:58 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I can see why you like teffers.

But at least teffer's are laid out and a easy read.... NOT a solid wall of text Rolling Eyes

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:10 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:

But at least teffer's are laid out and a easy read.... NOT a solid wall of text Rolling Eyes

That's because we 'asked' him to.

el_oso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The safest thing to do is learn to not fall off.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The footpegs: makes no difference. My VFR has springs, my CX500 doesn't and the footpegs frequently pops up when I put my foot down to stop. I don't even think about it, just nudge it back down. It makes no difference.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 05 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking hell! Now here we have an obstructive ''how dare you give me any advice or try and change my immaculately pre-planned rationale towards bike riding, because though I don't know it all I'm too mature and well mentally grounded to need your advice" kind of newbie. Newbie that's not done a mile on the highway yet, but most certainly not a noob!

And to cap it all off perfectly, ''You can't tell me anything I didn't already know or have been informed about completely, because the you tube hero blogger I've worshipped on the Internet has fully educated me on all aspects of biking, and I didn't need to even sit on a bike to learn it all''

Good luck OP I'm sure everything will be just dandy for you! Remember all road users are your friends and brothers and absolutely no one is out to get you on the road, and no-one will cut you up or knock you off, because they won't ever consider themselves and their focus of getting from A-B before or infront of you to be important.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:49 - 05 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP is a cyclist, vegan, adult-student, so it's likely he already thinks he's superior to at least 70% of other people because
of his political and social choices. Cue MASSIVE Rolling Eyes. What did you expect? They absolutely can't help being argumentative,
as the posts demonstrate. Lack of meat is to blame. It's called "Hangry". Reading on... an self proclaimed interest in ethics
eh? I bet he does... Cue MASSIVE Rolling Eyes #2. No doubt an especially favourite ethics topic, which he can literally bang on about
until peoples ears bleed is "What other people are having for dinner".You tend to find this type are interested in
their ethics specifically and dismiss anyone elses out of hand. What about our BCF ethics?? Oh, and yes. Of course
he's informed us of this. Rolling Eyes #3 No doxxing here.

So.. Noob turns up. Asks a stupid question. When people who can and do ride motorcyles who probably know more than
he ever will on the topic and moreover who bothered to post in this "worrying about absolutely fuck all" depressing thread?
Then gobs off at those people like king shit and decides to educate them instead. Laughing I think he's had an easy ride by
BCF standards yet still he whines like a vegan looking at the menu in Mcdonalds. You'll note absolutely zero thought
given to what he might do when he drops his bike, because he'll weigh about 50 kilos yet think he's Hercules. I know
two vegans in real life. Unfortunately, I can't avoid either as one is my wifes best mate and the other my best mates
wife. Hows your luck? For instance, My mates wife forced everyone at her wedding to eat vegan food too, yet wanted
special treatment at my wedding where a roast beef dinner was on the menu. Wifes best mate endlessly proclaims her good
health to all and sundry and how her diet is the reason for this but takes a handfull of supplement pills every morning,
no exaggeration either, like about 12 tablets. She is always as pale as a ghost. It's tiresome when they come to visit, the
shopping trip takes twice as long to do as reading the fucking labels on every last thing to make sure you don't trample
on their lifestyle choice by thoughtlessly providing inappropriate hospitality. Middle Finger

We had a bloke from the US military a few weeks back. Cut from the same cloth as vegans they also can't help virtue
signalling endlessly to validate their existence and will also bore anything with ears about their time in the forces.
But at least that can provoke an interesting conversation.

"So... Have you ever shot someone then?

will start a better conversation than

"So... Have you ever eaten lamb Jeremy?

Is anybody that surprised that someone like this wants to over examine footpegs?? He's worried about snapping his
twig like ankles, honed by years of cycling and malnutrition. As if falling off the bastard won't be the only thing on
his mind when it happens. I predict if this one actually does wobble through CBT and become king of the road on his
YBR125 (which I doubt). He'll go to the next place righteously screaming "But I had right of way, not you!" when he
encounters pig headed lorry driver who's just had his second parking ticket of the day and is half hour late for his next
drop that's still 30 mins away while he has the gaffer in the office on the hands free bollocking him about not being on site yet. Laughing

On a side note I simply must remember to update my profile with a list of meats I enjoy. First in order of cuteness
and then succulence. The lucky lucky people on my friends list will already know how much I enjoy a fish finger sandwich. Thumbs Up

#Make Bacon Great Again

Last edited by grr666 on 11:28 - 05 Sep 2018; edited 1 time in total

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 08:56 - 05 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When teffers melded with hetzer.....

It's a quality rant though.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:51 - 05 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

<some wise stuff>
<and>
#Make Bacon Great Again

You fackin' beauty. I am framing this and putting it on the wall.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 20:21 - 05 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmm B--A--C--ON--!--!--!
https://i.imgur.com/zZmDBV4.png

Some decades ago, a Jewish family moved into the flat over my auntie. Very orthodox one apparently, they had two-point eight kids, a ringletted Rabi grandad, and a Volvo estate car.

One day auntie was cooking bacon butties, and had the french windows open, because it was hot, when the Rabi appeared in the french window...
"Oh, Sorry" said Auntie, remembering Jews eat no pork, and not wanting to get on the wrong side of MOSSAD..... "Is the smell bothering you? Would you like me to shut the door?"
"No, no, no, no, no!" Says the Rabi, {I cant type in the vernacular of a Sarf-Landan-Rabi.... use your imagination!} "Leave it open and let me sniff!"

Apparently there followed a discourse on the geraniums and wot-not in the garden whilst the bacon sizzled, then Auntie realized she needed to make the sandwich, and forgetting earlier contention over the smell of sizzling bacon..... offered the Rabi one of her butties.....

Then stopped "Oh! Sorry, I forgot, you dont eat pig, do you!" and tried to wonder what else she could offer her guest.

"No, no, no, no, no, my dear!" Says the Rabi, "That is the Muslims! And where they got it wrong in their translation. The good book, says we should not eat PORK.... bacon? Well, bacon is pig, but it is not pork, is it?"

If only Mohammad had a better grasp of yiddish, just THINK how it could have saved every-ones bacon, and brought about world peace between the religions!

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:08 - 04 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That same book prohibits clothes of mixed fabrics, yet here we all are rocking the polycotton.

But back on topic, do cbt, get licence, reach into your pocket for a few spare tenners and do a bikesafe or ERS, or both.

Chunky footpegs with big blunt ends win over little aluminium spikes for safety and for taste if said spikes are in some garish shade of anodising as you might find in almost matching shades all over a cheap middleweight.

And sprung pegs are way better than fixed pegs as soon as you start riding near the limit, that way the peg lifts and chamfers rather than imediately levering the back wheel off the tarmac. The former is fun, the latter is an injury. Avoid injuries by not crashing. Reduce risk/severity of injuries if you do crash by wearing hte best kit you can afford.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:23 - 04 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
OP is a cyclist, vegan, adult-student, so it's likely he already thinks he's superior to at least 70% of other people because
of his political and social choices. Cue MASSIVE Rolling Eyes. What did you expect? They absolutely can't help being argumentative,
as the posts demonstrate. Lack of meat is to blame. It's called "Hangry". Reading on... an self proclaimed interest in ethics
eh? I bet he does... Cue MASSIVE Rolling Eyes #2. No doubt an especially favourite ethics topic, which he can literally bang on about
until peoples ears bleed is "What other people are having for dinner".You tend to find this type are interested in
their ethics specifically and dismiss anyone elses out of hand. What about our BCF ethics?? Oh, and yes. Of course
he's informed us of this. Rolling Eyes #3 No doxxing here.

So.. Noob turns up. Asks a stupid question. When people who can and do ride motorcyles who probably know more than
he ever will on the topic and moreover who bothered to post in this "worrying about absolutely fuck all" depressing thread?
Then gobs off at those people like king shit and decides to educate them instead. Laughing I think he's had an easy ride by
BCF standards yet still he whines like a vegan looking at the menu in Mcdonalds. You'll note absolutely zero thought
given to what he might do when he drops his bike, because he'll weigh about 50 kilos yet think he's Hercules. I know
two vegans in real life. Unfortunately, I can't avoid either as one is my wifes best mate and the other my best mates
wife. Hows your luck? For instance, My mates wife forced everyone at her wedding to eat vegan food too, yet wanted
special treatment at my wedding where a roast beef dinner was on the menu. Wifes best mate endlessly proclaims her good
health to all and sundry and how her diet is the reason for this but takes a handfull of supplement pills every morning,
no exaggeration either, like about 12 tablets. She is always as pale as a ghost. It's tiresome when they come to visit, the
shopping trip takes twice as long to do as reading the fucking labels on every last thing to make sure you don't trample
on their lifestyle choice by thoughtlessly providing inappropriate hospitality. Middle Finger

We had a bloke from the US military a few weeks back. Cut from the same cloth as vegans they also can't help virtue
signalling endlessly to validate their existence and will also bore anything with ears about their time in the forces.
But at least that can provoke an interesting conversation.

"So... Have you ever shot someone then?

will start a better conversation than

"So... Have you ever eaten lamb Jeremy?

Is anybody that surprised that someone like this wants to over examine footpegs?? He's worried about snapping his
twig like ankles, honed by years of cycling and malnutrition. As if falling off the bastard won't be the only thing on
his mind when it happens. I predict if this one actually does wobble through CBT and become king of the road on his
YBR125 (which I doubt). He'll go to the next place righteously screaming "But I had right of way, not you!" when he
encounters pig headed lorry driver who's just had his second parking ticket of the day and is half hour late for his next
drop that's still 30 mins away while he has the gaffer in the office on the hands free bollocking him about not being on site yet. Laughing

On a side note I simply must remember to update my profile with a list of meats I enjoy. First in order of cuteness
and then succulence. The lucky lucky people on my friends list will already know how much I enjoy a fish finger sandwich. Thumbs Up

#Make Bacon Great Again

Thumbs Up This ^ every last word!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 198 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2