BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CCM supermoto

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 05 Nov 2018    Post subject: CCM supermoto Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I have a CCM 404 DS (supermoto) and had started a thread in the workshop - it was advised that folk here can help me..

Original thread:

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=326081

I was told that the rims on my bike have sizes on them. Here they are:

Front - Morad Spain 3.50 x 17" 36TR 9/03 E DOT

Rear - Morad Spain 4.25 x 17" 36TR 1/03 E DOT

Basically I'm wanting to know what the correct tyre size is for starters. Next is I'm off the road for winter and want to put some good road legal tyres on. NOT dual sport - I want grippy sticky ones that'll mostly see dry weather with the odd rain shower included.

Can anyone answer the size I need?? Then some recommendations for good tyres - the bike won't be touring, just be used more local for blowing cobwebs etc.

Cheers!

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 27 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you chosen your tyres yet?

Were the recommendations about the tyre sizes from oponeo useful?

Quote:Although I have a Pirelli Diablo 120/70x17 fitted,if I had the choice now I would fit one of these for £88 with free delivery

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/moto-tyre-details/michelin-pilot-road-3-120-70zr17-58-w-front-tl-m-c#230924369

If you prefer a Pirelli for the rear,these are available in the 'R' rated build instead of a 'ZR' speed rated tyre.Not bad for £84 delivered

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/moto-tyre-details/pirelli-diablo-rosso-ii-150-60-r17-66-h-rear-tl-m-c#231785797

Always have a 'Plan B'

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:07 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not chosen no but those original sizes on the bike don't seem too far off - I'll go with that.
Family life here went upside down - close bereavement meant things have/are taking priority..
I think once Santy and New Year is put back into a cupboard then I'll start better with the bike - it's off the road anyways for most of the winter as I need to go through a heap of engine internals to make sure certain fixes have been done. It's also getting chain and sprockets.

Is it OK to mix manufacturers like that? I'd had a quick scratch about and was eyeing up Bridgestone Battlax or something similar (front and rear).

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:55 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:
Not chosen no but those original sizes on the bike don't seem too far off - I'll go with that.
Family life here went upside down - close bereavement meant things have/are taking priority..
I think once Santy and New Year is put back into a cupboard then I'll start better with the bike - it's off the road anyways for most of the winter as I need to go through a heap of engine internals to make sure certain fixes have been done. It's also getting chain and sprockets.

Is it OK to mix manufacturers like that? I'd had a quick scratch about and was eyeing up Bridgestone Battlax or something similar (front and rear).

The michelin pilot roads are a better tyre all round than the Bridgestone IMO, although I prefer the PR4 to the 3 (not much in it though). Worth the extra spend.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha. See that's where I'm also lacking knowledge - first hand experience with using what's actually for sale out there. (been a while since I last rode anything with more than 5hp!)
I'll definitely listen to and consider all recommendations for tyres.

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:32 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
When I had the ccm604 ds it came with 2 sets of wheels.
1 set of mag 17's for road use & a set of spoked wheels for off road use.
Could be swapped over in 10mins.

Probably 1 of the best bikes I ever owned, still regret selling it.
Probably totally irrelevant but maybe worth looking at.

Cheers,
GAZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:09 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stirlinggaz wrote:
Hi,
When I had the ccm604 ds it came with 2 sets of wheels.
1 set of mag 17's for road use & a set of spoked wheels for off road use.
Could be swapped over in 10mins.

Probably 1 of the best bikes I ever owned, still regret selling it.
Probably totally irrelevant but maybe worth looking at.

Cheers,
GAZ

Yeah I've noted those. Another consideration for a swap (next winter - this one is silly with stuff) is some actual motorcross wheels and do the conversion myself. Should only take a bit of lathe work and some bracketry made. It doesn't seem impossible.. famous last words!

My 404 is off the roads now and awaiting a start. Just need some free time.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 104 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1