Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Frank Thomas leathers? 'Steered' to them instore, but -help?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Read the post - was the guy a bit sneaky?
Yes! Out of order, when asked about FT, he should have said it was own-brand
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Nah! Chill, no reason for him to admit it was own-brand
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
I'm on the fence!
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

MikeM696
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 01:21 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Cheers - to be fair to the guy, they offered to exchange ;) Reply with quote

So after emailing and explaining I was a little unhappy at being steered to FT gear - and especially re: when I then asked about the FT brand, they failed to mention they were an own-brand product (and likely higher margins!), they said that wasn't their intention and stated they will be happy to exchange.

So, heading down there tomrw to check out some dainese and RST.

Cheers to all!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:25 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a refund, try lots of stuff on and then buy online for a cheaper price. Wink

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've visited J&S once, and will probably remain that way.

"Hi, do you have a dark smoke pinlock insert for a Shoei Qwest helmet?
"Yes! We do, let me just go find them!"
*rummages in a box for a few minutes*
"Here you are!"
"Err, that's clear, I asked for dark smoke?"
"Oh, errrm, I can order you one?"
*taps away on computer*
"It'll be £28.99. But if it costs more we'll have to charge you more."

Why they couldn't get the definite price, god only knows.

Got the impression J&S are the 'Sports Direct' of motorcycle gear. Lots of brands, may of which they own and want you to buy. Staff have very little customer services skills and just want you to buy something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:23 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Thomas are probably a better quality brand than RST. Dianese are tarty but don't survive crashes particularly well.

Personally I have an RST 2 piece, but that's because it was cheap. They are bum basic. I use my old Crowtrees on track.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I destroy IXS kit faster than i destroy RST kit. Yeah, i'm buying because it's cheap, but they were one of the first brands to embrace CE regs, they've been at it with boots and gloves for as ling as i've been riding i think, but i didn't like the fit. I think perhaps the embracing of CE because of percieved low quality.

But comparing 2014->17 kit, the RST blade and tractech textiles had heavier fabrics with a thicker thread. My RST kit is a lot heavier (as in fabric weight, armour is much lighter) than Hein Gericke kit that was nearly twice the price in 2012. I'm also seeing stronger zips and more double stitching. How much CE FT gear is there about? Not a lot becasue the reange requires a huge overhaul to meet standards.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 141 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2