Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Al Beeb subliminal comedy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:57 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
"Over represented." Are we supposed to be disgusted at QT because there were two black people on the panel? Just another racist post from bnp72.

Even factual truth is racist now Comrade.

What does that mean?

mpd72 wrote:
40% of London are not Afro carribean. Try going there and admire the Muslim, Asian majority in many areas.

Which fact are you denying?

So you're enraged that there wasn't a Muslim on the panel?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:41 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

It means you're a bit lame pulling race cards over factual information.
Apparently the truth is so racist, we must all pretend the truth isn't happening.

But what do you mean when you present the fact that two panelists were black and use the phrase "over representation", I can only assume that if the BBC has a Five strong panel they are only allowed one Black midget to keep it representative.

If you look at the stats 40% of london is not white so the panel was representative, If you want to further break it down by ethnicities and religions it's a slippery slope until any panel would be unrepresentative of any group unless it had hundreds of members.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he means is that, the fact that there are any non white indigenous people on the panel means they are over represented.

But he's not racist, just a little right of center.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's funny that the both the (far) left and right are fixated on race and (over or under) representation based on demographics. Maybe we'll one day reach a point where race isn't important, we seem to be going the other way though.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:59 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all a bit daft. So what if the panel contained two black MPs? They were on because they represent different political parties - their skin colour was an irrelevance.

What mpd seems to be arguing for is proportional representation on QT in terms of ethnicity. Given the wide range of people we have in Britain, this would need to be worked out over the course of a year to make sure each group got an airing. What would complicate it further is the matter of 'leaning'. What if one group is more right than left, or more gay than straight?

To achieve what I think mpd is arguing for would be practically impossible.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget that despite the fact they don't have a single MP, UKIP have had by far a higher representation on QT than the Greens, Plaid thingy, and even the SNP.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:45 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
duhawkz wrote:
What he means is that, the fact that there are any non white indigenous people on the panel means they are over represented.

But he's not racist, just a little right of center.

Wrong, the entire point was the seriously disproportionate camera time presented to the two BME panelists, which became very obvious if you watched with no sound. It's hardly like Al Beeb don't have an agenda over this sort of thing is it?

It's the tedious left wing race card pullers who are ignoring this as usual and picking up on my side comment of "already over represented", in order to throw a race card. It's not the main point I was making, but one where you feel you can score virtue signalling points.

Who gives a fuck, why does it even matter what fucking creed or colour they are?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
It is all a bit daft. So what if the panel contained two black MPs? They were on because they represent different political parties - their skin colour was an irrelevance.

What mpd seems to be arguing for is proportional representation on QT in terms of ethnicity. Given the wide range of people we have in Britain, this would need to be worked out over the course of a year to make sure each group got an airing. What would complicate it further is the matter of 'leaning'. What if one group is more right than left, or more gay than straight?

To achieve what I think mpd is arguing for would be practically impossible.

I agree with you I'm just pointing out it isn't just mpd/the right doing it. Last night on the BBC national news there as something about ethnic minorities being under-represented in the probation service, there is a similar story most days. I don't think being fixated on demographics and expecting every field to perfectly represent them is healthy, particularity as people have different skills and interests. If you identify barriers then yes remove them, but that isn't what is happening.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:04 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
I think it's time Al Beeb either became impartial or stopped expecting everyone to fund them whether they agree or not, with their ever increasing agenda.

Stop paying your TV license then Wink

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:06 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two politicians, one Labour, one Conservative, did most of the talking you say?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Still struggling to see how this was racist, given that we live in a multicultural society and both individuals were there because they are politicians.

But there is a double standard.

20% white people in an African country... colonists, evil!
20% black people in a European country... multiculturalism, amazing!

Only a racist could support such a position.

M.C wrote:

Stop paying your TV license then Wink

I did. I also don't own a TV. That's probably why I'm able to think for myself Wink

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:56 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
It's a legal requirement, not an option. I'm a law abiding, tax paying citizen. If they were impartial I wouldn't object to paying it, but their ever increasing agenda no longer represents the population as a whole.

I'm guessing you also never speed then? Don't pay it, that's the only way they'll get the message. The BBC is a dinosaur anyway, it should have moved over to advertising years ago, its not 1952 anymore.

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
I did. I also don't own a TV. That's probably why I'm able to think for myself Wink

Are you sure you've never accidentally clicked that little box saying you have a TV license? Smile

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:03 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
The two politicians, one Labour, one Conservative, did most of the talking you say?

Race and sexuality, beats politics every time.

The politicians talk the most every week.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:40 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
M.C wrote:
I'm guessing you also never speed then? Don't pay it, that's the only way they'll get the message.

It's not optional. Anyway, don't you live with your Mum, so doesn't she pay for one or get a free one for being retired?

Dunno its never come up before Laughing and no it's over 75 for a free license.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:24 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
M.C wrote:
I'm guessing you also never speed then? Don't pay it, that's the only way they'll get the message.

It's not optional. Anyway, don't you live with your Mum, so doesn't she pay for one or get a free one for being retired?

Yes it is optional. Don't watch tv. Or use iPlayer.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:41 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought most people have netflix anyway? When the older generation die out (or get a free license) the BBC are totes fooked.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 11 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You don't know the order of Al Beeb virtue signalling poker then?
Race and sexuality, beats politics every time."

I love this as a totally meaningless statement!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 140 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 2 of 23