Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Al Beeb subliminal comedy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:42 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Its still a game of two halves, whoever says it.....

At the end of the day, they'll be sick as a parrot to find out a trained chimp with a sound board could do their job.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to admit that al-Beeb has chucked an awful lot of air time at women's football in the last few years.
I find it hard to get as passionate for Women's world cup as I do the Men's (sexist Sad )

I don't know whether it is down to political correctness, or whether after paying Linker's salary BBC sport can't afford shit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:54 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I've got to admit that al-Beeb has chucked an awful lot of air time at women's football in the last few years.
I find it hard to get as passionate for Women's world cup as I do the Men's (sexist Sad )

I don't know whether it is down to political correctness, or whether after paying Linker's salary BBC sport can't afford shit.

Women's football is pub standard, even the professional game. So is rugby except for Italy and the Red Roses but I like watching women so alls good. Wub
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

When it's done deliberately just to tick boxes, it's embarrassing and Al Beeb don't know how to do this subtly. Sky can manage it, but not Al Beeb.

I have to agree with mpd over that.

I absolutely have nothing against women commentating, reviewing or punditing as long as they have a background in it and are good at their job.

However the BEEB has thrown women at football with a scattergun approach to auger PC correctness.

From the excellent Gabby Logan last season we have suddenly gone from one major female football host to a plethora of females in the football programme from commentators to pundits and it's so obviously PC box ticking as SOME are utter pants and should not be anywhere near a professional football programme.

Signed A football fan Middle Finger

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus drive for female only shortlists in elections too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:00 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
mpd72 CPT wrote:

When it's done deliberately just to tick boxes, it's embarrassing and Al Beeb don't know how to do this subtly. Sky can manage it, but not Al Beeb.

I have to agree with mpd over that.

I absolutely have nothing against women commentating, reviewing or punditing as long as they have a background in it and are good at their job.

However the BEEB has thrown women at football with a scattergun approach to auger PC correctness.

From the excellent Gabby Logan last season we have suddenly gone from one major female football host to a plethora of females in the football programme from commentators to pundits and it's so obviously PC box ticking as SOME are utter pants and should not be anywhere near a professional football programme.

Signed A football fan Middle Finger

Sorry, but I can't take you seriously because you refer to Gabby Logan as excellent Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:58 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of women's football I watched that 'Harry Redknapp coaching former England players' last night and they played a womens team and WON 1-0
Tut Tut

Good TV though, amazing how much timber some of the previous England legends have put on.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

QT on again tonight presumably.

I'm hoping that this week Val might be on the panel.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:28 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to report. A tory MP with rolled up sleeves, a Labour chap with little to say, a woman from some thinktank, Sin Fein and the DUP. Was primarily a slanging match between Sin Fein and the DUP. Looks like both Labour and Conservative have run out of ideas because most of what those two were saying related to what we 'should' have done.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:51 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave up with it. Utter dross.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Diggs. Being in Belfast it really was Sinn Fein vs. DUP.
DUP claimed they'd work in government with SF but that SF flounced. SF said yeah but gay marriage....
Outcome was that both will get paid full time but do fcuk all.

Interesting point (I didn't know) was that SF don't serve their electorate in Westminster because they refuse to sit there as it means taking an oath to the Queen.

Val wasn't on it though Sad

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:24 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

On QT tonight the panel is

mpd
Jewlio
Val
Ste
? Mystery

Seriously I'd pay good money for this debate Very Happy

Not sure who the 5th one would be, CaNsA maybe, or Borg, Arcane...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:30 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste Laughing

I don't know why but I have this image of a nobcat version of spit the dog peeking over the desk from Ste's lap.

Fiona Bruce would love it!!

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need one more on the Right for balance. If you could find a black, Muslim, female, disabled lesbian who can't add, up dressed as a football-lad with a fine dusting of white powder on her septum, that would be perfect!

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm Thinking

OK how about Dianne Abbott sock?

Or Reijufiing to argue in favour of TM deal?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 04 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teff's on it this week.

Problem is they won't get through the first question!
Very Happy

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 05 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight on QT nothing new was said.

The Panel:

Tory-boy Telegraph columnist, pro leaving with no deal. Called out for being wealthy and not likely to be effected by leaving the EU. White.

Irish politician, remainer, wants it all to go away. White.

David Lammy, remainer, wants another referendum. Black.

Tory politician, voted to stay, now wants to leave to be seen to represent his electorate and keep his job. White.

Strange columnist/commentator lady, liked the sound of her own opinion, didn't have anything constructive to say. Indian sub-continent.

Prize for making most sense - the Irish lady.

Prize for making least sense - the strange columnist lady.

Prize for the most slapable face - the strange columnist lady, purely for the condescending faces she pulled after saying her bit on any subject.

All in all, an hour of my life I won't get back......
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 05 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see QT.

Did anyone have the balls to ask David Lammy about his stupid comments, namely giving to Comic Relief is rasis?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 05 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Did anyone have the balls to ask David Lammy about his stupid comments, namely giving to Comic Relief is rasis?

If they did, I missed it...

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 05 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame. I shouldn't blame it on the audience. Presumably it's the Beeb that chooses which questions get asked.
I'd have liked to hear his response to that one.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 07 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that Alex Scott, retired professional female footballer, who has forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know?

You apparently support Huddersfield ffs.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 356 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 13 of 23