Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Al Beeb subliminal comedy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:20 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Diggs wrote:
I took the risk and watched Killing Eve last night. I gave it the night to see if I've changed. Just checked - no, I'm not a lesbian!!!

I'm reminded of my wife's attitude to such things:

Hardly Davidson's Wife wrote:
I tried it but it turns out I'm not a lesbian Sad

I did read that it takes at least 20 attempts before you truly know. Perhaps you should advise her of this, and you do the decent thing and be on hand to keep count...
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pidgin English always makes me laugh... Its like listening to local youths, except every sentence ends with 'bled' or 'innin'....

Genuine question - Did you have a problem with BBC sitcoms like It Aint Half Hot Mum, Are You Being Served, Til Death Do Us Part etc where gay people were represented by over the top stereotypes? What about Carry On films? If not, why not?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mpd72"]
Diggs wrote:

The BBC has been changing for a decade or so now, but recently it's falling over itself to try to out PC any other broadcaster.

Unless you are repressing something and struggling to come to terms with it, why do you give a shit? Surely there are more important things in life?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:40 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Unless you are repressing something and struggling to come to terms with it, why do you give a shit? Surely there are more important things in life?

Like the fact the TV licence people are on the estate knocking on doors. Evil or Very Mad

I shall tell them I haven't got a licence because I have it on good authority that Eve is going to be doing naughtys with another woman and that's naughty. Folded arms

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

From pidgin English translations of it's website to appeal to Nigerians, to over the top gay undertones in it's largest shows, they're putting far too much effort into being politically over correct and not enough into value for money broadcasting.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin

Quote:
De one we dem de read well well
Boris Johnson: Police show for MP house ontop report of quarrel wit partner
Anoda woman don die afta 'Brazilian bum-bum' to add extra ikebe
Ethiopia: Army chief don die for coup attempt
Burundi vs Nigeria: Ighalo score as newcomers nearly do Super Eagles strong thing

I mean, WTF is the point of that ^
Are we pretending they couldn't read it if it was in proper English?

We've already cover this. The BBC sells its world service abroad and makes a significant amount of money doing so.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:32 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

I know you're playing the baiting game, but some of these shows have got a bit silly.

I haven't seen the programmes you've been talking about, but I did stop watching the last series of Dr Who, which got so moralistic, it was one step away from tuning in to a TV evangelist.

Given that that is a programme which is ostensibly aimed at a younger audience, I find that a little bit disturbing.

At least when other channels do it, it's much more overt, not sneaking a message in under the veil of providing a heritage, public funded broadcast, that claims it is all things to all people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:09 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye gods! Yes, what a waste of talent... they got a woman in for a change, big whoop but they had to over do the whole thing.

When the Bradley Walsh character threatened to kill a mass murdering alien psychopath who embeds his victims' teeth in his own skin (and killed the character's wife) the Doctor got all bent out of shape. Whereas the Doctor himself/herself/etc. has/had/will/[time travel shit] committed genocide several times over the years. The crow calls the raven black, ppl in glass houses and so on... DO AS I SAY NOT DO AS I DO and what sort of ppl come out with that bullshit all the time?

I switched off at that point.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:55 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

And people ask me why I chucked my TV set into a skip?
I could see all of the things mentioned and more. It was sickening to see broadcasters attempting to please all genders and sections of communities.

I blame Balamory for starting it all.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:30 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did watch a few minutes of the new Dr Who and found it insipid, but I'm not sure that has to do with a liberal conspiracy rather than simply plain poor writing. Then again, I am from the Tom Baker generation, so anybody else can't possibly compare...

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

The part about them deliberately handing the lead role to a woman, after the character has been a man since the very start in the 1960's, passed you by unnoticed then? Rolling Eyes

No, I remember that. If it were chapters of a book where the main character is male, I'd agree that any actor playing him should be male throughout. My Dr Who knowledge is sketchy at best, but correct me if the character isn't somebody who gets re-invented regularly...

Was the lead role 'deliberately' handed to a woman? If the character is a woman in this season, then I'd say yes. Clever casting you see - avoids confusion.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:40 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I did watch a few minutes of the new Dr Who and found it insipid, but I'm not sure that has to do with a liberal conspiracy rather than simply plain poor writing. Then again, I am from the Tom Baker generation, so anybody else can't possibly compare...

Trust me, there's loads in there. I could get past all that but it's still rubbish. I feel sorry for Jodie Whittaker 'cos she could do the "mad as box of frogs" aspect of Doctor Who perfectly fine but there wasn't the cold, dark, sociopathy in the character that Tom Baker managed perfectly. Peter Capaldi did a perfectly respectable job IMO.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

The part about them deliberately handing the lead role to a woman, after the character has been a man since the very start in the 1960's, passed you by unnoticed then? Rolling Eyes

What next, "Mr Browns Gender Fluid Offspring".... "Wondernonbinary"?

Funny that, when Thatcher became PM, that role had been male only since 1721 !!, and, yet, no doubt you filled many a sock over her !!

You can make your comment about a character being the first, woman, man, hermaphrodite for many things, completely pointless post by you, then again, find me the exception!!

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:02 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

You do realise the role of prime minister is real and Dr Who is a fictional character? It's just, this simple fact seems to have escaped you?

I take it you've spotted the Queen is a woman too?

My you're being observant today, indeed she is, otherwise, we'd have a king, but hey, as to the character being fictional or not, it's largely irrelevant, and, to be fair, the fact that it's a fictional character, simply serves to highlight how futile and meaningless your ire really is !! Laughing Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:17 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Diggs wrote:

Was the lead role 'deliberately' handed to a woman?

What do you think? Do you think political correctness played any influence in Al Beeb making this controversial decision? How about their insistence to over represent woman presenters for male football? An accident too or deliberate virtue signalling?

It's not natural with the BBC, they seem incapable of including diversity, without punching you in the face with it.

I imagine the lead role in Dr Who was deliberately written for a woman. Given that women make up half the population and lots of girls watch Dr Who, it isn't really surprising that the BBC or whoever decided to do this for once. Who knows, next time the role could be taken by a black lesbian cross-dressing wheelchair-bound Nazi with a speech impediment. Who gives a shit!!!

Again, who really gives a shit if women present football? Whoever presents it gets criticised for one reason or another, except perhaps Roy Keane...

You really do need to stop being frightened of people who are different to you!

Last edited by Diggs on 15:18 - 24 Jun 2019; edited 1 time in total

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

James Bond is also a fictional character. Luckily Al Beeb don’t control it as a franchise, or we’d have a Jemima Bond by now.

Indeed he is. What would be so wrong if a film appeared with a woman playing a Bond role? Obviously she wouldn't be called 'James Bond' because James is a male name. The story could have all the usual characters plus villains, and could even have some 'Bond girls' to tick the lesbian virtue signalling box.

Again, who really cares?

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

James Bond is also a fictional character. Luckily Al Beeb don’t control it as a franchise, or we’d have a Jemima Bond by now.

Thankyou for proving my point, always did wonder if indeed you did live in a world of fantasy and make believe ..

Just think, some characters as women, could be really scary, for example, how about Dr Miriam Banner with pms ! Oh, best steer clear there eh !!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 18 of 23