Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Al Beeb subliminal comedy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

I’m sure if the PC brigade did actually turn Bond into a woman, most people outside of your gang at the local Hipster Gin Palace, would see it as murdering the series.

I am struggling to see your point here. James Bond is a bloke. The only way James Bond could turn into a woman is if he had the op.

Hang on, there's an idea. James Bond by day, Jane Bond by night. 007 - license to wear women's clothing, camp it up and sing 'I Will Survive' whilst simultaneously saving the western world and shagging her way through most of the cast...

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:08 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I was hoping Idris Elba might take up the role.

I made the mistake of mentioning this to my mum one time and she was not impressed! "Mum, he's more of a Londoner than you! Born and bred in Hackney, ffs"

My mum thinks the Daily Mail is a bit too left wing sometimes...
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

What do you think? Do you think political correctness played any influence in Al Beeb making this controversial decision? How about their insistence to over represent woman presenters for male football? An accident too or deliberate virtue signalling?

It's not natural with the BBC, they seem incapable of including diversity, without punching you in the face with it.

I imagine the lead role in Dr Who was deliberately written for a woman. Given that women make up half the population and lots of girls watch Dr Who, it isn't really surprising that the BBC or whoever decided to do this for once. Who knows, next time the role could be taken by a black lesbian cross-dressing wheelchair-bound Nazi with a speech impediment. Who gives a shit!!!

Again, who really gives a shit if women present football? Whoever presents it gets criticised for one reason or another, except perhaps Roy Keane...

You really do need to stop being frightened of people who are different to you!

He does have a point.

I wasn't all that bothered by the idea of a female Dr, although it did smack of PC bullsh*t. As you've mentioned, it's a character that's defined by it's ability to change into something completely different every so often, so why not a woman this time.

What I didn't like was the none too subtle swing towards story lines with a deliberately moralistic outcome; they weren't implied, hinted at or even clearly signposted, the writers (I assume at the behest of the BBC and, to borrow a phrase from MPD) punched the viewers in the face with it, the whole "we're going to show everyone just how responsible and inclusive we can be" thing, was about as subtle as a steel toe capped boot in the testicles, with a run up.

I felt it stretched the Reithian principles to beyond breaking point, as the BBC often seem to do these days.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only argument here is that there is nothing wrong in principle with a female Dr Who. As for the writing, if the Beeb can't make the format work then it needs to change its writers. If maximising inclusiveness reduces viewing pleasure, then the Beeb needs to make a choice...

I'm not a fan of 'Little House on the Prairie' style happy endings personally, and if I watched Dr Who, I'd prefer something darker. As a kid I can remember being genuinely frightened of men in tin-foil costumes chasing the cast around a quarry, Davros and the like, plus the totty added spice. Not sure I would be interested now...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PC bullsh1t is as deep as it gets.

When did this happen? Shortly after the BBC equality scandal.

I'm another who couldn't care less about Dr. Who, I stopped watching it years ago but for anyone to say it wasn't anything but PC box ticking is fooling themselves IMO.

EXTERMINATING VIEWERS Doctor Who ratings plunge after Jodie Whittaker takes over with PC plots

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7666311/doctor-who-ratings-fall-pc-plots/

and

'Doctor Who' Ratings Are Way Up Thanks to Jodie Whittaker, AKA the First Female Doctor Who

https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/a25447990/doctor-who-ratings-up-jodie-whittaker-first-female-doctor-who/

Someone is lying. Laughing

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:20 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
The PC bullsh1t is as deep as it gets.

When did this happen? Shortly after the BBC equality scandal.

I'm another who couldn't care less about Dr. Who, I stopped watching it years ago but for anyone to say it wasn't anything but PC box ticking is fooling themselves IMO.

EXTERMINATING VIEWERS Doctor Who ratings plunge after Jodie Whittaker takes over with PC plots

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7666311/doctor-who-ratings-fall-pc-plots/

and

'Doctor Who' Ratings Are Way Up Thanks to Jodie Whittaker, AKA the First Female Doctor Who

https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/a25447990/doctor-who-ratings-up-jodie-whittaker-first-female-doctor-who/

Someone is lying. Laughing

You must be bored, took that much timeout, and effort to try and find something out about something you're not interested in. Guess it's lagging it down there as well as here then!!

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

He added links to back up his opinion. Something you and the rest of the lefty liberals on here seem unable to do. I see adding a source as a good thing and a way of filtering out the agenda driven bull. Thumbs Up

Says the child who lives his life through the eyes of a youtuber !!

But, but, but, the doctor should be a man !! he's real you know, not this fake woman, nooo, she can't be real, please say it's not so !! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping

Anyhow, it's time I cut my toe nails, sun's come out, so, no longer bored with nothing to do. May find another bit of your drivel to keep me entertained next time I'm really bored Thumbs Up

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Not if the motive was to improve the series, no. It's not though is it? It's become quite clear that Al Beeb are aiming it at a younger market and using it as a platform to social engineer the next generation with it's overly libtard plot lines and PC messages.

Don't worry about the BBC, the younger generation I've 3 under 18, do not watch it at all. In fact when I was struggling to run aerial in to one of their rooms, I was told not to bother.

They don't watch it, nor do they watch any live TV. They watch YouTube, Twitch (or something like that) & Netflix at an absolute push Prime.

If the TV has none of these, it's not an issue as a kids room, normally have an Xbox or PlayStation, which has all of these.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
linuxyeti wrote:

You must be bored, took that much timeout, and effort to try and find something

He added links to back up his opinion. Something you and the rest of the lefty liberals on here seem unable to do. I see adding a source as a good thing and a way of filtering out the agenda driven bull. Thumbs Up

How about adding your source for Saint Tommy's exoneration? And rather than neg me, just provide your source, then I won't be able to ask you for it, will I?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 26 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he negs, because he can't provide a source.

Beautiful, beautiful irony.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:35 - 05 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting discussion with Bénédicte Paviot on This Week, and some very apposite questions and comments from Andrew Neil and Michael Portillo in the light of the latest senior appointments in the EU. EUphile Paviot did an arrogant piece on Brexit first, and then got her arse handed to her. Worth a catch-up at 6m13s and 10m13s -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0006hn7/this-week-04072019
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:19 - 05 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Interesting discussion with Bénédicte Paviot on This Week, and some very apposite questions and comments from Andrew Neil and Michael Portillo in the light of the latest senior appointments in the EU. EUphile Paviot did an arrogant piece on Brexit first, and then got her arse handed to her. Worth a catch-up at 6m13s and 10m13s -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0006hn7/this-week-04072019

I thought Portillo in particular played a blinder last night. I bet that is the last time she agrees to appear on This Week.....

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 05 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Doctor Who has been a bloke for well over 50 years too. How are you struggling to see the point?

How long did we have a male prime minister for veggie Maggie came along?

Clue: Longer than 50 years.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 05 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
The PM is a genuine role, Doctor Who is a fictional character. hth.

Even more of a reason for a woman to be in the role then.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:00 - 06 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Even the viewers think you’re wrong. Come on, stop this small man syndrome cobblers.

5ft 6.499inches?,

Never watched it, IDGAF. I imagine the majority of people who complain about it are those with their dinner staining the front of their t shirts, and complaining from the safety of mummy and daddy's spare room.

Based on you, it's a wholly accurate presumption up to now.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 06 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mirrors in your house then? Or are you not tall enough to see in them?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 295 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 19 of 23