Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Livestream to FB from a bike cam, any kit recommendations?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MikeM696
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:28 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Livestream to FB from a bike cam, any kit recommendations? Reply with quote

I'm looking to get something like the Sena for audio (sat nav/comms/calls), but would also like the option of livestreaming video too.

Not sure if something like the Sena 10C can pair with an Android app and be used as a livestream cam, or if a separate cam, like the Drift cams etc can livestream (with their native apps or paired to a smartphone & using a 3rd party app).

Does anyone experience of setting up a livestream via a helmet cam or bike-mounted cam?

Cheers!

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is for motovlogging then please feel free to drink bleach.

MikeM696
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:50 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT200Fan79 wrote:
If this is for motovlogging then please feel free to drink bleach.

It’s for streaming to folks on Facebook. But drink bleach? That’s a bit unnecessary, no?

Seriously this isn’t for a YouTube vlogging channel or anything, but if it was what’s the issue? Don’t like it, ignore it! Nobody forces you to watch other’s online content, so why the need to get nasty about it like that?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:10 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would anyone want to watch a live stream of you riding?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeM696 wrote:
so why the need to get nasty about it like that?

You must be new here Very Happy

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 18:56 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the face broke-link? I must remember to add it to my favorites...
I mean, there's hunreds of hours of U-Tube clips of other folks rides, for when I have too much time on my hands to get out there on the bike, and do some first-hand riding.... and it's so last century to have to waitr until some-one uploads one, the idea of being able to watch it in real time, is just SO must have, why hasn't any-one....

Hold on, I'm missing the footage of the vidio-feed from the Isle of Man TT web-cam in parliment square.... I think some-one may be coming out the post office!!!1 Gotta go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rolling Eyes Yeah.. why; just WHY. Go ride your bike, and enjoy, you dont NEED to put up video of every where you have been for any of us to 'just' ignore.... that would sort of imply some-one has some interest in even knowing it exists to want to ignore it, rather than be blithely ignorant of it!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeM696
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:07 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, so much hostility lol. Fair enough if you're not into the live streaming, understood. Why so bothered if others are? Why so worked up about it?

Lots of things I don't like but so long as not hurting anyone else, I don't go bitching about it or criticising folks.

So I'm interested in live streaming for a bit of fun with a few mates on Facebook, what's the big deal? My streams will be set to friends only anyway, as most of my FB posts are.

I was hoping to discuss the tech side of things really, and if anyone knew of any cams that work well for live streaming rides, not the idea of live streaming & what the point is/isn't. The point, for me, is me and a few mates looking to have a laugh live streaming a few bike vids, end of.

I didn't realise it'd cause such outrage lol.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeM696 wrote:

It’s for streaming to folks on Facebook.

Seriously mate you want popo to watch live you riding a bike?

Brace yourself to become famous, headlines:

Quote:
Biker caught streaming dangerous driving live on Facebook, filters at 130mph.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:18 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeM696 wrote:
I didn't realise it'd cause such outrage lol.

For future reference:
- vlogging
- cruisers
- helmet mounted wipers

...are unsafe subjects to discuss Smile

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:10 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not outrage. It's the fact you don't search similar posts and think before you ask. Plus, bad grammar and punctuation gets ire up on here too. We let Teflon Mike go because he's trying to make a succint point and failing (normally).

MikeM696
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:20 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did look for similar posts but couldn't find anything specific about what I was asking?

Regarding 'outrage'... Okay, maybe there wasn't not outrage, but suggesting someone drinks bleach is pretty abusive, don't you think?

I also don't think my grammar was that bad (sorry if I am mistaken in that though!).

Oh, and it's 'succinct' not 'succint'.

At the end of the day I was just asking some questions about people's experience with helmet cam hardware & live streaming, I didn't think that deserved an abusive response suggesting I drink bleach.

As everyone else seems to think I'm wrong on that point, I guess I'm in the wrong place. No worries, I'll bow out of the conversation and forum and find somewhere else.

Cheers.

Kentol750 wrote:
It's not outrage. It's the fact you don't search similar posts and think before you ask. Plus, bad grammar and punctuation gets ire up on here too. We let Teflon Mike go because he's trying to make a succint point and failing (normally).

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:30 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be able to do what you want. You will need something that has access to the internet...
So either a phone or tablet...

So options are a holder for your phone on the bars or tapped to your helmet...

Now WTF is that bleech Smile

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeM696 wrote:
I'll bow out of the conversation and forum and find somewhere else.

https://yttalk.com/forums/vlogs-vloggers.101/

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, succint didnt get auto correted. I have a mount on bars for phone that woùld allow me to 'live stream. It's not called 'livepal' though.
It's a quadlock I think.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass the popcorn anyone?

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 22:11 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just jealous... I have no i-phone.... oh.. hang on a sec, no, its the mates... porobably 'cos I ent got no i-phone... Laughing

Seriousely the question was just "Why?" which you sorty of half answered.... you want to stream live vid to your mates.... really the question remains... "WHY?"

Tangentially off topic... I have a very 'loud' next-door but one neighbour... her excuse is that her two kids are deaf, and she 'forgets'... but, she actually 'Snap-Chats' my O/H from two ruddy doors away! "WE CAN HEAR YOU!!! You dont need the ruddy smurf-phone!"

It IS almost a cultural 'thing', and it utterly stunns me, that she, or my daughter, oir O/H's son, or thier mates, or any-one aparently under 30, it seems, for that matter, can be in the same ruddy room as the person they want to talk to...

Well, I say 'Talk' that is a rather quaint and antiquated term these days...

BUT... rather than OPEN THEIR MOUTH, and use WORDS... they will send a string of stupid punctuation marks via txt to ask whether some-one else in the room wants a cup of tea!

Ugh?!?!?

Look... you do NOT need the stuffing smurf-phone, to do anything and everything, like remember to keep breathing!!! (Reminds me of the old blond joke and the hair-dresser accidentally pulling her ear-phone out, and after the blond passing out in his chair, he hears "Breath in..... breath out" coming from the Walkman!!!)

Are your mates REALLY all that interested in seeing what you do when you are on the bike?

If so... why they not got their own bike, and aren't out riding with you., to see it first hand?

If not... why would they want to view it second hand on their smurf-phone?

Sorry, but the idea that its not hurting anyone so why should we care, doesn't wash... it IS hurting some-one... YOU! Perpetuating this millennial-myth that unless some-one sees it on a on a multi-function, under-chin-lighting-devise.... it didn't really happen!

A-N-D after the first thirty nano-seconds when mates may think "Hey neat, that's cool... what else is there to watch" what will you do to entertain them... wheelies? Ride over parked cars? Wheelie over parked cars? Are you REALLY that needy for attention? If so... how far will you go to get it... if not... back to top... "WHY?"

Straight answer is that you need some internet connected device to port your captured camera signal to the web to 'stream'. Most Digital Cameras these days can be so interfaced, and some even are wi-fi enabled; with all in one under-chin lighting-devices, often having both capabilities built in.... How would you preffer to skin the cat? And how much you prepared to pay for this 'laugh'....

BUT, question still remains, just "WHY?!"

Which is rhetorical.. we dont need or even really want you to know the answer... but, asking yourself, might take you down a road to enlightenment!!!! (and not under your chin!)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to the Sena 10-c. I've got one and it only Bluetooths for music and calls. No third party apps.

If it's just every now and again I think the simplest solution is to pop your iPhone in a top breast pocket with the camera showing, use in conjunction with wired headphones for the mic.

I've done it before when there was gridlocked traffic on the M6 and I wanted to rub it in my mates face that he was stuck as I filtered past 🤣

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
WTF is that bleech

It's 'bleach' not 'bleech'.

MikeM696
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:29 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh okay, thanks for the info on the Sena, I did wonder because all the searching I did just found people asking the question, but with no real answer except a Sena response on the support forum back in 2016 saying they may add the feature in the future.

Also it seemed from the support forum that you couldn't preview the video on the app to get the camera aligned, but the app seems to say you can now, since an earlier update... So I wondered if they'd enabled live streaming too, but seems not! Cheers for the info Smile

Re: Iphone - Hmmm that's an option I guess, if it comes to it!

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
No to the Sena 10-c. I've got one and it only Bluetooths for music and calls. No third party apps.

If it's just every now and again I think the simplest solution is to pop your iPhone in a top breast pocket with the camera showing, use in conjunction with wired headphones for the mic.

I've done it before when there was gridlocked traffic on the M6 and I wanted to rub it in my mates face that he was stuck as I filtered past 🤣

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:33 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the answer to why is just to see if you can? Fair enough, there's nothing wrong with that.

BCF doesn't like vloggers. Wink

Live streaming we haven't really come across before so I'm holding fire on judgement or telling you to drink bleach. Laughing

[Obvious answer] The best camera is the one you've got.

The problem is going to be your phone keeping a good enough 4G signal for uploading the video. I'd say play around with live streaming from the camera on your phone before spending any money on a camera. If you can get that working then see about pairing a camera by bluetooth or wifi but unless you're right in a town centre I wouldn't be very confident about the 4G signal being good enough.

Oh, and now you've told us about this you can't have the streams set to friends only. We need to see what happen, if only so we can take the piss. Razz

MikeM696
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:39 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ste,

Good thinking re: testing a stream using the phone's camera first to see if it'll hold a 4g signal well enough to stream, very good point!

Ste wrote:
So the answer to why is just to see if you can? Fair enough, there's nothing wrong with that.

BCF doesn't like vloggers. Wink

Live streaming we haven't really come across before so I'm holding fire on judgement or telling you to drink bleach. Laughing

[Obvious answer] The best camera is the one you've got.

The problem is going to be your phone keeping a good enough 4G signal for uploading the video. I'd say play around with live streaming from the camera on your phone before spending any money on a camera. If you can get that working then see about pairing a camera by bluetooth or wifi but unless you're right in a town centre I wouldn't be very confident about the 4G signal being good enough.

Oh, and now you've told us about this you can't have the streams set to friends only. We need to see what happen, if only so we can take the piss. Razz

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:53 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like it’s 1996 again, bloody top posters.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

MikeM696
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:55 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

Better?

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:02 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much, thank you.

MikeM696 wrote:
The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

Better?

Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

MikeM696
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:13 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Very Happy
The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Much, thank you.

MikeM696 wrote:
The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

Better?

Ha Ha Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 163 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2