Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Poverty in the UK

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:47 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
I’m on interest only but having now paid off my race debt, am debt free and able to pay off the last 50% of the equity before its due.

You need to be financially savvy for an interest only mortgage to be a good idea.

Sounds like you've got a plan and know what you're doing but for lots of people on BCF, it would all end in tears.

Confused
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:16 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Lost out? I bought a house jointly because it was the only way to afford one. Within 5 years we split up and I had to double the outstanding mortgage to buy her out.

It was still worth it though. I’m on interest only but having now paid off my race debt, am debt free and able to pay off the last 50% of the equity before its due.

No offence, but you’re looking for excuses to blame everyone but yourself for not getting on the housing ladder. Do it as soon as possible and learn to iron your own clothes and cook without mummy. Wink

You can’t even get your head around a TV licence fee not being optional. Adulthood is still a future experience for you by the sound of it.

Maybe you’re younger than I think?

Well you called me middle-aged before so yes I am younger than you think Wink

Remind me again at what point on this graph did you (originally) buy?
https://www.moneywise.co.uk/sites/default/files/ifs-millennial-housing-graph-web.png

...and how long in total until it's paid off?

You can't get your head around why it's moronic to fund an organisation you seem to detest and constantly moan about. Do what Ste does and get a constant supply of free toilet paper.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:19 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's at it again with the bullshit, isn't he?

Laughing Point him to the TVL website where it says you don't need a licence, and the scenarios. Wink
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:20 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
With interest only, you get interest on your private savings to pay off the repayment

Most people don't think that far ahead.

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-releases/fca-urges-action-on-interest-only-mortgages

That's from January but looking on Google News shows plenty of stories where that's happened.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:22 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donk brings up the TV licence in this very thread. I reply to it, and it's off topic. Laughable. Bit like where your genitals should be, soft lad.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:34 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
If you want to carry on living with mummy fill your boots, but stop pretending it’s everyone else’s fault that you can’t buy your own place.

Why don't you want to answer simple questions if you've Alan Sugar'd your mortgage company?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:39 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Sorry but you’re arguing that people are too stupid to realise they need to pay off a mortgage.

I can categorically say i’m Brighter than that, no matter how I come across on here.

One of my biggest irritations about modern life is how people blame everyone but themselves for their own stupidity. I’m fully aware of how much I now have to save every month to pay off the last 50% of the equity in 12 years. Now my debt is cleared, it’s already under way.

Lots are people are really stupid and would see an interest only mortgage as a cheap mortgage where paying off the capital is something to worry about in the future.

The FCA also say that lots of people are too stupid to realise that they need to pay off a mortgage.

Anyway, like I said, it sounds like you've got a plan and know what you're doing. Quite a lot of BCFers would be in the group of people who don't make any plans for how they're going to pay off the capital.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:15 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That has to be the most expensive mortgage in history Laughing What was the original purchase price again?

EDIT: I just checked... Laughing Laughing Laughing

How much would will it have cost you in total when it's paid off? Confused

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:28 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I perfectly understand what an interest free mortgage is, I would never have trusted myself to save enough to pay off the capital.

I never trusted those endowment mortgages either although some people told me they worked out OK for them.

Just a straight repayment one for me and once the last payment went out I was safe. Dance!

That of course is as long as wifey doesn't get the wandering eye and try and divorce me. I don't think she will though cause I told her she'd end up under the decking if she tried that. Thumbs Up

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:23 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
That of course is as long as wifey doesn't get the wandering eye and try and divorce me. I don't think she will though cause I told her she'd end up under the decking if she tried that. Thumbs Up

You old smoothy... Wub
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

Laughing Point him to the TVL website where it says you don't need a licence, and the scenarios. Wink

Why would anyone follow the BBCs rules though? Even the BBC doesn't follow its own rules! Taking bribes from the EU and only representing the left wing people in the country in its programming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I have zero intention of breeding. The home owner thing is so when you've paid it off you can enjoy life a little more, without the massive outgoing of rent, a mortgage whilst a scary commitment is massively cheaper than renting. Obviously successive governments have already realised this, having people paying the lion share of their salary on rent, and working 'til the day they day is great for tax revenues, and landlords pockets (obviously politicians have no vested interest in this Wink).

Unless you get hit by a bus at 50 in which case you lose.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mpg - how do you know that I am white?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Mpg - how do you know that? I am white

Admission Wink Laughing

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

Why would anyone follow the BBCs rules though? Even the BBC doesn't follow its own rules! Taking bribes from the EU and only representing the left wing people in the country in its programming.

Apparently Donk does, in that you certainly must, most definitely had to have a tv licence. Except when you don't, written on the same page he's running his mouth from.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:39 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
M.C wrote:
That has to be the most expensive mortgage in history Laughing What was the original purchase price again?

EDIT: I just checked... Laughing Laughing Laughing

How much would will it have cost you in total when it's paid off? Confused

Oh Christ, you're at it again. Remind me how you found out where I live and how much I paid for my house almost 20 years ago?

You two really should get a life. Preferably one where you don't still live with your Mum as an adult, you creepy manchild. Rolling Eyes

Because you posted your own personal details online? Eh? Past sale prices are freely available. Maybe you shouldn't make statements your own life experience refutes Laughing

Go on then answer the question, how much would this 70k house have cost you in total if when it's paid off?

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
M.C wrote:

I have zero intention of breeding. The home owner thing is so when you've paid it off you can enjoy life a little more, without the massive outgoing of rent, a mortgage whilst a scary commitment is massively cheaper than renting. Obviously successive governments have already realised this, having people paying the lion share of their salary on rent, and working 'til the day they day is great for tax revenues, and landlords pockets (obviously politicians have no vested interest in this Wink).

Unless you get hit by a bus at 50 in which case you lose.

Depends. Someone on here said they paid off their mortgage in their 30s, I said that to a friend who's 26 and could (if he overpaid) pay off his mortgage in 10-15 years.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:08 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
M.C wrote:

Because you posted your own personal details online? Eh? Past sale prices are freely available. Maybe you shouldn't make statements your own life experience refutes Laughing

That's a bare faced lie though isn't it? All I posted was the name of my company, not expecting you and the Yappy one to be sad enough to use it to research my entire life with, gathering info on who I married over 15 years ago, when I got divorced, to which house I bought and how much I paid 20 years ago.

That's stalking, no matter how much you try to pretend it's not. Then choosing to release snippets about me online as a billy big bollocks form of Internet bullying, is doxxing and a cowardly form, when the two of you do it from a position of anonymity for safety reasons.

How do you think this sort of behaviour makes you both look to grown adults?

You're the one who said you were married, that you had to re-mortgage, posted your full name and company details online.

You also miss the point that other people have links to their businesses on this forum and don't get doxxed, partly because they don't go around antagonising people.

Who's trying to blame everyone else now Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 162 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14