Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lovely London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:24 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: Lovely London Reply with quote

I could (probably) put this in black lives matter but because the police are being tight lipped on descriptions it could be another group.

Police believe quadruple stabbing and shooting are linked - really? Rolling Eyes

https://home.bt.com/news/latest-news/police-believe-quadruple-stabbing-and-shooting-are-linked-11364311493530

I'm so pleased I don't have to work in Londonistan anymore. However I'm sure Khan has got a plan to divert attention to a Trump balloon or something, anything, rather than take responsibility.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to enjoy coming to London-town many years ago. Had a mate lived off the North-Circular and many happy weekends were spent watching bands in Camden and Islington. I wouldn't dream of visiting the place out of choice now though, as it truly is the unwiped arsehole of our otherwise great nation...
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poverty, lack of street-cleaning and gangs of youths thinking they are something out of south-central LA.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:30 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:35 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: Re: Lovely London Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I could (probably) put this in black lives matter but because the police are being tight lipped on descriptions it could be another group.

'Detectives from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command are appealing for information following a shooting in Enfield.'

Also...
'On Monday, Mayor of London Sadiq Khan is expected to announce a large amount of funding for youth projects across the capital in an effort to steer vulnerable youngsters away from crime.'

This is why a) things are getting worse and b) things won't be getting better anytime soon. They aren't forced into crime, it's an aspiration. If the culture changes which although influences young white and asian lads too, mainly seems to appeal to young black men, then things will change. Until then you can throw as much money at the problem as you want, it won't make a real difference.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poverty - yes, it is a poor place for ordinary people. There are opportunities for work however which is why it attracts immigrants. Always has done, like most cities.

Street cleaning - I take it you have never lived outside the south-east so know no better? I'm not suggesting for a second that there is a north-south divide when it comes to rubbish, but London-town really is messy.

Gangs of youths - yes, black, white, yellow, brown, whatever.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC I do think it is all about aspiration. Give a kid a chance of a job and not getting stabbed or bummed in the showers, and chances are he will take it.

This requires intervention in the market, something that needs money and a brave Government....

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:12 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
MC I do think it is all about aspiration. Give a kid a chance of a job and not getting stabbed or bummed in the showers, and chances are he will take it.

This requires intervention in the market, something that needs money and a brave Government....

I am speaking from decades of experience here Smile

Blair did invest in inner-city schools (the only good thing he did), they've improved massively, yet it hasn't improved the stabby stabby issue. Similarly they invested in some sink estates, that was actually Major who was anti-council estate, in that he saw the issues they created, but it was a bit of a lottery as to which got the funding and improved.

London is a little unique in that you have insane competition for jobs, no one feels education = a good job = a way out, and when I look at the alumni of my old school, it's all footballers and musicians Confused The truth is, which I wish someone would have told me when I was younger, being honest > going to school > getting a (likely shit) job = staying poor.

I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with this Thinking I guess you have two options. The legit way which equals going nowhere, or the non-legit way which involves bringing down your neighbourhood, and ending up dead or in prison (which might be a preferable outcome).

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were a simple fix, we wouldn't have the problems...

I worked on SRB schemes for a few years in northern towns, and the biggest problem I encountered was corruption. Not staff (with one notable exception, sexual favours for grants etc...), but the communities with their plethora of ficticious building companies and 'advisors' playing one side off against the other. We knew what was going on but because of the way funding was structured, ie. anything you didn't spend you lost for the following year, we couldn't do anything about it.

I became self-employed after a few years of that nonsense.

So if the legit way equals poor and the bandit way equals a few quid then you die, I am surprised anybody lives in London full stop.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:39 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
If it were a simple fix, we wouldn't have the problems...

I worked on SRB schemes for a few years in northern towns, and the biggest problem I encountered was corruption. Not staff (with one notable exception, sexual favours for grants etc...), but the communities with their plethora of ficticious building companies and 'advisors' playing one side off against the other. We knew what was going on but because of the way funding was structured, ie. anything you didn't spend you lost for the following year, we couldn't do anything about it.

I became self-employed after a few years of that nonsense.

So if the legit way equals poor and the bandit way equals a few quid then you die, I am surprised anybody lives in London full stop.

It's the same here, any funding that's meant to help people gets hoovered up by corrupt individuals. I'm surprised anyone chooses to move to London, but lets be honest it isn't outsiders, it's people born here (the UK & London) that are going stabby stabby.

That's what genuinely baffles me about particularly Blair, why would you invest so much in schools etc. and then price people out of having somewhere to live. It's economic entrapment which although started with Thatcher, was accelerated by Blair Neutral
Jewlio Rides Again LLB This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

It's full of irritating, melodramatic southern cunts like you?

You just like seeing black people getting murdered don't you?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:41 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather see one particular clown on here cop for it from an ethnically challenged friend, at least then the soft cunt would have a reason for all his poison.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 27 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Source?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 27 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/27/cyclist-filmed-pulling-zombie-knife-smashing-car-window-terrifying/

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 27 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

She said he was suffering from the traumatic effects of being 'kidnapped' and made to sell drugs for 10 days to pay off somebody else's debt. Nothing to do with being a victim of society.

He got a suspended sentence. He is truly a piece of work and we would all be better off without him. I'm sure it won't be long before he reoffends and gets locked up however.

I have to agree with Mpg here in that he should have been sent down. Where I have to disagree with the oracle is in his assumption that he wasn't because the Judge is of Indian heritage, and some form of 'box-ticking' took place. Where is the evidence of that?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:24 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the school kid he robbed?

Gardner was in breach of a youth rehabilitation order for an attempted robbery at the time of the attack, she said.
Judge Dhir said: "The facts of that offence are that you approached a schoolboy, you demanded his phone and money and you had with you at the time a pocket knife."

No traumatic effects for him then? I can 100% guarantee he won't take his second third chance and will be at it again. Sorry it boils my piss that people like this are routinely left off, to the detriment of others and the community.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:37 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
What about the school kid he robbed?

Gardner was in breach of a youth rehabilitation order for an attempted robbery at the time of the attack, she said.
Judge Dhir said: "The facts of that offence are that you approached a schoolboy, you demanded his phone and money and you had with you at the time a pocket knife."

No traumatic effects for him then? I can 100% guarantee he won't take his second third chance and will be at it again. Sorry it boils my piss that people like this are routinely left off, to the detriment of others and the community.

Totally agree.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Oh! This the one Donk said was gang related?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:44 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

Wait what... is it not? Or does everyone get kidnapped at gun point to work off their mates drug debt, then just so happens to try and kill someone else shortly afterwards Confused
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 122 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33