Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lovely London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:40 - 02 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another Oppression Olympics if you ask me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:28 - 02 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khan threw her under the bus to deflect from London turning to absolute shit under his watch (obviously it was pretty shit to begin with).

Last edited by M.C on 16:34 - 02 Sep 2022; edited 1 time in total

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 02 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Dick being a soft cvnt?

That one

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1664518/london-stabbing-100-men-with-machetes-tower-hamlets-bow-metropolitan-police

Niceeee.

"An incident involving serious violence has taken place in the Lichfield Road E3 area after a call to over 100 persons armed with 'machetes'.

So that's 100 pieces of cultural enrichment.

Link is worth it just for the clip of PC Khan speaking about cutting knife crime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:29 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadiq Khan't do anything about violence in the capital.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:05 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Sadiq Khan't do anything about violence in the capital.

Didn't he say it's just part and parcel of city life?
Has he never heard of Rudy Giuliani?
Still, I suppose London's problems are different to those New York had when Giuliani became mayor. Khan probably compares London to places like Kabul, by which measure it probably isn't so bad.
How long before Londoners are openly toting AK47s? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:50 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

It was about terrorism: London mayor says being prepared for terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city.

chickenstrip wrote:
Has he never heard of Rudy Giuliani?
Still, I suppose London's problems are different to those New York had when Giuliani became mayor. Khan probably compares London to places like Kabul, by which measure it probably isn't so bad.
How long before Londoners are openly toting AK47s? Laughing

Crime rates in London like New York are driven by the black community, Asians don't actually commit anymore crime than you would expect for their percentage of the population.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:56 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11178701/Moment-mob-armed-makeshift-weapons-brawl-street-protest-held-near-Eritrean-Embassy.html

Mostly peaceful protests, says The Standard.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:45 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Crime rates in London like New York are driven by the black community, Asians don't actually commit anymore crime than you would expect for their percentage of the population.

Blimey who'd have thought so many black people were business owners https://www.gq.com/story/wage-theft

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
M.C wrote:

Blimey who'd have thought so many black people were business owners https://www.gq.com/story/wage-theft

Even less revelvant than the last time you posted that link. I'll leave my reply from then as well...

M.C wrote:
drawing a spurious comparison in order to try and distract from, and justify the behaviour of diversities is a common shitlib tactic.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:48 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

It was about terrorism: London mayor says being prepared for terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city.

Perhaps he is comparing it to Kabul then, in which case London doesn't seem so bad Laughing

Quote:
Asians don't actually commit anymore crime than you would expect for their percentage of the population.

Are you sure it's not just different types of crime? Grooming gangs? That seems to be prevalent all over the country, wherever there are large Asian Pakistani populations.
Also, there seems to be great sensitivity by the police in looking too closely at certain parts of the Asian population, so one wonders how much they actually know about or record.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Laughing

I don't find it amusing that someone 400 miles away is trying to deflect from the issues on my doorstep...

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:
Asians don't actually commit anymore crime than you would expect for their percentage of the population.

Are you sure it's not just different types of crime? Grooming gangs? That seems to be prevalent all over the country, wherever there are large Asian Pakistani populations.
Also, there seems to be great sensitivity by the police in looking too closely at certain parts of the Asian population, so one wonders how much they actually know about or record.

Specifically the issues you associate with London; muggings, stabbings, murders, but it's fair to say different groups have different issues.

I've not heard a huge amount about grooming gangs down this way? I'm not sure why, I know percentage wise we have a much larger Bangladeshi rather than Pakistani community (all the Asians I've known have been Bangladeshi).

For example in East London cos of all the Curry houses (8 in 10 'Indian resturants' in the UK are run by Bangladeshis) you get a lot; 32% Bangladeshi and 1% Pakistani, when by comparison Bradford is 20% Pakistani <2% Bangladeshi*.

*at the 2011 census

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:04 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be tied in with... Shifty Islam? Shifty Shhh!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:10 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I've not heard a huge amount about grooming gangs down this way? I'm not sure why, I know percentage wise we have a much larger Bangladeshi rather than Pakistani community (all the Asians I've known have been Bangladeshi).

Or the 'musn't upset the ethnics and get called racist' culture is even more entrenched in London than it was in Rotherham et al where that was a major reason for not doing anything according to the report.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:25 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62798871

InB4 Police Brutality.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Bangladeshis are mainly Muslim as well (all the ones I've known have been).
- Bangladesh - 91% Muslim
- Pakistan - 96% Muslim
- India - 14% Muslim

Polarbear wrote:
Or the 'musn't upset the ethnics and get called racist' culture is even more entrenched in London than it was in Rotherham et al where that was a major reason for not doing anything according to the report.

Flippant response; there's no white girls in London to rape Wink

I think it's more London hasn't been taken over (by 'them') in the same way Northern towns have*. You do still hear about the odd case though: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/london-grooming-gang-new-exposed-found-police-warning-children-abuse-girls-uk-newham-stratford-a8099346.html

*Savile Town is perhaps most famous for its role in the British Muslim community, and has experienced significant white flight, with the 2011 census recording a 93% Asian Muslim population and experiencing significant economic decline.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

- Pakistan - 96% Muslim
- India - 14% Muslim

National culture then? A more fundamental form of Islam?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:14 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:

- Pakistan - 96% Muslim
- India - 14% Muslim

National culture then? A more fundamental form of Islam?

I know both are majority Sunni, not sure about 'schools' and that's way beyond my level of understanding. You'd have to ask a Bangladeshi or Pakistani but I'm not sure they'd like the convo.

In terms of culture I thought men from the Indian sub-continent generally had a reputation for being a bit...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4c/1e/86/4c1e8626976f1e6ec78423d5570bef04.jpg

Laughing

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62798871

InB4 Police Brutality.

Jackpot Rolling Eyes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62810454

Quote:
A man shot dead by police after a chase in south London has been named locally as 23-year-old rapper Chris Kaba.

Rapper - oh here we go, just a good boy dindunuffin incoming.

Quote:
Kim Alleyne, 49, whose daughter Karima Waite was engaged to Mr Kaba, said he had been due to become a father.

She said: "He was so loved. He was so funny. He was super-kind. Crazy. He was always happy. He'd do anything for you."

Surprise.... Yes, it's another copper after black rappers and just pop-poppin'.

Quote:
Ms Swaby, a pastor at New Park Road Baptist Church, told the BBC she felt "physically sick" learning about the death of Mr Kaba.

She said: "He was a young person in the community, obviously a talented rapper.

"He had a young family on the way and it just feels like his life has been cut short for no reason... I think something needs to be done to hold police to account."

I think the holding to account bit is all just part of the process. Strangely enough, normal people aren't gettting TPAC'd by the rozzers and shot whilst the chopper circles. Something tells me there might be something more to it.

What we really need is a solid response from someone with some authority, to calm things down, before tensions rise. Surely we can count on the local MP?

Quote:
Bell Ribeiro-Addy, MP for Streatham, said tensions were rising in the area following the shooting and called for police to release more information about what happened.

"People are drawing their own conclusions," the Labour politician said.

"They're looking back at what happened with Mark Duggan, looking back to 2011, and again looking back at the time when we don't get the information that we need about an incident on the basis that it's being investigated."

Yeah, good one mate, more fuel to the fire Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Mr Kaba's cousin Jefferson Bosela, 27, described the rapper as a "loving, good person".

Speaking to the BBC, he said: "I've put it out there he wasn't perfect… but regardless of that nobody deserves to be killed by the police unless there is an imminent or direct threat to the public, which at that moment in time, from what I'm hearing, he was not."

I wonder how that statement will age.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/crime/man-19-charged-with-canning-town-shooting-3155994

Quote:

Police were investigating reports of shots being fired in Butchers Road at around 3.25am on December 30.

Chris Kaba, a 19-year-old from Sydenham, south London, was charged on Sunday with possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.

Quote:
Speaking to the BBC, he said: "I've put it out there he wasn't perfect…

Aged well, didn't it Rolling Eyes

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are usually described in terms of their job. Does ‘rapping’ pay the bills or is it a hobby?

When you read these stories you can’t help thinking that black aspirations are solely about being ‘artists’ of some sort, and if ordinary graft isn’t attractive and paternal guidance is lacking what’s left is social welfare or crime, or both.

I thought it was ironic that the black youths looting London shops recently were shown raiding Asian shops. BAME solidarity doesn’t exist. The movement is all about the entitlement of blacks and is an appropriation of the African-American experience.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Quote:
Bell Ribeiro-Addy, MP for Streatham, said tensions were rising in the area following the shooting and called for police to release more information about what happened.

"People are drawing their own conclusions," the Labour politician said.

"They're looking back at what happened with Mark Duggan, looking back to 2011, and again looking back at the time when we don't get the information that we need about an incident on the basis that it's being investigated."

Is it still rioting season?

Yeah, good one mate, more fuel to the fire Rolling Eyes

arry wrote:
Quote:
Mr Kaba's cousin Jefferson Bosela, 27, described the rapper as a "loving, good person".

Speaking to the BBC, he said: "I've put it out there he wasn't perfect… but regardless of that nobody deserves to be killed by the police unless there is an imminent or direct threat to the public, which at that moment in time, from what I'm hearing, he was not."

Do the actual circumstances ever matter?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
People are usually described in terms of their job. Does ‘rapping’ pay the bills or is it a hobby?

When you don't want to tell people you're basically doing nothing, so you say writer, rapper, poet etc.. One or two maybe actually are earning a living off such a vocation.

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I thought it was ironic that the black youths looting London shops recently were shown raiding Asian shops. BAME solidarity doesn’t exist.

Different groups generally don't get on, but on top of that they resent them for being business owners, same in other parts with Turks, or the stereotypical Korean store owner in LA.

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
The movement is all about the entitlement of blacks and is an appropriation of the African-American experience.

^100% this.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:30 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, I got TPAced about 15 years ago on the flyover in Bristoil.

I had a dreadlocked mohican at the time and had just come out of St. Werbergs/St. Pauls area, but the police fucked up really badly.

As it happened I had a load of kids along with a fellow mentor for the charitable concern where I was doing voluntary work at the time in the car and we'd just left the climbing centre in St. Werbergs.

On the plus side I got to prove to the kids that, despite how cuntly the police can be, you don't have to lose your rag or get nicked by them and when they realise they are wrong they;ll just let you on your way.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 231 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 29 of 33