Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lovely London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:42 - 15 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:
Well she spent years 'fighting' antisemitism (in the Labour party etc..) despite claiming not to be Jewish, then went oh actually I am.

Defending something you pretend not to adhere to, never seen that before Thinking

I could forgive her an awful lot... Laughing

I hate to break it to you but she's a full on shit... crazy as well. I saw an interview where she was talking about gender roles, and children toys and it was genuinely like listening to someone who's completely unhinged.

How is this the same lass doing the numbers on countdown...

I miss Carol Crying or Very sad

chickenstrip wrote:
The trouble with having a go at and picking apart everyone is you'll end up thinking you're the best there is. And that obviously ain't right Laughing

We seem to be (re-)entering a period of doctrine and zealotry, so it's more important than ever to question what's being said, and if it's untrue point it out.

The alternative is this right vs left battlefield that has manifested, where it seems to be a battle of doctrine, and the most fanatical side wins... we both know what side that is.

I don't see why it needs to be an ego thing either, hopefully you as in anyone learns from these discussions, although it does feel like most of the time people resort back to their viewpoint (even if it's been entirely discredited).

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:50 - 15 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
arry wrote:
She's Jewish isn't she?

And the relevance of that is?

Oh I dunno, in the context of her sharing a picture post with Hitler who looks like he's nutting?

It was a question really, that was all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:02 - 15 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I could forgive her an awful lot... Laughing

I hate to break it to you but she's a full on shit... crazy as well. I saw an interview where she was talking about gender roles, and children toys and it was genuinely like listening to someone who's completely unhinged.

M.C, the bringer of bad news Sad
Can I fuck her if I gag her first? I might even be up for necrophilia if she's not too cold Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Last edited by chickenstrip on 20:05 - 15 Sep 2022; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 15 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Oh I dunno, in the context of her sharing a picture post with Hitler who looks like he's nutting?

That's a deep philosophical question... if Hitler was alive would he find Rachel Riley attractive?

What about Gal Gadot?

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:

M.C, the bringer of bad news Sad
Can I fuck her if I gag her first?

It's your fantasy Wink

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 08:39 - 16 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two police officers stabbed in central London https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62924954

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:24 - 18 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithy wrote:
Two police officers stabbed in central London https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62924954

Who'd have thought...

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:11 - 18 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

that second copper was brave, tbf

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 19 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
Keithy wrote:

Who'd have thought...

Any word on why he went all stabby or does it not matter nowadays?

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 19 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Rahman has also been charged with robbery. The word on the street is that the cops just happened upon him whilst he was relieving people of their possessions.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:08 - 19 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
M.C wrote:

Rahman has also been charged with robbery. The word on the street is that the cops just happened upon him whilst he was relieving people of their possessions.

Strange that he went full GTA.

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:52 - 13 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picking up the kids from school…

https://apple.news/A-hpUTaXRQOGqpFXJRFMguQ

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:50 - 13 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi, I 'ave not got any Apple-reading technology, you knobber. Laughing
'Ave you got anuvver link wot I can look at instead, fella?

https://images.ladbible.com/resize?type=webp&quality=70&width=648&fit=pad&dpr=1&url=https://www.unilad.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Snatch-Vinnie-Jones.jpg

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:38 - 18 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IFuhKENWm8

Seems to be getting more brazen, and more common.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 19 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IFuhKENWm8

Seems to be getting more brazen, and more common.

I'm reminded of at the low-end corner shops with signs like "no more than 2 school children" and at the other jewellers with security staff and doors controlled from behind the counter.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:06 - 19 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading an article about a branch of Wal-Green in the states that has everything under lock and key requiring a
staff member to open the cabinet so you can get your product. The only product on open display on the shelves is.....

Wait for it......

Sunscreen. Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:21 - 19 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I was reading an article about a branch of Wal-Green in the states that has everything under lock and key requiring a
staff member to open the cabinet so you can get your product.

That could be anywhere in California because in CA, stealing items which are worth less than $950 is considered a misdemeanor. Laughing

Ah yes, it's San Francisco.

https://i.redd.it/92zl03sie7t81.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:43 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
grr666 wrote:
staff member to open the cabinet so you can get your product.

That could be anywhere in California because in CA, stealing items which are worth less than $950 is considered a misdemeanor. Laughing

Ah yes, it's San Francisco.

https://i.redd.it/92zl03sie7t81.jpg

Fucking depressing. "Leader of the Free World!" Shocked

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:32 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Easy fix, Price everything up at $951 with discounts applied at the till awarded for actually paying for things.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:06 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Easy fix, Price everything up at $951 with discounts applied at the till awarded for actually paying for things.

But then people would have to deduct the 950 from the price to understand how much it would cost them and maths is racist.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:44 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easiest fix is to close the stores.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:08 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weve been here before in anothet thread. Wallgreens was the site of the wallgreen bike bandit video which went viral. But it sparked a debate about physical property crime getting more publicity than corporate paper crime even though the monetary value of the theft committed by corporations on their employees exceeded the value of physical goods theft.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/15/walgreens-closures-san-francisco-crime-debate

https://www.epi.org/publication/wage-theft-2021/

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:34 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike bandit video is nothing, that was just one guy with a bin bag.

“For the most egregious, there has to be consequences. People have to know they can’t walk into the store with a garbage bag,”

Luckily people have learnt from that and make use of the shopping trolleys. When people can fill up a trolley and just walk out unchallenged, that's not sustainable and the shops are going to close.

Someone quoted in that Guardian article talking about how annoying it is to have to get everything unlocked by staff then goes on to say "she doesn’t judge those who shoplift from the store out of necessity. “I understand tough times, don’t judge anybody. Do what you gotta do to feed your family.”

They're not doing it to feed their families, it's not single mums stealing staple foods and other such essentials, it's organised crime groups targeting shops who're easy pickings.

Ribenapigeon wrote:

That's not about Walgreens or San Francisco. Wink

Nobody wants to run a shop when huge amounts of goods are being stolen and it doesn't matter how valuable the shop is to the local community.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:43 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Easiest fix is to close the stores.

Then it would be called a racially motivated 'food desert', the mental gymnastics here are Olympic level. God forbid
that certain people could show enough restraint to not thieve constantly so the shops and staff could just go
about their day without confrontation and threat of robbery. Happens here too.

There was a mid sized branch of the CO-OP in Gloucester Road in Bristol, one day I was passing and noticed everything
in store was orange stickered so went in for a little mooch around. Chose a few bits and pieces and went to the till to pay.
I asked why everything was reduced and the store manager told me they were closing because the shoplifting had
become so severe the shop couldn't make a profit anymore. Apparently nearby was a drug rehab place and it's patrons
would come in on a daily basis and help themselves, threatening violence and would frequently spit their nasty phlegm
at the staff. It remains closed to this day. A shame, I'm certain many relied on that local shop and used it legitimately but
as usual a few spoiled things for many.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Bike bandit video is nothing, that was just one guy with a bin bag.

“For the most egregious, there has to be consequences. People have to know they can’t walk into the store with a garbage bag,”

Luckily people have learnt from that and make use of the shopping trolleys. When people can fill up a trolley and just walk out unchallenged, that's not sustainable and the shops are going to close.

Someone quoted in that Guardian article talking about how annoying it is to have to get everything unlocked by staff then goes on to say "she doesn’t judge those who shoplift from the store out of necessity. “I understand tough times, don’t judge anybody. Do what you gotta do to feed your family.”

They're not doing it to feed their families, it's not single mums stealing staple foods and other such essentials, it's organised crime groups targeting shops who're easy pickings.

Ribenapigeon wrote:

That's not about Walgreens or San Francisco. Wink

Nobody wants to run a shop when huge amounts of goods are being stolen and it doesn't matter how valuable the shop is to the local community.

As i said weve been here before but i couldn't be arsed trawling through bcf back posts.

Theft is bad, end of. But there's many ways to commit crime. I heard once some philosopher said "all crime is theft", when you think about it that makes sense, theft of physical goods, theft of money, theft of dignity, the taking of domain.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:14 - 20 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

as usual a few spoiled things for many.

Is that a sideways dig at the little bunch of people who made Truss the prime minister? Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 161 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33