Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Water Supplier dodgy billing

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 21 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one first question: Are you actually paying two normal sized standing charges? One for each company or were they small standing charges that work out to what a normal one is?
Just asking in case you missed it and they're trying that on too.

I see the issue as almost identical to the TV licence fee if you pay per fortnight. Once the initial bill is paid for (takes 6 months) then you have a clear 6 months with no payment needed until the next bill is due. (I refuse to pay up front for the future TV licence)
What I'm saying is it sounds like your overly complicated water firm are trying the same? Could well be why they're doing it in such a complicated way..

Just to add for everyone reading: I have a water meter now. It was free to get. My estimated bill by my water supplier was literally cut by two thirds - if you don't use a heap of water you will save money by getting a meter.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:40 - 21 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we paid annual water bill. We got a bill in Feb which set out the monthly charges for the 8 months that we paid over.

So in effect you started in arrears, but finished after in 8 months fully paid up. If you moved after the 8 month. You got a refund Smile

Now we have a water meter, and it is so much cheaper.

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 21 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent half an hour on the phone with Yorkshire Water today, asking why I’d paid everything for the year, which should have zeroed the credit/debit on my account, but I’m now £116 in debit.
Many explanations of bills, many charge this, charge that, this how it works sir.
Half an hour for them to tell me my usage has doubled and they think there’s a leak, then 40 seconds for me to track down the offending toilet. It’s an extra 6000 litres of water per month they’re billing me for, so they’ll have somebody here as soon as possible. 20th of December.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:08 - 22 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's how shit works.
The systems were paid for by tax payers over the years with minimal investments to keep shit running or develope new modern systems.
Not we have to pay water companies to collect the money but not do much to improve or maintain the system we and out parents paid to have installed and maintained over 100 years ago.

Some places have too much demand for the water on hand. They try to send water from the lake district to some other place hundreds of miles away now which is complex and subject to failure if there is a drought.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:34 - 22 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The energy companies are the cnuts who invented Billing Subterfuge. I defy anyone to work out what they actually pay for gas and leckie.
The main point is that it never gets much cheaper no matter what it costs to find and produce.

There is some deal where one is not allowed to collect rain water and use it at home or you are only allowed to collect so much. Not enough to make a process plant viable.
It may be the same for energy generation.
If you take the bread out the mouths of our vital utility corprations/cartels They cry to the gov who then make rules to stop folk bypassing the bastirts. 😡

OFTWAT are probably chaired by the same pikeys who run the utility companies.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 22 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:

Now we have a water meter, and it is so much cheaper.

Same at my house, I'm saving a bundle and I'm paying monthly DD.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:09 - 24 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
MCN wrote:
The energy companies are the cnuts who invented Billing Subterfuge. I defy anyone to work out what they actually pay for gas and leckie.

You do come out with some white noise sometimes.

Which bit can't you grasp? My bill is pretty clear, there's a daily standing charge and level of energy used in KwH.

MCN wrote:
There is some deal where one is not allowed to collect rain water and use it at home or you are only allowed to collect so much. Not enough to make a process plant viable.

Bullshit. I know a bloke who runs a company which installs wells to little groups of houses out in the sticks, this requires no fee or licence. He also runs a mineral water company which extracts millions of litres a year. He pays a tiny fee to the environment agency or whoever per litre.

I collect over 1,000 litres of rainwater and use it to wash the cars with a submersible pump. it's clean water without chalk residue so doesn't smear the cars. I know others who store thousands of litres collected from the house rooves etc and store it in a tank under the lawn. It gets pumped at night up to tanks in the loft for all grey water taps.

Not using charged for tap water makes two savings, water in and reduces your water out charge when on a meter. A cubic metre, or 1,000 litres costs me over £5 by the time I've paid both water firms.

You constantly harp on about others and white noise.

You are the cunt who makes the most white noise on this forum.

You are Bodytard but I will leave my £5 to a charity of your choosing.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 27 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Bullshit. I know a bloke who runs a company which installs wells to little groups of houses out in the sticks, this requires no fee or licence.

It's not bullshit, for the simple reason that the bloke you know doesn't live in Scotland!
Given that I worked in the water industry in Scotland for 20 years, I know what MCN said is correct, in Scotland!

HTH.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:02 - 27 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many litres of rain are you allowed to collect?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:02 - 27 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://rainharvesting.co.uk/collecting-rainwater-illegal-uk-everything-need-know/

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:56 - 27 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

In England you may collect as much rainwater as you like, provided you are the landowner or have the landowner's permission. The Utilities have nothing to do with it. What you do with it is up to you as well.

If you want to drink your own rainwater, you can. But, you need to pay close attention to how it is stored and filtered because standing water attracts nasties. If you don't catch it directly, i.e. it runs along or under the ground to get to you, you may need it testing regularly to avoid contamination. Around our way, everybody on a private supply has it tested regularly by Environmental Health - not sure if this is a legal requirement, but it certainly makes sense as our hills are covered in sheep-shit etc.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:13 - 27 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
MCN wrote:
https://rainharvesting.co.uk/collecting-rainwater-illegal-uk-everything-need-know/

Did you actually bother reading your own link?

There's nothing there which says the collection of rainwater is illegal or limited in Scotland, unless you're now pretending not to be part of Britain.

Quote:
Scare stories like these from abroad may have planted seeds of doubt in the minds of UK citizens regarding the legality or otherwise of rainwater harvesting here in Britain. In fact, it is perfectly legal and actually encouraged by most water companies, especially in the drier south eastern counties where rainfall is significantly less than along the west coast.

Yes I did, you upturned umbrella full of spunk.

I'm not like you who just click-posts The Internet.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:19 - 27 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So errrrr, that deal where one is not allowed to collect rain water and use it at home or you are only allowed to collect so much?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:21 - 27 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
In England you may collect as much rainwater as you like, provided you are the landowner or have the landowner's permission. The Utilities have nothing to do with it. What you do with it is up to you as well.

If you want to drink your own rainwater, you can. But, you need to pay close attention to how it is stored and filtered because standing water attracts nasties. If you don't catch it directly, i.e. it runs along or under the ground to get to you, you may need it testing regularly to avoid contamination. Around our way, everybody on a private supply has it tested regularly by Environmental Health - not sure if this is a legal requirement, but it certainly makes sense as our hills are covered in sheep-shit etc.

There are regulations if connected to pubic supply.

I.E

https://www.google.kz/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.yorkshirewater.com/sites/default/files/yorkshire_water_water%2520reuse%2520v1_0.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi719K7ifXeAhUIhSwKHVtqCVcQFjAAegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1tHlipIM6eY9ymZP9XrMDx

Possibly planning permission to control those who fashion storage units that endanger buildings or general public too.
Common sense is uncommon.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 122 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2