Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Keeway RK125 Kick Start

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

DJMadness29
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:18 - 21 Nov 2018    Post subject: Keeway RK125 Kick Start Reply with quote

Good Evening All.

I'm new to the world of biking (got my CBT booked for saturday). I've bought a bike and am just trying to sort out a few issues with it.

I know Keeways arn't great but it was cheap and I'd rather fall off this cheap thing than a brand new Honda.

Anyway I've done as much research as I can on the Keeway RK125 but cannot find much. I've managed to find the correct front pads (Lexmoto Arrow i think) and replaced them.

The main issue I've got at the minute is the kickstart lever has snapped. It just about works but I'll have to put the lever in my bag so I'm looking to replace it. Are the RK, RKS, RKV etc all roughly the same parts?

Anyone know where I can get a kickstart handle that doesn't cost the earth?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 21 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any good?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&epid=1452338044&_ssn=vmp-motorcycle-parts&hash=item283f7e94b3%3Ag%3A2hYAAOSwPe9ZuUfn%3Ark%3A2%3Apf%3A0&item=172863952051&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xkick+start+.TRS0&_nkw=kick+start+&_sacat=0

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 23:43 - 21 Nov 2018    Post subject: Re: Keeway RK125 Kick Start Reply with quote

DJMadness29 wrote:
I know Keeways arn't great but it was cheap and I'd rather fall off this cheap thing than a brand new Honda.

Hurts just as much falling of an old chiteap, as it does a nice new shiney..... and an old cluncker with crap brakes and wobbly suspension and questionable tyres IS something you ARE rather more likely to fall off...... the 'trick' is to NOT fall off to begin with.....

DON'T take it as a give you WILL fall off... try not to! No need you should if you listen to lesson on CBT and beyond and keep some wits about you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:48 - 22 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with the electric start?
I bet the kickstart lever ( not handle) is common to many other 125 clones and easily sourced but you shouldn't need it.

BTW found a pic and the engine looks very much like a YBR clone to me
Got a 2011 YBR125 outside that I'm sorting out and it has many similarities.
bet a YBR lever would fit

DJMadness29
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:21 - 24 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted now thanks. Ordered one for a lexmoto arrow again as it looks the same. I had checked on ebay but was a bit confused with them.

Im not intending to fall off but thought it might happen over the winter.

Ive been trying to get a few bits sorted in work and have worn the battery out so the electric start isnt working at the minute. Got a feeling it might need a new battery. But should all good. Got through the cbt today so once my jacket turns up ill be away.

Thabks for your help

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:34 - 25 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJMadness29 wrote:
All sorted now thanks. Ordered one for a lexmoto arrow again as it looks the same. I had checked on ebay but was a bit confused with them.

Im not intending to fall off but thought it might happen over the winter.

Ive been trying to get a few bits sorted in work and have worn the battery out so the electric start isnt working at the minute. Got a feeling it might need a new battery. But should all good. Got through the cbt today so once my jacket turns up ill be away.

Thabks for your help

The battery is not the part to worry about when hammering an engine electric start.
The thing that normally suffers is the electric motor.
Almost all of the energy in the battery get directed through the starter motor which get very hot.
The heat burns the motor insulation and other stuff get damaged.
A starter should only be operated for about 30 seconds and then allowed to cool for a few seconds before the next attempt.
And after a minute or two all attempts should be avoided for at least five minutes to allow the motor to cool down.
It is a common fail caused by ignorance, abuse or desperation.

If it doesn't work when the battery is fully charged then a starter motor might be your next investment.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 153 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1