Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

At last, Police actually doing something right

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: At last, Police actually doing something right Reply with quote

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/gotcha-dramatic-footage-reveals-met-polices-new-hardline-war-on-londons-violent-moped-gangs-a3998141.html

great video

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike/moped thieves need to die, however that will stop this tactic from being used.
So we have to make do with what we have.
I’m glad this tactic is being allowed, I heard on the news that specifically/ specially trained officers will be doing this tactic, I hope that is true.
Personally, I don’t think this is something your average plod in a car should be allowed to do.

What I fear is dickhead gung-ho coppers thinking this gives them a licence to knock any biker off their bike that they need to stop or speak to.
How long till some over zealous pig tips an innocent off their bike?
What about bikers who have been speeding?, will they need to be knocked off their bikes?
Okay yes they’ve committed an offence, but it’s not theft or violent.

Maybe if the courts were significantly more harsh in sentencing these scum the first time they come before them, they’d be less inclined to re-offend.
For example first offence : hands and ankles will be broken Laughing .
Or on a serious note, first offence = no bail, immediately detained and a custodial sentence.

Last edited by pepperami on 14:56 - 23 Nov 2018; edited 1 time in total

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:56 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

What I fear is dickhead gung-ho coppers thinking this gives them a licence to knock any biker off their bike that they need to stop or speak to.

That's my concern, if the knock an innocent the powers would be taken away and back to square one...

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:05 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Bike/moped thieves need to die, however that will stop this tactic from being used.
So we have to make do with what we have.
I’m glad this tactic is being allowed, I heard on the news that specifically/ specially trained officers will be doing this tactic, I hope that is true.
Personally, I don’t think this is something your average plod in a car should be allowed to do.

What about bikers who have been speeding?, will they need to be knocked off their bikes?
Okay yes they’ve committed an offence, but it’s not theft or violent.

Maybe if the courts were significantly more harsh in sentencing these scum the first time they come before them, they’d be less inclined to re-offend.
For example first offence : hands and ankles will be broken Laughing .
Or on a serious note, first offence = no bail, immediately detained and a custodial sentence.

It's already the case that only Trained officers can Enter into a "pursuit" so I see no reason to doubt that the ramming squad will be likewise exclusive. I can't see an "innocent" biker getting rammed off unless they fail to stop for the 5-0 in which case that's on them.

choogh
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:50 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last!!!!
Show the little c*#nts what Grown ups can do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:03 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not worried about over zealous coppers. If you're flashed and you stop, fine. If you've been running for 5 minutes and riding like a dick, you must have something to hide so fair game to be knocked off IMHO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

choogh wrote:
At last!!!!

We're back to the point we were 5 years ago. Had that not stopped pursuing riders in the first place the bike crime epidemic wouldn't have happened.

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:27 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

What I fear is dickhead gung-ho coppers thinking this gives them a licence to knock any biker off their bike that they need to stop or speak to

None of the bikers in the video looked like regular Joe did they ?

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:34 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:06 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixed feelings tbh...

Well sure if the police do the normal stops first like flash them to pull over, but if a chase ensues ok its I feel a bit better...

I certainly wouldnt feel to happy though if i was riding through london and got knocked off by police in a case of mistaken identity or something... though im not on a scooter :p

I can see though innocent people getting knocked off... There was that one kid who puts his hands up in a WTF YOU DOING! kinda way... and that kinda made me feel... is that guy innocent?

The police dont always get it right... In fact they get it wrong... A LOT.

I was just reading this babes in the wood trial news article and it sinks. The defendant to me seems clearly being targeted by police... They couldnt get him one case back in the day so accused him of everything they could have since... even the Brighton bombing... (no really they accused him of that too)

I couldnt tell you if hes innocent or not.... but thats it. No one could the case was so dodgy and corrupted by the police that its a failed case. The cops even falsified evidence against him.... GAHHH *woozaaah*

So yeah mixed feelings. Do something about the crimes and the thefts please do... Ramming them off bikes might be a bit too far, but I certainly would prefer them to chase till they crash or hit a wall... than a innocent person knocked off and killed in a pre - pursuit hit.

I think what wound me up and most people before was the Police wouldnt do chases if the persons on a bike at all... thats when the police were inadequate at doing the job.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:52 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
I can see though innocent people getting knocked off... There was that one kid who puts his hands up in a WTF YOU DOING! kinda way... and that kinda made me feel... is that guy innocent?

Which one was that? I don't see it. But anyway, given that the Met have released the footage to the media I seriously doubt they would have selected any clip where there was the slightest misgiving about the guilt of the rider, do you?

Anyone who's being chased down and chooses not to stop - tough shit I'm afraid.

Last edited by Freddyfruitbat on 19:54 - 23 Nov 2018; edited 1 time in total

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:52 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Re: At last, Police actually doing something right Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/gotcha-dramatic-footage-reveals-met-polices-new-hardline-war-on-londons-violent-moped-gangs-a3998141.html

great video

I saw that this afternoon. Yes, it is extremely pleasing. The Graun has similar:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/nov/23/met-police-say-tough-tactics-have-reduced-violent-moped

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Re: At last, Police actually doing something right Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

"The Metropolitan police said there had been a 36% reduction in thefts that involved mopeds or scooters since the tactics were adopted last year" - how come this is the first we've heard of this policy, then? (sounds like the scrotes have been aware of it)

Serendipity
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then you get this sort of knee-jerk reaction:

...the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said it is investigating three cases involving "tactical contact" by Met police cars on scooters.

This is exactly the kind of witch hunt that stopped the Police taking decisive action originally, well that and the fact that there's only 7 officers left in London due to budget cuts.

If the watchdog takes a look and says "yup that was all proportional" fair enough, but if the officers get prosecuted for endangering lowlives who have the moral compass of a starved wolf, that would suck.

Greatly enjoyed the video though.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:52 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry Hicks.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:10 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serendipity wrote:
But then you get this sort of knee-jerk reaction

I don't think you can describe it as 'knee-jerk' if only 3 cases are being investigated sincer the policy started (Oct 2017 according to the Grauniad) - though would be interesting to know how many scrotes have been tipped off in total.

If the police are going to be using controversial tactics like this then it's right and proper that they should be fully accountable - look what even some other fellow bikers are saying up-thread about their misgivings.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:20 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing to see the riders jump straight back up after being knocked off....
Note to Police. TRY HARDER Laughing

Wonder how many of these were contacted by the leeches about claiming for non existent injuries...

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serendipity wrote:
But then you get this sort of knee-jerk reaction:

... the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said it is investigating three cases involving "tactical contact" by Met police cars on scooters ...

"Met Police Commander Amanda Pearson said "a lot of them [scooter riders] get up and run away and look aghast as if to say 'how dare we'".

She added: "It's a high impact tactic and"

Smile

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:40 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

[edit] repost Embarassed [/edit]

Met Police scooter crash video released as IOPC investigates

The Met Police has published footage of officers knocking suspected criminals off scooters, at the same time as the watchdog is investigating some crashes.

Videos released by the force show police cars being driven into riders.

The Met says it has cut scooter crime by 36% this year.

However, the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said it is investigating three cases involving "tactical contact" by Met police cars on scooters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46321720

Last edited by Ste on 22:40 - 23 Nov 2018; edited 1 time in total

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I would be against this for the reasons everyone has already said but it is so satisfying watching the scrotes go flying.

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:02 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was what bcf wanted, scrotes rammed off their bikes and arrested hopefully maimed.
Now it's happening everyones against it Confused

Ash-69
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:08 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everyone's against it -if it makes the little cunts think twice about nicking my gear then carry on chaps .......

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:33 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally saw this on the Daily Fail website, then on the BBC news channel... Oh how I laughed. Laughing

Thankfully I found it in the Standard...

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:35 - 23 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Henry Hicks.

I don't remember that case having the bearing the police claim it did. I recall Bernard Hogan-Howe (top pig) saying the police wouldn't pursue helmetless riders, which's when riders being pursued starting taking off their lids, which started this scooter theft mugging crime wave.

I don't see why bikes should be given any special treatment when it comes to pursuits. If you run you should run the risk of taking it up the arse from a piggy* Folded arms

*Ste don't Wink

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:32 - 24 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6422053/How-police-use-DNA-spray-catch-moped-criminals.html

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/23/16/6556350-6422053-Mohammad_Khaleghi_when_he_failed_to_stop_on_his_moped_in_Camden_-a-1_1542989201358.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 127 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5