Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Compulsory access to kids

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Compulsory access to kids Reply with quote

Right, let me first say I don't want this to turn into another Paki sex crime thread. It's the principle I am angry with.

According to the radio today, one of the Rotherham girls who was raped and got pregnant is being forced by Rotherham social services to allow her kid to be seen by the father, the bloke who raped her, despite the fact he is serving 35 years for child abuse.

She also said she cannot get her kid a passport or take him out of the country without the permission of the father, the rapist.

Pretty disgusting in my eyes and for Rotherham social services who failed her so badly in the past to force this on her is horrifying.

Will get a link when I find one but I heard it on the Jeremy Vine radio 2 programme just now.

Edit for links

https://news.sky.com/story/sammy-woodhouse-rotherham-rapist-arshid-hussain-told-he-could-see-victims-son-11565791

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/27/rapist-given-chance-see-victims-child-local-authority/

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:39 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just one side of the story.
Sure it's a vile thing to happen but most of this is simply procedural - a child has two parents and both, by law, have rights to the child. What's happening is he's simply named on legal documents.

There's a lot of angles to look at with this case - one being that she's unable to cope with her child. Obviously what happened in her past is haunting her and you'd expect social services to be supporting her and not heading down a particular route. Again though this could all be legal process and nothing more. I am watching closely though because it does raise some interesting stuff.

If the monster is inside then he simply cannot and will not be able to care for the child.

Edit:

Just re-read those and yes it's procedural stuff.

With the passport thing: I did just that myself! I took my ex wife to court for custody of our son many years ago and I won.
Long story short, my ex wife was showing signs of and making moves to take our son out of the UK and live in Spain. I slammed a little known law onto her secret scheme and stopped her in her tracks. It cost me nothing and was very easy to do. When it came to court reportings I was slated by the court reporting team (CAFCASS) for doing the ban on our son leaving the country but the magistrates saw my evidence and understood my reasons for doing so.

Last edited by Sister Sledge on 15:46 - 28 Nov 2018; edited 1 time in total

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:41 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this article this morning and I agree with you Polarbear. He shouldn't have any legal rights towards the child nor should his consent be required for anything because he is a rapist serving a 35 year sentence so cannot exercise any corresponding responsibility. The fact that he is the biological father should be an irrelevance given the circumstances, and the poor mother and child shouldn't have to consider him in anything they do.

I don't understand the legal position, but I suspect this is an example of laws designed to protect the rights of a father who wants to be involved in his kid's life, having an unintended negative impact.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:41 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Re: Compulsory access to kids Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Pretty disgusting in my eyes and for Rotherham social services who failed her so badly in the past to force this on her is horrifying.

Yes. It seems to have been a failing in Rothgerham Social Services, who should not have done what they did. Quite disgraceful.

Edit: It is said that they should have applied to the court for permission not to inform the father. A failure of the SS, not, it seems, the law.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all legal procedural stuff. As it stands the father, regardless of crime, still has equal rights to that child.

What I want and everyone else wants is him to have none but until anything legal has been written up and signed as so then this is how it is.
Yes it stinks and I reckon some 'improvements' to law need to be made and hopefully they will be.

My brain is wrecked or I'd be stating situations in child custody as to why the law stands as we see it today.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
The difference is most other cultures would be too ashamed and embarrassed to even consider asking for paternal rights.

Unfortunately his culture still think he's done no wrong.

He did not ask for "paternal rights".

There are a sub-cultures that are wrong. One such sub-culture is that of ignorance.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

She should go in to visit him and walk down the line telling all the other inmates being visited what he did. Hopefully there wouldn't be anyone to ask permission of soon after.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:24 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
She should go in to visit him and walk down the line telling all the other inmates being visited what he did.

Wow. What an interesting idea Smile Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:29 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it's in the news, won't the other inmates already know?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will... How how he is protected depends on the individual prison, but chances are he is on a 'nonce-wing' already rather than in the general population.

Here are some interesting facts. According to the Howard League for Penal reform, one in six male adult prisoners in this country are convicted sex-offenders. According to 'statistics', one in seven male adult prisoners in this country are Muslims, this despite the fact that in 2014 Muslims only represented 4.7% of the population of England and Wales.

What does this tell us? It tells us that our prisons are full of sex-offenders, and that adult Muslim males make up a disproportionately large percentage of our prison population.

Why is this relevant? It isn't, because I couldn't find any statistics to suggest that a disproportionate percentage of Muslim males are convicted sex-offenders, despite a higher percentage of them 'going through the system' than adult male WASPs.

Now, if one is to argue that it stands to reason to expect a higher percentage of Muslim sex-offenders in our prisons, then doesn't it also suggest that the plod are catching them and our courts are doing the job they are supposed to?

Just a thought, Mpg.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:14 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before mpd asks, what stats did you find about the demographic of those convicted sex offenders?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's the rub....

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
As it's in the news, won't the other inmates already know?

Yup. I shold not have said it was a good idea, anyway.

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 21:36 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Re: Compulsory access to kids Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

She also said she cannot get her kid a passport or take him out of the country without the permission /

Technically she can, legally no. Both my ex's have obtained passports without my permission for my kids.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
According to 'statistics', one in seven male adult prisoners in this country are Muslims, this despite the fact that in 2014 Muslims only represented 4.7% of the population of England and Wales.

What does this tell us?

According to David Lammy it tells us the white ones are let go and the dark ones are locked up. AFAIK the majority of sex offenders are white, but specifically when it comes to grooming gangs it's an Asian (not necessarily solely Muslim) problem.

Diggs wrote:
Now, if one is to argue that it stands to reason to expect a higher percentage of Muslim sex-offenders in our prisons, then doesn't it also suggest that the plod are catching them and our courts are doing the job they are supposed to?

The authorities have stated the issue has been going on for decades (in Rotherham and Telford for example) and the issue was being ignored Confused

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to a clip of her earlier on LBC and she's telling an awful lot of half truths to the media. That MP who's backing her and whatever legal team is in place will be having a tricky time with all the misinformation she's saying.
One example is that she claims the father (rapist) has no parental responsibility because they were never married. When she drops bits like that into the mix it weakens any support that might be out there for her.
She needs some sort of publicity team or her wishes will be wiped out quickly by the court system.

sensi5446
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:23 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Re: Compulsory access to kids Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

According to the radio today, one of the Rotherham girls who was raped and got pregnant is being forced by Rotherham social services to allow her kid to be seen by the father, the bloke who raped her, despite the fact he is serving 35 years for child abuse.

She also said she cannot get her kid a passport or take him out of the country without the permission of the father, the rapist.

I'd say its bollocks, there must be more to the story or the girl has a serious low IQ and other people are involved.

I know for a fact a mother can receive a passport for a child without the father permission and can take them out of the country whereas a dad has to ask permission or take it to court. I know this from my own experience.

I also know for a fact you can't force a mother to allow access to your child without a court order and parental rights, even with a court order and PR you would have to repeatedly go back to court to enforce visitation which cost a small fortune, even if the mother allows access she can stop it a week later and back to court you go. I know this from my own experience.

With forcing kid visits, the nonce(dad) is still viewed as the dad by the courts but mum can kick up a massive fuss about rapist/prison visits etc. And it would never happen.

I know this as my wife's best friends ex(twat) was done for robbing an old lady and got 2 years, at the time of sentencing she had just given birth and wanted nothing to do with him for the above reasons. He tried in court but failed to get her to bring the child to visit him. On release he went to court and forced supervised visits because he is the dad, after 2 visits he stopped showing up and visits got cancelled.

all of the above is over 10 years ago so things may have madly changed.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mountain and molehill spring to mind.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 04:46 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the 6th of September last year:

https://fullfact.org/crime/what-do-we-know-about-ethnicity-people-involved-sexual-offences-against-children/

tldr every study comes up with different answers and the data they're working from isn't complete enough to give an accurate answer.

(inb4 conspiracy theories)

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:32 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day I put a block on my ex-wife taking our son out of the country. It was a simple (free) process and was done around 16 years ago.
I've just checked and the rules have changed slightly - seems they've placed more hurdles in the way but it can still be done.

https://www.gov.uk/stop-child-passport

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:16 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The courts and gaols cannot do anything to prevent this.
A cure has to be started long before it gets this far along.
There are cultures that are toxic to 'modern' civilised society.
Religion is the fundamental driving force spreading this poison.
And it starts at birth, by design. Shocked

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
The courts and gaols cannot do anything to prevent this.

They can, and they do.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 143 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3