Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Compulsory access to kids

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:52 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
There are two separate issues here. Paedophilia and abuse.

If you are taking it purely on an underage thing then MPD is right, there are a lot of cultures that do not regard sex with what we would call minors as wrong. They are not paedophiles.

Here, paedophilia seems to be pre-pubescent children.

Re "underage", even in EU countries, it depends on where you live, and to some extent how old you are.

I looked it up on t'internet. There's proabably an alarm going off sommewhere....

When someone's opinion overrides the facts.

It's what religion was/is based on.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:56 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Bollocks, locking up criminals stops them offending.

Of course jail prevents crime. If you are in jail you can't commit crime (except against other criminals and I couldn't care less about them).

Pedos will offend because they have the urge to do so. The threat of prison won't stop them. Being in there will.

Take off that Stone Age head you are becoming attached to Polarbear.

They are only in jail coz they were caught.
They did not hand them selves in as a pledge of conscience.

I'm going slowly for you but you are jumping to the wrong conclusion.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:17 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
And why do you think they don’t want to get caught Einstein?
Could it be because they don’t want the punishment?

OK I never illustrated my point adequately.

If someone is going to commit a crime there are certain things they need to consider. Not in precise order.

Among the many things involved in the experience are:
Why they feel a need to commit the crime.
Where and when they will commit the crime.
What they will do to conceal the crime.

If they are caught during or after, what will be the punishment.
Though the punishment is not one of the priorities in the mind of someone about to commit a crime.

(Not a lot of societie's crimes are actually detected, investigated to conclusion and punished.)

The main point is to do everything possible to not get caught.

They can deal with the police and the courts and the prisons after. 'If they get caught.
Psychopaths and Sociopaths present a different set of 'values. They may not cer if they get caught.

Sure prison gets some criminals off the street but there are only marginally few people in jail who maybe should be or could be in jail.

It is something society tolerates to have some nutters at liberty.
We all seem to believe that the authorities, law enforcement and penal system is protecting us.

Einstein? How very dare you discredit the genius but if you think I merit the accolade Ma Bro, then I must accept.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

To correct something said earlier, paedophiles don't think what they do is wrong. That is part of what makes them a paedophile and why they are so hard to 'treat'. Talk to anybody in the Prison Service who has done the sex-offender's rehab course and they well tell you this.

A paedophile is somebody who is sexually attracted to children. The definition of a child differs from society to society, so to make things simple in legal terms we in the UK have chosen the 'cut-off' as 16. What this does in reality is include many physically developed 14 and 15 year olds who one could argue aren't children any more. Whilst they may have adult bodies, they don't have the emotional maturity of adults, so the law protects them at this vulnerable stage in their lives.

Like other sex-offenders, most paedophiles do what they do for gratification and the threat of a prison sentence does not deter. It may make them a bit more careful, but ultimately it doesn't prevent the crime.

Regarding religion and culture, some groups think that childhood ends earlier than others. This doesn't make it right, and sexual relationships with people under the age of 16 currently are illegal in this country. It wasn't always the way though, and anybody here with an opinion on the matter should read this:

https://www.historyandpolicy.org/policy-papers/papers/the-legacy-of-1885-girls-and-the-age-of-sexual-consent

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:32 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I have the tl;dr ver? Smile It's interesting looking at the age of consent globally: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent 'Nations with Islamic law tend to have lower ages' ...although I kinda see that more as an(nother) example of an incompatible culture than an excuse.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

European countries generally range from 14yrs to 16yrs.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:12 - 30 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
A pedo, to me is someone who can't control his urges, knows what he does is wrong but can't stop.

^^^Disagree^^^

MCN wrote:
It is not the punishment that is the deterrent.

^^^Disagree^^

MCN wrote:
Though the punishment is not one of the priorities in the mind of someone about to commit a crime.

^^^Disagree^^^

My estranged brother-in-law used to be a CID officer in Bradford.
As a junior officer he was tasked with interviewing an elderly individual who had been accused of kiddie-fiddling. He checked the suspect's previous and noticed that there had been a huge gap between his early offending and his recent misdemeanours. When asked about the gap in offending, the suspect said that the last judgement he had been sentenced for in his earlier kiddie-fiddling days included a term of imprisonment that should include Hard Labour.
After that particularly gruesome spell inside, he decided that he would never again be incarcerated and so moderated his behaviour.
He only chose to once again risk his luck once Hard Labour was abolished.
Figure that one!

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:40 - 30 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was lower down on the spectrum. Being a paedophile isn't black and white, just like all forms of sexuality. Some sit in rooms looking at computer screens and never touch a kid. Some sit on benches near playgrounds fiddling with themselves, and again never touch a kid. Their gratification involves sex with children by proxy.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:08 - 30 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:

MCN wrote:
It is not the punishment that is the deterrent.

^^^Disagree^^

MCN wrote:

^^^Disagree^^^

I don't mind if someone disagrees with my opinion but I was not posting my opinion.

There have been many studies on the whole deal of crime and punishment and evidence leads one to conclude that the chance of being caught is the bigger deterrent.

https://nij.gov/five-things/pages/deterrence.aspx

e.g. A supermarket or department store would be stripped within hours is it weren't for cctv and security watching the stock.
Stealing something from a shop is a minor crime and popular due to the fact that it is relatively easy to get away with it.
Providing that you avoid the countermeasures.

And although a true account of you in-laws experience it's not fair to Cherry pick the evidence.

I know folk who are 76 years old and smoke 20 fags a day. Is only a part of a statistic.
On average smoking leads to very premature death from one effect or another.
Ones genes has more to do with how long you live.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 120 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3