Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What sort of Brexit do you want?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

What type of Brexit do you want?
No Deal, properly leave.
66%
 66%  [ 41 ]
May's Leave in name only deal.
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Let the EU and establishment keep us in the EU
25%
 25%  [ 16 ]
Other. (Specify)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 62

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:35 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
No ''Norway model'' type of solution? I am surprised. Thinking

That would switch the ECJ to the EFTA courts holding sway over us.

We'd have to keep free movement of people and keep contributing money.

So not really Brexit.

I'm not sure who was it, but some woman from the UK gov. suggested this kind of ''deal''. Which, as I was saying several times before, would be a kick in the knob for all the Brexiters, as Norway is a ''addressee'' of all the EU regulation (regarding the EU policies), they also contribute quite a lot of money (as you've pointed out) and they have no say in any of the EU regulation/legislation. Norway does what EU says, no questions asked.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:40 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
No it really isn't.

So the origin or bias of an idea that is being challenged to which I'm countering the challenge is important to the validity or soundness of said idea or of the following:

mpd72 CPT wrote:
It's only meaningless to you because it doesn't backup the remain agenda, that all leave voters want a deal.

Me - Wrong, the fact you think it is representative of anything undermines the credibility of anything you say pure and simple but carry on, it's a good show.

MPD - It's at the top of the page pal. I know you won't accept it because it doesn't agree with your infallible agenda and proves you wrong, but I seriously doubt this forum is that far from the public as a whole, that Remoan claims of 15% wanting no deal Brexit are actually 75%.
All the other polls on here regarding Brexit were almost spot on with how the vote went, so why does this one not hold water with you?

Me - A tiny forum poll where the respondents are predominantly hard brexiteers as they are the only ones still engaging in this BS here is representative of a whole swathe of voters

Cos context?

Firstly if you want context you have to use the whole quote and not just bold something to infer something else which to be frank, I have still no idea what you are even getting at so do enlighten me?
If your knickers twisted cos I said this forum debate is BS, well it is lol. You do realise at this point these threads are probably considered a bit toxic to some on the forum who won't get involved anyway? Are you saying it is mainly remainers commentating? What are you saying?

Make an argument.

M.C wrote:
How is it? They've called the last 3 elections/referendums in this country wrong, which shows any sample's rubbish. Like those stupid averts on the TV, 90% of people agreed yadayada based on a sample of 89 people.

Once again bottom talk, no data and has sweet FA to do with the question I put your way. Did you understand the question or is your tactic to throw mud or muddy the waters? I'm wondering not at this point due to the first counter above I'm having to break down. It is ok if you do not want to answer the question you realise? And just for the kicks, your seemingly random arguments also seem to be throwing MPDs points under the bus which is pretty funny.

M.C wrote:
If I had to put money on it I'd say a remainer but I can't specifically remember.

Save your time but guess what, even if I was, it has no reflection on the validity or soundness of any argument I present.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:19 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:

So the origin or bias of an idea that is being challenged to which I'm countering the challenge is important to the validity or soundness of said idea or of the following:

For probably the only time in MPDs entire life he's involved in an argument he didn't start, it's important to acknowledge this fact Smile

Sload wrote:
M.C wrote:
How is it? They've called the last 3 elections/referendums in this country wrong, which shows any sample's rubbish. Like those stupid averts on the TV, 90% of people agreed yadayada based on a sample of 89 people.

Once again bottom talk, no data and has sweet FA to do with the question I put your way. Did you understand the question or is your tactic to throw mud or muddy the waters? I'm wondering not at this point due to the first counter above I'm having to break down. It is ok if you do not want to answer the question you realise? And just for the kicks, your seemingly random arguments also seem to be throwing MPDs points under the bus which is pretty funny.

What question am I not answering? I've said twice now using BCF as a sample's as good as any other BS sample. The data is out there, 2 elections, one referendum, and an election for the largest economy all called wrong. In case you haven't realised that's why the 'establishment' are scared, the peasant folk aren't predictable anymore.

Sload wrote:
M.C wrote:
If I had to put money on it I'd say a remainer but I can't specifically remember.

Save your time but guess what, even if I was, it has no reflection on the validity or soundness of any argument I present.

So my guess was correct? Smile

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
For probably the only time in MPDs entire life he's involved in an argument he didn't start, it's important to acknowledge this fact Smile

Ok I'll accept that, not that it changes anything, as long as you accept when you make claims, it's fair to challenge (as you in fact did to me).

M.C wrote:
I've said twice now using BCF as a sample's as good as any other BS sample. The data is out there, 2 elections, one referendum, and an election for the largest economy all called wrong.

I might disagree on the validity and value of polling but I'll accept that you are stating polls are wrong and you do not trust them, meaning you likely disagree with MPDs assertion as well to be fair. As I stated, I'm not really too bothered.

M.C wrote:
So my guess was correct? Smile

Not really, Ideologically I'm prolly still more civic nationalist, pragmatically I'm mixed and this is where I like to learn which moves my ideological framework. I asked to get a check on what I portray, which you did so thank you. Not my fault MPD sees reds under the bed everywhere.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Sload wrote:

mpd72 CPT wrote:
by the looks of it so do the vast majority.

Prove it then.

It's at the top of the page pal. I know you won't accept it because it doesn't agree with your infallible agenda and proves you wrong, but I seriously doubt this forum is that far from the public as a whole, that Remoan claims of 15% wanting no deal Brexit are actually 75%.

All the other polls on here regarding Brexit were almost spot on with how the vote went, so why does this one not hold water with you?

I wonder... Rolling Eyes

Which Party?
Conservative Party
41%
41% [ 42 ]
Labour Party
27%
27% [ 28 ]
Liberal Democrats
9%
9% [ 10 ]
UK Independence Party
11%
11% [ 12 ]
Green Party
3%
3% [ 4 ]
Scottish National Party
0%
0% [ 1 ]
Social Democratic and Labour Party
0%
0% [ 0 ]
Co-operative Party
0%
0% [ 1 ]
Democratic Unionist Party
1%
1% [ 2 ]
Plaid Cymru
1%
1% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 102

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:
I would honestly like to see what the results would be if we were to hold another referendum tomorrow. That doesn't make me a screaming remoaner (nice name, btw), it just means that I wonder how many people have changed their minds with a lot of information (from both sides) that has come to light.

I would have no issue with another vote, 10, 20, 10,000 more in fact, after every little bit of discovery (stick little voting buttons in every house!) but that is highly impractical and very simple in principle, it ignores all the mess and problems it brings. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_democracy

To be honest it is likely impossible in the time frame to sort another one anyway and I wonder if they would dare ever try it again. I might disagree with some of the rough methods and conclusions of some commentators here but I agree with some of their assertions, the establishment did not expect it.

I think the polls indicate it has shifted the other way now? This does add more value onto arguments that attack people who hide behind democracy as a shield mind Idea

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
Me - Wrong, the fact you think it is representative of anything undermines the credibility of anything you say pure and simple but carry on, it's a good show.

it's just a crap poll, indicative of utter incomprehension of the current situation, and what the questions actually mean. So, nothing new, although one would've hoped people... well, never mind.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
I think the polls indicate...

Hand
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Do you want me to start a second poll, so you can gave another chance at not being a loser again? Wink

I haven't lost anything. I've just stopped arguing with fuckwits.

Excellent result for the PM just now, by the way.

Last edited by Riejufixing on 11:54 - 13 Dec 2018; edited 1 time in total

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:08 - 13 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Shit result for everyone else, outside of parliament.

Do you think that a tory leadership race would have been a benefit right now? I'd have prefered that the Vote had happened on tuesday and given us a position to move forward from.

although the EU is saying no more negatiation, that's a position based on the fact we haven't said no to this deal yet, once we have then their position has to be rethought.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 13 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeywrencher wrote:
although the EU is saying no more negatiation, that's a position based on the fact we haven't said no to this deal yet, once we have then their position has to be rethought.

They have said that they will investigate making (legal) assurance re the backstop. Since that's the overriding concern, it might be helpful. I hope so. It would be good to have this interim arrangement approved by our parliament.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 13 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:
How about a poll along the lines of:

Voted to leave EU, would vote to remain
Voted to leave EU, would vote to leave EU
Voted to remain in EU, would vote to leave
Voted to remain in EU, would vote to remain

No comments in the thread, just a vote plain and simple..... I'm just curious because I voted without listening/reading to the media bullshit.

Given the choice, would I still vote the same.... fuckin' right I would

So would I ("Leave").

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:05 - 13 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
Yes.

What if you lose that one too?
Best of three? Carry on ignoring democracy until we get your required result?

Seems to be all the rage lately.

I have never lost. Razz

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:31 - 13 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not and Val is a joke. Razz

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 13 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
I do not and Val is a joke. Razz

??? I know, it's "Lav" spelt backwards....

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:33 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that one idea they're discussing is to do with specifying a trade agreement start date, or some committment to attaining an agreement and start date, which is a very interesting sidestep vis-à-vis a "backstop" end date, and which would presumably form part of the Political Decleration which accompanies the negotiated interim agreement.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 134 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6