2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Write "Leave the EU" on the ballot paper
66%
 66%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 45

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:57 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Should Britain really leave the EU? [Poll 3] Reply with quote

Remainers didn't like the result of our first poll in 2016, or MPD's poll in 2018, so we are going to have a third referendum. Remainers are hoping you lot will get the right answer this time!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:28 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please make it stop!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:33 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Please make it stop!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

They are a bit crazy lol!
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Crumbso
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:48 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god the options on the original referendum weren't as sarcastic or bitter as the ones on these polls.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:50 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basics should have been, no matter what the result, stay or leave, we all get behind that result and get the best deal for us. What has ended up being is that the remoaners are still trying to undo the result, and those that went for leave are battling each other to be top dog and not to get the best for us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crumbso wrote:
Thank god the options on the original referendum weren't as sarcastic or bitter as the ones on these polls.

Not bitter or sarcastic at all. About half of the peoples's vote are proposing exactly this question and that actual Brexit should not be on the ballot paper, only May's awful deal or remain. If it wasn't being proposed I wouldn't have asked it.

What they want is to agree a peoples vote, negotiate the future relationship so the EU offers us such a bad deal that they know we would rather remain, then put it to the vote. Many of these people are in the Liberal Democrats, yes that's right, Democrats. Time for a name change I think.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another unanswerable poll.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
The basics should have been, no matter what the result, stay or leave, we all get behind that result and get the best deal for us. What has ended up being is that the remoaners are still trying to undo the result, and those that went for leave are battling each other to be top dog and not to get the best for us.

Leavers aren't battling each other. Leave want to leave the rules of the EU. The battle is between Tory remainers and Tory leavers. EU membership = EU regulatory framework (common market, customs union). The current proposal of May is an extensive set of opt-out's, but as we would be part of the EU regulatory area we would still be in, and so at a later date the government can just opt back in just like it did with Justice measures! If we leave the regulatory area then we will need to go through the whole application process as we will have left for real.

Watch the chaos when Theresa tried to opt back in to the Justice measures without even giving a vote! This was under Cameron.

Abuse of parliamentary procedure European arrest warrant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfxexJ_X3yw

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

The Remainers and antidemocrats are the biggest problems, generally, not just for this exercise. I hear that Bliar's sticking his oar in again for "a people's vote" (yes, we've had one).

I was chatting to my MP, and made the comparison between what's happening now, and a football match, in which our team's about to score the winning goal, but half our supporters are cheering for the opposite team, and half our team are trying to tackle our own centre forward, while the goal's left open, and the opposition need not do anything as they fall around with laughter. It seems a reasonable comparison.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:53 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Which bit are you struggling with, Remain, vote to Leave or Leave with May's deal?

It doesn't say that, dopey.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:56 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
8<

Can you do me a favour, please, and set out the steps which you think the government intends to take in the leaving process, in order, and what they mean and achieve? It's only a few factual lines. I'd like to know.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:06 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
8<

Can you do me a favour, please, and set out the steps which you think the government intends to take in the leaving process, in order, and what they mean and achieve? It's only a few factual lines. I'd like to know.

What I think they should do, or what Theresa is actually going to do?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:29 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

What I think they should do, or what Theresa is actually going to do?

The steps which you think the government intends to take in the leaving process, in order, and what they mean and achieve?

If you need time to look them up, that's OK.

Edit: You could include where some EU law, e.g. termination of the A.50 process, occurs, as well as where our own domestic legislation fits in.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

The steps which you think the government intends to take in the leaving process, in order, and what they mean and achieve?

If you need time to look them up, that's OK.

Edit: You could include where some EU law, e.g. termination of the A.50 process, occurs, as well as where our own domestic legislation fits in.

Theresa intends to run down the clock until close to exit day then present the house with her deal or no deal. The house she hopes will have no choice but to vote for her deal as there will have been no "no deal" preparations. We will then move to negotiating the future relationship and I think we all know what kind of relationship that will be. If we don't accept that kind of relationship then we get to stay in the backstop until we do accept the terms.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Theresa intends to run down the clock until close to exit day then present the house with her deal or no deal. The house she hopes will have no choice but to vote for her deal as there will have been no "no deal" preparations. We will then move to negotiating the future relationship and I think we all know what kind of relationship that will be. If we don't accept that kind of relationship then we get to stay in the backstop until we do accept the terms.

Oh. So you don't know, then. Pity. Unfortunately, that's the case for most, I think.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Oh. So you don't know, then. Pity. Unfortunately, that's the case for most, I think.

I knew whatever I said you were just going to call me stupid or say I don't know what I'm talking about, but I just thought I'd humour you anyway. Such a pity etc Wink

It is of course true that I am so uneducated and inferior that I am incapable of comprehending anything as complex as leave or remain and that only persons with intellect as mighty as a remainer can comprehend such questions. I am but a mere state school scum.

https://snappa.static.pressassociation.io/assets/2016/03/31141232/1459429951-5d149b5d5a49ba64984d706b0bcb486a-600x337.jpg

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:40 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Of course it does. Stop being so ignorant. Everyone else can comprehend it.

What it actually says is Remain, Remain, or spoil your ballot, look at it carefully Rolling Eyes It's a satire of the direction the sheeple are being herded.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:13 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

There you go, a description for the hard of thinking or those just being awkward. Thumbs Up

Do you think "write leave EU on the ballot paper" sounds like something to chosen on an actual ballot, no he means that choice is being removed... you're wrong, perhgaps The OP would like to clarify as it's his question.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
I knew whatever I said you were just going to call me stupid or say I don't know what I'm talking about, but I just thought I'd humour you anyway. Such a pity etc Wink

No, I really thought I might get something apart from the ordinary reply, or something like the above which a pathetic cop-out and weaselly attempt to say "Yes I did know really but won't say", pardon me for saying so, but really. How disappointing. Still. Something like this would have been good, so I'll post it for you, with a bit of "history". As previously, this is the government's intention:

23 June 2016: EU referendum. The electorate voted to leave[1].

29 March 2017: The PM notifed the European Council of the UK's
intention to withdraw from the European Union[2].

26 June 2018: The European Union (Withdrawal) Act receives Royal Assent: "The European Communities Act 1972 is repealed on exit day"[3].

25 November 2018: The UK and EU agree a Withdrawal Agreement[4]. There is an accompanying "Political Declaration" setting out the framework for the future relationship between the European Union and the United Kingdom[5].

THIS IS NOW

?? ??? ???? The Withdrawal Agreement is approved by parliament.
?? ??? ???? The Withdrawal Agreement is approved by the EU.

29 March 2019: Exit Day. Article 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon fires, and the Treaties of Nice, Amsterdam, Maastricht and the Single European Act cease to apply to the UK[6]. Simultaneously, The European Communities Act 1972 is repealed by the UK's European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018. The UK is now no longer a member of the EU.

29 March 2019: The Transition Period with negotiated "Withdrawal Agreement" (AKA "deal") commences[7]. Trade with the EU and any area it has a trade agreement with continues normally.

02/Apr/2019: Negotiations on the future Trade Agreement start.

31 December 2020: The Transition Period ends. The Trade Agreement starts.

End of process.

[1] Leave 17,410,742; Remain 16,141,241.

[2] https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/604079/Prime_Ministers_letter_to_European_Council_President_Donald_Tusk.pdf

[3] https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2018/16/crossheading/repeal-of-the-eca/enacted

[4] https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/759019/25_November_Agreement_on_the_withdrawal_of_the_United_Kingdom_of_Great_Britain_and_Northern_Ireland_from_the_European_Union_and_the_European_Atomic_Energy_Community.pdf

[5] https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/759021/25_November_Political_Declaration_setting_out_the_framework_for_the_future_relationship_between_the_European_Union_and_the_United_Kingdom__.pdf

[6] https://www.lisbon-treaty.org/wcm/the-lisbon-treaty/treaty-on-European-union-and-comments/title-6-final-provisions/137-article-50.html

[7] https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/759019/25_November_Agreement_on_the_withdrawal_of_the_United_Kingdom_of_Great_Britain_and_Northern_Ireland_from_the_European_Union_and_the_European_Atomic_Energy_Community.pdf

Last edited by Riejufixing on 17:01 - 14 Dec 2018; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4