Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Should Britain really leave the EU? [Poll 3]

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Should Britain really leave the EU?
Remain in the EU
31%
 31%  [ 14 ]
Theresa May's version of remaining in the EU
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Write "Leave the EU" on the ballot paper
66%
 66%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 45

- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:05 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
The UK is now no longer a member of the EU.

Let me know when that actually means that we are free to do as we choose, with NO risk of the EU vetoing our sovereign decisions, no matter what "assurances" they give. Words are cheap, and everyone recognises that all will seek to look after their own interests. Give them a legal mechanism by which they can do so, and I believe they will use it. Or convince me that they won't?* But wait, are you the one holding a crystal ball now? Wink

You do agree that the EU could make things difficult, not to say unpleasant, for us on the basis of this agreement?

*Your time might be more productive if you could convince the DUP however, not to mention the majority of Parliament.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Last edited by chickenstrip on 17:07 - 14 Dec 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:29 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

I know as a remainer, you like to tell us all that......

You've made a fundamental error here, I voted leave and would/will do so again, I voted leave expecting a "hard" brexit and all the complications that would bring and was willing to roll those dice to get away from a federalist future in an increasingly bureaucratic and nonsensical EU.

You need to get away from your standpoint that anyone who doesn't agree on any point must be Diametrically opposed to all views you hold that's how the Ideological left works, and we know you're opinions there.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a one man army Wink

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:01 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
this is the government's intention

If you really think that's what's going to happen, you've got to be the most gullible person on this board.

You really ought to learn to read. I've left the salient words above.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:05 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
a possible future chance of negotiating leaving the EU single market, customs union, ECJ

29 March 2019: Exit Day. Article 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon fires, and the Treaties of Nice, Amsterdam, Maastricht and the Single European Act cease to apply to the UK[6]. Simultaneously, The European Communities Act 1972 is repealed by the UK's European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018. The UK is now no longer a member of the EU.

I've added the part you have such difficulty comprehending, again.

What don't you understand about leaving the EU?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:07 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
He's a one man army Wink

I think he's utterly confused about what's happening, to the extent that if someone posts "We're leaving the EU, so bollocks to all you Leavers", he'll actually start arguing to remain. Shrug.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I create a poll and add 'Shoot Tony Blair' onto it?
I'm so sorry that my region encouraged the nutter - now he won't shut up Sad

Kinda surprised but not surprised by the results of this poll.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:
Can I create a poll and add 'Shoot Tony Blair' onto it?
I'm so sorry that my region encouraged the nutter - now he won't shut up Sad

Kinda surprised but not surprised by the results of this poll.

Judging by the level of security he has, you're not the only one with that urge.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Theresa intends to run down the clock until close to exit day then present the house with her deal or no deal. The house she hopes will have no choice but to vote for her deal as there will have been no "no deal" preparations.

Completely agree. The problem with that "plan" is Parliament May grow balls from her open blackmail and cancel A50.

It May happen Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll options are:

1. Remain in the EU (current terms)
2. Remain in the EU under Theresa's deal. This is leave in name only and will lead to us opting back in, just like she did with the European Arrest Warrant.
3. Filing a protest vote by writing "Leave the EU" or similar on the ballot paper with a pen. Half of the second referendum brigade don't want leave to be an option on the referendum because they think it might actually win.

Expect any second referendum to be completely rigged and flooded with EU money. You will be walking around knee deep in EU stickers and leaflets.

Riejufixing wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
I knew whatever I said you were just going to call me stupid or say I don't know what I'm talking about, but I just thought I'd humour you anyway. Such a pity etc Wink

No, I really thought I might get something apart from the ordinary reply, or something like the above which a pathetic cop-out and weaselly attempt to say "Yes I did know really but won't say", pardon me for saying so, but really. How disappointing. Still. Something like this would have been good, so I'll post it for you, with a bit of "history". As previously, this is the government's intention:

23 June 2016: EU referendum. The electorate voted to leave[1].

29 March 2017: The PM notifed the European Council of the UK's
intention to withdraw from the European Union[2].

26 June 2018: The European Union (Withdrawal) Act receives Royal Assent: "The European Communities Act 1972 is repealed on exit day"[3].

25 November 2018: The UK and EU agree a Withdrawal Agreement[4]. There is an accompanying "Political Declaration" setting out the framework for the future relationship between the European Union and the United Kingdom[5].

THIS IS NOW

?? ??? ???? The Withdrawal Agreement is approved by parliament.
?? ??? ???? The Withdrawal Agreement is approved by the EU.

29 March 2019: Exit Day. Article 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon fires, and the Treaties of Nice, Amsterdam, Maastricht and the Single European Act cease to apply to the UK[6]. Simultaneously, The European Communities Act 1972 is repealed by the UK's European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018. The UK is now no longer a member of the EU.

29 March 2019: The Transition Period with negotiated "Withdrawal Agreement" (AKA "deal") commences[7]. Trade with the EU and any area it has a trade agreement with continues normally.

02/Apr/2019: Negotiations on the future Trade Agreement start.

31 December 2020: The Transition Period ends. The Trade Agreement starts.

End of process.

[1] Leave 17,410,742; Remain 16,141,241.

[2] https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/604079/Prime_Ministers_letter_to_European_Council_President_Donald_Tusk.pdf

[3] https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2018/16/crossheading/repeal-of-the-eca/enacted

[4] https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/759019/25_November_Agreement_on_the_withdrawal_of_the_United_Kingdom_of_Great_Britain_and_Northern_Ireland_from_the_European_Union_and_the_European_Atomic_Energy_Community.pdf

[5] https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/759021/25_November_Political_Declaration_setting_out_the_framework_for_the_future_relationship_between_the_European_Union_and_the_United_Kingdom__.pdf

[6] https://www.lisbon-treaty.org/wcm/the-lisbon-treaty/treaty-on-European-union-and-comments/title-6-final-provisions/137-article-50.html

[7] https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/759019/25_November_Agreement_on_the_withdrawal_of_the_United_Kingdom_of_Great_Britain_and_Northern_Ireland_from_the_European_Union_and_the_European_Atomic_Energy_Community.pdf

For someone making intellectual attacks your referencing skills aren't particularly good.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:07 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again? What's next, the penalty shootout?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

No, another vote. Until you do what the rich people tell you.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

They caught them cheating the match is invalid.

Honest referree would have awarded 3:0 for Remain long time ago...

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:35 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

They caught them cheating the match is invalid.

You do know that you may move outside the EU, legally, and apply there for permanent residence and even the citizenship, right?

All this offside crap (to stay on the pitch) is just a stalling tactic that's not going to work. EU will not play nice forever, we (EU) have our own interests, just like the UK has its. Sooner we (Europe) figure this out, better for everyone. The current state of things, the uncertainty, is not good for business and therefor everyone.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:48 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
The current state of things, the uncertainty, is not good for business and therefor everyone.

Try telling remainers that Wink 5 mins ago the uncertainty of not having a withdrawal agreement was the problem.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

You really are quite bitter about all of this.

You being European and all, and not from round these parts, must feel like it's an attack on you. It really isn't, it's an attack on our government and their inability to keep our infrastructure up to speed with our immigration. The UK has been a hotbed of immigration since just after the war, it's been fine and dandy here for a long time as we always had the resources and jobs to cope. Add to that the stupid laws that we keep getting pushed into signing up to and it started seeming like the EU was more of a problem to remain in than to just leave and it was.

Just relax and stop taking it all so personally, nobody gives a shit about you either way. You'll still have your job in 2020 if you want it and you'll still have your home. You at least have the luxury of fucking off back home if it all turns out to be a shitshow, a luxury most dont share. So please, stop being such a salty sam and get behind making this country a great place to be.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:00 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

https://youtu.be/0LDArAJf7-c?t=20 Razz

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:01 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

And not a single vote here for Mays plan?
She's doomed to fail but they know that..

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:56 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
2. Remain in the EU under Theresa's deal. This is leave in name only and will lead to us opting back in, just like she did with the European Arrest Warrant.

OK, if you think you're intellectually challenged, let's start on that - should be an easy one.

How can we "opt back in" to the EU, especially on the say of one person (whon't stand in the 2022 election anyway) when we've left it?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
For someone making intellectual attacks your referencing skills aren't particularly good.

You'll have to explain that, too. Tumbleweed time, I expect, though.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 132 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4