Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cool shit to mess with your head

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:35 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this like the Beeb thread where those on different sides of the Atlantic get differing results from clicking the link?

I got a 100% genuine US educational website, with nary a hint of YouTube.

Critical thinking in US education has long been centre of a huge debate thanks to the way American schools are run. Schools with religious backing have often highlighted the drawbacks of indoctrinated education, not that public schools are much better, but when kids enroll at their new universities thinking that the Earth is only 4000 years old it doesn't require too much stress on the old grey matter to work out that arming kids with the tools to think independently and make judgements based upon factual evidence is something to be lauded.

It has also been said that ignorance is bliss...

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Yep. Thought so.

It's just the sort of ego massaging nonsense which many students like to pretend they practice, in order to tell themselves that they're intellectually superior to everyone else and to justify the massive debt they've built up work dodging.

It's the sort of pretentious sh1t you hear students telling each other on trains, loudly, so everyone thinks they're more intelligent than they are, when in fact, the entire carriage thinks they're c4nts with no common sense.

Do you know what I hate people talking about loudly on trains? Football, chants, nights out, lads lads lads, let's make everything stink of beer and make sure everyone knows we own the carriage. A much more common and in-your-face occurence than the folk you choose to imagine, who personally I've never witnessed in my life.

I can't help but pity you for all that hatred you have stored up, which you aim at a sector of society you've never been part of. Come to think of it, all the hatred you've ever offered has been aimed at sectors of society you have nothing to do with and no experience of.

Let's do some critical thinking.

What would your ideal student be like? And why? What exactly should students do and not do, in your opinion? Is it just students from this generation - the ones who have to shoulder the debt of education themselves - or do you hate anyone who was ever a student in the history of modern education? Why?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll never get your Critical Thinking certificate at this rate.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
It has also been said that ignorance is bliss...

At this point, I would think a small few are so annoyed at me I doubt they would trust anything I post at the minute, which is ok, I didn't engage to gain friends.

This particular tangent though does surprise me as I have seen a similar thing argued in context of the US regarding some of the African American portions of society and how parts of those portions critically reject the idea of learning as some in this forum might frame it and stick to Black culture which is then framed as a negative. And these same people might also criticise this phenomenon whilst being oblivious to the parallels I'm now drawing.

Still cheers for ducking in on it, it invites no positives.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
At this point, I would think a small few are so annoyed at me I doubt they would trust anything I post at the minute, which is ok, I didn't engage to gain friends.

You're overestimating your own importance.

Sload wrote:
This particular tangent though does surprise me as I have seen a similar thing argued in context of the US regarding some of the African American portions of society and how parts of those portions critically reject the idea of learning as some in this forum might frame it and stick to Black culture which is then framed as a negative. And these same people might also criticise this phenomenon whilst being oblivious to the parallels I'm now drawing.

Eh? They don't reject learning, it's that there isn't a learning culture like with (what Americans call) Asians (from the far-east). Instead black people glamorise a damaging culture, and get stuck in a loop, mainly because they're still blaming everyone else.

We're a bit more intelligent over here and realise this, although we still for some reason look up to the US, especially in the black community. It's their own culture holding them back, anyone who suggests this (Kanye for example) gets ostracised.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Lord Percy"]
M.C wrote:

Khan Acadmey

Sadiq?
What's he teaching?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 81 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2