Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Poll time again :D

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Just a curious question for the masses - If we had a way to poll the UK as a whole tomorrow (ignoring that the last ref was a poll). And it came back as a majority remain this time, would it then be democratic to go forward and push the leave vote?
It is democratic to ignore the present will of the people and abide the former vote
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
It it undemocratic to ignore the present will of the people and abide the earlier vote.
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 21

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
Just use your brain, go on his facebook page and find it, not hard.

However, you said it was on "Martin Lewis money saving expert page". Now you're saying it's on Facebook.

Why don't you just post the URL, as I've asked a couple of times? Are you trying to hide something, I wonder?

Oh this gon be guud,

What would i be trying to hide? oh master of the internet Laughing Laughing
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
If he doesn't understand the interface of which it shows 'like, comment, share' which only Facebook uses, then it's pointless explaining anything else

It's alright, now I do understand; you got it from "tommy robinson", that well-known purveyor of mangled information. THAT is why you won't post the URL, isn't it.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:35 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

Well, it's something., else you'd post the URL, which is a good deal easier than all this wank you're posting.

Still, no matter; I've seen Mr Lewis's disclaimer that you edited out of your image, which clearly shows your misrepresentation of fact.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

Well, it's something., else you'd post the URL, which is a good deal easier than all this wank you're posting.

Still, no matter; I've seen Mr Lewis's disclaimer that you edited out of your image, which clearly shows your misrepresentation of fact.

Are you autistic?

Which Disclaimer was this?

Do you think the Russians influenced the brexit vote via facebook?
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:38 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Are you autistic? Which Disclaimer was this?

Post the URL then (but you won't). Like I care that you look a clot.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:39 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of Martin Lewis, how the hell did he pull Lara Lewington? Smile

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:40 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

He's got a very big

wallet?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
Are you autistic? Which Disclaimer was this?

https://www.facebook.com/mrmartinlewis

Literally go on that and scroll down Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Gonna apologise for being a conspiracy bellend?
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:43 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
M.C wrote:

He's got a very big

wallet?

I assumed so Laughing

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/mrmartinlewis

Literally go on that and scroll down Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Gonna apologise for being a conspiracy bellend?

Yay, at last, thank you. Am I going to apologise? Yes. "I'm sorry if you are". I mean that, exactly, BTW. (Edit: I flamed you, BTW. What is the mechanism to undo that?)

Waht about Mr Lewis's P.S.?

Martin Lewis wrote:
PS. Dont take the result too seriously. UNfortunately I can't split it here between leave and remain voters as I do on Twitter, so there's no way to know here how this group reflects public opinion (e.g. on Twitter it is substantially pro remain skewed)

Last edited by Riejufixing on 18:51 - 18 Dec 2018; edited 1 time in total

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
About the only post worth reading

Interesting post Ridah, I'm half in agreement, sort of, I think.

mpd72 CPT wrote:
He's called it spot on though. How many votes?

The trouble you have specifically with trying to get to me is you start from the premise that I am a remainer when I am not nor have ever in fact been one, yet, but then I'm not a reactionary Rolling Eyes
Which is why you have never got a clue about my motivation nor agenda as you put it elsewhere, and why that question just isn't even worth a pinch of snuff. It really is all about identity politics with the hardcore crew here yet this same group would deny it (which is pretty funny too).

My motivation for this poll was satisfied within minutes of it being posted. The following triggering, negging and silly playground chasing gotchas and back patting from the same crew was just extra icing beyond what I could have expected so cheers. Thumbs Up

I mean

Imagine......

Actually

Imagine......

that the following

It is democratic to ignore the present will of the people and abide the former vote

Was valid Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

MC was right about one thing, sort of, barely -

My head= https://media.giphy.com/media/xT0xeJpnrWC4XWblEk/200w.gif

Just too much for me, I cannot contort like that, I'm too simple.

So at least I now know what some here believe, and what an absolute waste of time it is.

Had better arguments from flat earthers, literally. So I'll stick with my own methods for trying to understand any positives from leaving on your preffered terms.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

Yay, at last, thank you. Am I going to apologise? Yes. "I'm sorry if you are". I mean that, exactly, BTW. (Edit: I flamed you, BTW. What is the mechanism to undo that?)

Waht about Mr Lewis's P.S.?

Martin Lewis wrote:
PS. Dont take the result too seriously. UNfortunately I can't split it here between leave and remain voters as I do on Twitter, so there's no way to know here how this group reflects public opinion (e.g. on Twitter it is substantially pro remain skewed)

He's added that this afternoon

Pm the mods to remove a rating.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:08 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
My motivation for this poll was satisfied within minutes of it being posted. The following triggering, negging and silly playground chasing gotchas and back patting from the same crew was just extra icing beyond what I could have expected so cheers. Thumbs Up

I'm part of a crew? Wub

https://d1smv7h0armdzg.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/rock-steady-crew.jpg
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
you start from the premise that I am a remainer when I am not nor have ever in fact been one, yet, but then I'm not a reactionary.

So you confess to being a wind-up merchant, arguing just for the sake of it rather than coming from any point of principle or belief.

Sload wrote:
My motivation for this poll was satisfied within minutes of it being posted.

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the case of the 2016 referendum, I don't think it would be right to rerun it, because we were told that the result would be implemented, no matter what the result was. At the time, there were no protests about it being a simple in or out vote (unless I missed them, in which case, they couldn't have been very significant protests).
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
In the case of the 2016 referendum, I don't think it would be right to rerun it, because we were told that the result would be implemented, no matter what the result was. At the time, there were no protests about it being a simple in or out vote (unless I missed them, in which case, they couldn't have been very significant protests).

Tut Tut Everyone who voted leave did so from a position of ignorance, now we've been educated by our intellectual betters we'd vote the correct way this time Folded arms

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:33 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Tut Tut Everyone who voted leave did so from a position of ignorance, now we've been educated by our intellectual betters we'd vote the correct way this time Folded arms

I highlighted the key point in bold. Once we have actually left, then perhaps we could have another referendum to see if the British people wish to rejoin.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No point. The French wouldn't let us back in. (A la original EEC).

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:54 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I said in the proper other Brexit thread staying in can also be seen as a gamble, if you see the EU boat rocking (which it is). If the EU does turn into a prosperous utopia for all members, we can rejoin in future, the EU have said this. However I suspect they'd only want us as another contributor to an iffy project*.

*obviously that depends on your perspective Smile

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:06 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Once we have actually left, then perhaps we could have another referendum to see if the British people wish to rejoin.

You be trolling.

The more expensive and messier a divorce is, the sillier the idea of ever getting remarried is.

Subject to Brexit actually happening and the transition period not going on forever, I'd have thought that EU membership will be off the cards for at least a couple of decades and we'd have to be invited to join their gang.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:15 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
if you see the EU boat rocking (which it is)

It's not just rocking, it was barely sea worthy to start with and now it's falling apart.

The good ship EU has also been overwhelmed by lots of small inflatable dinghies.

It's time to abandon ship and swim away because when a sinking ship goes under, it creates enough suction to pull you under. The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:23 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Once we have actually left, then perhaps we could have another referendum to see if the British people wish to rejoin.

You be trolling.

The more expensive and messier a divorce is, the sillier the idea of ever getting remarried is.

Subject to Brexit actually happening and the transition period not going on forever, I'd have thought that EU membership will be off the cards for at least a couple of decades and we'd have to be invited to join their gang.

Eminem remarried Kim Very Happy That was after he trashed her in all his songs and she said he had a small penis.

Who (really) knows where the EU or the UK will be in another 40 years time. We might all be shivering under the shadow of Comrade Corbyn and eager to embrace the warm glow of the EU Smile

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/resources/images/6713313.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery
^ The actual statue will have Diane on his lap Sick
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 100 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4