Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:31 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Men die younger.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:
temeluchus wrote:
I'm willing to bed the largest drain on the NHS is elderly women.

Just curious but why women??

Cos old the elderly men are dead, innit. Motorbikes and stuff...

If you check the residents of any care home, you'll fine they are 80% female
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:12 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Income taxpayers in June 2017, 30.3 million.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40117521

2018-2019 3.1 million income taxpayers

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/710887/Table_2.1.pdf

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Income taxpayers in June 2017, 30.3 million.
2018-2019 3.1 million income taxpayers

Hopefully I'll be one of the 27 million lucky ones then Wink

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:36 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK EU migrants are good for the tax take, I don't think that's really disputed, but Val went full retard (for a change) the other day when I pointed out...

Its analysis suggests that migration has increased house prices and added to the demand for social housing, "inevitably at the expense" of others.
Although migrants are a small fraction of people in social housing, they are a rising number.
However, the report concludes that the reduction in stock - because too few homes for social rent are being built - has a part to play too.

Services are harder to judge because 'The NHS doesn't record the country of birth of patients', but by the same logic more people, combined with the same government apathy when it comes to spending on services, must have a negative impact.

That's my take on it anyway, if you massively increase the population you make sure there are places for people to live etc., if you don't and this starts impacting people's quality of life then they're going to let you know at the ballot box (which's what happened).
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my point was more it doesn't really matter if they're or not (good for tax revenue), if people are struggling to find somewhere to live etc. that's what they'll be concerned about.

I doubt someone working full time and living in a bedsit is consoled by the fact it's good for the economy.

mpd72 CPT wrote:
The government refuses to release the real factual figures of net migration based on in and out numbers. I wonder why?

Is there no way to do a freedom of information whatsit?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:35 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Well my point was more it doesn't really matter if they're or not (good for tax revenue), if people are struggling to find somewhere to live etc. that's what they'll be concerned about.

I doubt someone working full time and living in a bedsit is consoled by the fact it's good for the economy.

mpd72 CPT wrote:
The government refuses to release the real factual figures of net migration based on in and out numbers. I wonder why?

Is there no way to do a freedom of information whatsit?

I don't think that they even have a clue so even if you got a FIA it wouldn't be valid.

When Tescos, Asda and co say they are selling food in the quantity required for an 80 million population you know the government just don't have a scooby about what's going on in the country immigration wise.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I don't think that they even have a clue so even if you got a FIA it wouldn't be valid.

When Tescos, Asda and co say they are selling food in the quantity required for an 80 million population you know the government just don't have a scooby about what's going on in the country immigration wise.

Well that's the thing, these 'real' figures are meant to tell the true story, the only reason for carrying on releasing the BS passenger survey figures is if they say something the government don't want to admit to; that net migration is many times greater than they officially state.

We pretty much know that's the case anyway, it's like a kid with chocolate round their mouth saying they didn't eat all the choccy biscuits.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 19:33 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

This would be another thing to look into in relation to obesity and it's related issues playing a role on the NHS. If you read the OECD report 2017 it shows the obesity in England increased from 14% in 1990 to 25% in 2013. So potentially we're eating a lot more or all these immigrants that are sponging are obese?

There is an arguable debate on the validity of measuring 'obesity' as well due to more of the population also being classified as this due to having more muscle nowadays. I realise I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

The point I am trying to make from this is this is all very complex and not very clear. I have no doubt immigrants do play a role in increasing the strain but to say it's just them is not going to solve the problem. To say it's old people, or obese people, or the mentally ill, or even the government is the same.

M.C wrote:
We pretty much know that's the case anyway

How do we know this?

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NHS were spot on with me. There were loads of different colours and accents dealing with me. All did their part. I'm an advert for all that is good about the NHS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:14 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing how people can really be so daft as to believe immigration is causing the greater strain on the health service.

Almost as if baby boomer generation never happened!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:37 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irezumi aka Reuben wrote:
M.C wrote:
We pretty much know that's the case anyway

How do we know this?

As Polarbear pointed out, all the indications are that the population's a lot bigger than we're being told, meaning we've been lied to for years.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 22:05 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
As Polarbear pointed out, all the indications are that the population's a lot bigger than we're being told, meaning we've been lied to for years.

As I and others pointed out though the obesity level has reportedly massively increased, this would quite possibly require an increase in food consumption, although calorific value per individual food item consumed could also well be a factor. I've yet to see the evidence however to differentiate as to which of the food consumption is caused by an increase in the amount of people buying food and the increase of individuals/household buying food.

To then surmise that the population has therefore increased greater than the government are reporting/know of is not possible. Not to say it's not the case, just that it's not yet possible to jump to that conclusion.

Let's hypothetically say that the population had increased greater than the government know/are letting on. To then say that the reason the NHS is struggling is due in large part to immigration is not really possible as far as I can see, particularly as I hope we can all agree that there is at least more than one potential reason behind the NHS' struggles.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:47 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Amazing how people can really be so daft as to believe immigration is causing the greater strain on the health service.

Almost as if baby boomer generation never happened!

Of course it is. Population in 1950, 50 million of which all but a pinch were ethnic Britons.

Population now - well depending who you talk to, but officially 66 million of which 55million is ethnic Britons. So since 1950, 11 million immigrants and their offspring have come or been born in this country.

11 million is twice the population of Scotland.

11 million is an average of 162,000 per year since 1950 yet we have been allowing twice that in during the last 10 years.

Of course immigration has been a problem. Take 11 million out of the system and the NHS would run fine. Take the offspring of 11 million people out of schools and they wouldn't be over run. Take 11million people out and you wouldn't have a housing crisis.

It is purely a numbers game and if you artificially increase the population (which is what mass immigration does) you better be able to manage the infrastructure to cope.

However you look at it, the way this country has managed immigration has been the biggest single fuck up to impact peoples lives since the war.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:07 - 22 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to say it's not the case, just that it's not yet possible to jump to that conclusion.

When would you? Most people look at over-crowded schools, the housing shortage, other services struggling and reach the conclusion we have too many people.

Let's hypothetically say that the population had increased greater than the government know/are letting on. To then say that the reason the NHS is struggling is due in large part to immigration is not really possible as far as I can see, particularly as I hope we can all agree that there is at least more than one potential reason behind the NHS' struggles.

I'm fairly sure I said services were harder to judge, but logically more people = more demand. I know there are many reasons and it always seems to be something new. It's the elderly, no it's the diabetics that will bankrupt the NHS, I think the truth is it's a shit system that will eventually fail.

Obviously it's an emotive subject for a lot of people and experiences vary depending on where you live, I just don't understand why if you live in an area with a shit NHS trust that's basically your lot, unless you want to pay a fortune to go privately, which often just means jumping the queue at the same NHS hospital.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:40 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly cheap to go private for a lot of things. More people should, it would take a load off the NHS.

I recently broke my shoulder falling off a ladder. Cost less than a pair of Michelin road 5's for a consultation, x-rays, then follow-up with an eminent consultant orthopaedic surgeon at a time of my chosing. All done and dusted within a couple of hours. See consultant, go for x-rays, go directly back to consultant to discuss treatment plan based on said x-rays. If I'd needed an MRI, it would have cost more but again, would have happened pretty much straight away.

Interestingly, when I first did it, I had no idea it was broken but it was getting pretty stiff after a few hours so I drove to the local minor injuries unit to get checked out, only to receive a minor bollocking off the doctor for a) Driving there and b) Not going directly to A&E. He sent me back to A&E. I drove there.

The OP is correct to complain. If you don't complain, changes will not happen

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Surprisingly cheap

I recently broke my shoulder falling off a ladder. Cost less than a pair of Michelin road 5's for a consultation, x-rays, then follow-up with an eminent consultant orthopaedic surgeon at a time of my chosing

£200 for some X-rays and a bit of medical advice.

Shocked

Shall we let everyone eat cake, too?

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
The OP is correct to complain. If you don't complain, changes will not happen

I was completely on board with this until I did, and was met with a better 'system' than the thing I wanted in the first place. That alone told me it was completely futile.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:46 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
Surprisingly cheap

I recently broke my shoulder falling off a ladder. Cost less than a pair of Michelin road 5's for a consultation, x-rays, then follow-up with an eminent consultant orthopaedic surgeon at a time of my chosing

£200 for some X-rays and a bit of medical advice.

Shocked

Shall we let everyone eat cake, too?

How much do you imagine the same would cost have cost the NHS? Just because the end user doesn't get the bill,
doesn't mean there isn't one. I'd bet a beefy bollock on it would have costed more on the NHS, given the way they freely
waste public money whilst of course simultaneously loudly claiming there isn't enough funding for xy and z.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't afford to go private but definitely would if I could. It removes queues for starters. Mind you, if everyone went private those queues would return and the NHS as we know it would cease to exist (which is what's happening anyway)

On the subject of population: I know the next census is 2021 - it's a shame we can't literally go through every room of every house of every street to find out the real figures. This government really have lost control over things.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:26 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:
I know the next census is 2021

Predictions? It should still be 80 odd % whitey but who knows: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_Kingdom#Ethnicity

The religious increase, I assume due to immigrant communities is depressing. However some seem to think the census is somewhat BS:

https://www.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/FT_14.04.23_UKreligion.png

I can't say I know one white person who's a practicing* Christian. I think the Jesus freaks want to make out like they're still important, without immigration religion would be all but dead IMO Crying or Very sad One of my working conspiracy theories is that bastard Blair (being a Jesus freak) deliberately increased immigration to save the church from being all but redundant.

*for most people it's born (christened/baptised), married and buried in a church... if that.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:50 - 25 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official UK population from government figures for 2018 is 67 million. I doubt there are as many illegals as people think, the hostile environment policies mean it's pretty hard to just ghost around long term. Including illegals, short term EU workers, and non-EU students in all it's probably 75 million maybe. Non-EU students is 0.3 million alone.

grr666 wrote:

How much do you imagine the same would cost have cost the NHS? Just because the end user doesn't get the bill,
doesn't mean there isn't one. I'd bet a beefy bollock on it would have costed more on the NHS, given the way they freely
waste public money whilst of course simultaneously loudly claiming there isn't enough funding for xy and z.

This is the problem really. Even if we give the NHS money it will never be enough because the problem is more with how it is spent than how much there is. There's a lot of consultants taking in hundreds of thousands a year so that's going to eat into the budget.

As for the cops they're focused on doing lots of nonsense it seems, and crime fighting seems to take a back seat. We can remove the bureaucracy from the front line cops, but I suspect a lot of the headcount are off doing other stuff in offices like policing arguments on the internet or something. A decent chunk of the crime seems to be committed by a relatively small number of people so dealing with them by just locking them up for longer might not be a bad idea either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:13 - 25 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert on the NHS but am in a way via their front door!

We have a fairly new hospital near me which is a PFI/NHS jobby. It's shit (send people away with undiagnosed broken hips and they die etc) but what I have done is nosed at their list of job vacancies. OMG. It sickens me when I see so many positions open and with what I'd call obscene salaries. Probably the going rate to be fair for that type of job but so many vacancies - not just that but bonus packages added on so that people are effectively poached from other companies.
I didn't see a single job vacancy for nurses though did see one vacancy for a shrink. The rest were management positions. The hospital has been open 5 years and they're still after so many people?? If they are, how is the hospital running? How are services functioning??
Stopping my rant it's Xmas morning!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 124 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5