Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Gatwick chaos

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:22 - 23 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dronegate?

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:26 - 23 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
So a bloke wearing hi viz clothing to avoid detection, carrying a 4ft drone on a pushbike wasn't really the person who held Gatwick to ransom for 36 hours? Who'd have thunk it?

Has anyone actually claimed that said bloke wearing hi viz clothing to avoid detection, carrying a 4ft drone on a pushbike (who some Member of the Public spotted) is the same bloke that got nicked?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 23 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise in all the news stories on it.

All I've heard about is some guy telling the Sun that he saw the hiviz cyclist with a drone (which sounds well dodgy, yes); and then limited info about the couple who got nicked. Has anyone actually connected these two facts? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they seem utterly normal, no reports of any kooky behaviour, and the only issue appears to be that the husband happens to have loads of drones and RC helicopters and is mad about flying them, and lives near Gatwick. Presumably some neighbour after the £50K reward will have invited Popo to have a look - fair enough under the circs.

I don't think that having an almost obsessive interest in something is a crime - which surely any member of this particular forum will get. Oh, and the guy's boss said he was at work and he could vouch for him during the time the drones were active.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 23 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now it's being floated that the lack of any credible photos or videos might mean there never was a drone.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46665615

Quote:
He said there was no available footage of the drones and police were relying on witness accounts.

He added there was "always a possibility that there may not have been any genuine drone activity in the first place"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:49 - 23 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pikeys what did it! As soon as the drones were spotted Gatwick was full of fecking travellers Wink

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 23 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more dogs, dogs deter drones dont ya know.

Well thats what liz truss thinks any way - https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2018/12/21/liz-truss-drones-may-stupid-thing-government-said-year/

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 23 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it wasn't that couple after all. Seems his house was ripped to pieces while they were under arrest for 36 hours - methinks they have a case against the media for naming them in the first place??

The mentions of no drones and yet some news outlets were posting footage of drones around the airport.
There have been so many reports of drones by the public in such a short time there and yet it seems there were none? Yeah right - the authorities are burying something here. I reckon this was government creating a distraction and using real drones. They're now effectively saying nothing to look at so move on.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:33 - 23 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Icke would be so proud.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 23 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
So now it's being floated that the lack of any credible photos or videos might mean there never was a drone.

Quote:
He said there was no available footage of the drones and police were relying on witness accounts.

He added there was "always a possibility that there may not have been any genuine drone activity in the first place"

Police: there was no drones.

Quote:
Detectives investigating the Gatwick drone attacks which caused three days of chaos for passengers say it is possible there never were any drones.

Or drones were never in breach no fly zone and Home Office is trying to hide their own incompetence? It's possible.

About innocent couple police tried to frame:

Quote:
Mr Tingley added: “I won’t apologise, but what I will say is we really do appreciate their co-operation.

Why not apologise? It's f*king police mistake. Or worst cover up of their incompetence. Of course they should apologise.

And we must have full enquiry about it as well.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gatwick-drones-never-existed-sussex-police-investigation-footage-couple-released-a8697306.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:42 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
doggone wrote:

Quote:

Police: there was no drones.

Quote:
Detectives investigating the Gatwick drone attacks which caused three days of chaos for passengers say it is possible there never were any drones.

Or drones were never in breach no fly zone and Home Office is trying to hide their own incompetence? It's possible.

About innocent couple police tried to frame:

Quote:
Mr Tingley added: “I won’t apologise, but what I will say is we really do appreciate their co-operation.

Why not apologise? It's f*king police mistake. Or worst cover up of their incompetence. Of course they should apologise.

And we must have full enquiry about it as well.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gatwick-drones-never-existed-sussex-police-investigation-footage-couple-released-a8697306.html

Tried to frame, or quietly followed a possible lead that shouldnt have been ignored? Not the old bill printing their name about, nor was it they lapping up every detail and running away with their own fantasies. Get a fucking grip val.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:08 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:
So it wasn't that couple after all. Seems his house was ripped to pieces while they were under arrest for 36 hours - methinks they have a case against the media for naming them in the first place??

The mentions of no drones and yet some news outlets were posting footage of drones around the airport.
There have been so many reports of drones by the public in such a short time there and yet it seems there were none? Yeah right - the authorities are burying something here. I reckon this was government creating a distraction and using real drones. They're now effectively saying nothing to look at so move on.

The drone flights stopped when he got nicked. Not that it matters, our judicial system (aka the media) have already found sufficient people guilty that they can move on.

I agree that governments bury bad news on these days but nothing of any real note has taken place during this. Brexit was covered on the news during it but their conclusion was that nothing is happening as the can has been kicked down the road. If anything it's the media flying the drone as they have nothing else to talk about now. They have resorted to live reports from shopping centres where they ask people "does this place look empty to you?" and "do you think it will be more busy to tomorrow?".

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaffyTDM wrote:

Tried to frame, or quietly followed a possible lead that shouldnt have been ignored? Not the old bill printing their name about, nor was it they lapping up every detail and running away with their own fantasies. Get a fucking grip val.

What exactly do you mean? Police arrests innocent couple and they let them go without charges. These are proven facts.

What if the couples drones were never in breach of no fly zone and Home Office is trying to hide their own incompetence? It's possible.

Now trying to bury their own incompetence under a mountain of several hundreds drone seeing around London and thousands of "new leads".

Please don't tell me if the police have made a mistake (which happens all the time, we are all people and do mistakes) and the whole 3 days circus was for nothing they will admit that to the public and say:

"Sorry all the delays were due police mistake"

Not a fat chance without proper public enquiry.

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:22 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i mean, you self centered ejit, is that the police arrest innocent people all the time. This is the cornerstone of the british justice system. Until someone is found guilty in a court, they are innocent. Innocent when stopped/search, innocent when arrested, innocent when charged, innocent whilst stood in the dock, right up until the verdict.

The police know and understand this- there will be many people caught up in an investigation into the truth. The media know and understand this- which is why the duty rests on them not to confuse a public that often dont, for the consequences can be severe. This does not diminish the polices duty to follow leads, and decide early on whether there is evidence to put a case to court, or that same investigation discounts an innocent person from an inquiry.

This is why there are so many rules around the treatment of arrested persons - reflecting the fact they are innocent.

Arrest is not a punishment, nor does it indicate guilt. It is simply a means of controlling someones whereabouts and securing evidence whilst matters are investigated. Im amazed this still comes as a suprise to those that cast judgement via twitter blow by blow as a case is progressed, and are then left dissappointed, as if their entertainment dries up once they bet on the wrong horse.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaffyTDM wrote:
What i mean, you self centered ejit, is that the police arrest innocent people all the time. This is the cornerstone of the british justice system. Until someone is found guilty in a court, they are innocent. Innocent when stopped/search, innocent when arrested, innocent when charged, innocent whilst stood in the dock, right up until the verdict.

The police know and understand this- there will be many people caught up in an investigation into the truth. The media know and understand this- which is why the duty rests on them not to confuse a public that often dont, for the consequences can be severe. This does not diminish the polices duty to follow leads, and decide early on whether there is evidence to put a case to court, or that same investigation discounts an innocent person from an inquiry.

This is why there are so many rules around the treatment of arrested persons - reflecting the fact they are innocent.

Arrest is not a punishment, nor does it indicate guilt. It is simply a means of controlling someones whereabouts and securing evidence whilst matters are investigated. Im amazed this still comes as a suprise to those that cast judgement via twitter blow by blow as a case is progressed, and are then left dissappointed, as if their entertainment dries up once they bet on the wrong horse.

Thank you for writing the obvious. For the record I never said ANYWHERE that somebody is guilty before a court verdict here on BCF or in twitter.

I am not like you throwing childish names to people I don't even met.

My point is completely different:

What if drones were never in breach of no fly zone and Home Office is trying to hide their own incompetence? It's possible.

Now trying to bury their own incompetence under a mountain of several hundreds drone "seeings" around London and thousands of "new leads".

Please don't tell me if the police have made a mistake (which happens all the time, we are all people and do mistakes) and the whole 3 days circus was for nothing they will admit that to the public and say:

"Sorry all the delays were due police mistake"

Not a fat chance without proper public enquiry.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stop droning on about it

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
What if....?

You mean what if your imaginary scenario were true and it confirmed your paranoia that they've all got it in for you? As Taffy said, get a grip! Whatever mpd72 has seems to be catching.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's surprised me over the whole mess is that the press were within the law in naming the pair.
Where my anger comes in is the likes of the mail calling them morons but with a question mark - basically covering their arses from libel action.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Dronegate appeared the day before Parliament broke up and it all got forgotten.

One day would have made zero difference. MP's were never going to give up their holidays.

That petition had 12k votes, so what? Even if it got the 100k, that was only to debate MP's not going on leave. There was never any time to discuss it and then act on it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6