Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Soldiers shooting at Corbyn image

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:57 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Soldiers shooting at Corbyn image Reply with quote

MP's are up in arms and the commander says it was a 'Serious error of judgment by soldiers shooting at Corbyn image'

https://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/serious-error-of-judgment-by-soldiers-shooting-at-corbyn-image-says-commander-11364352606862

Should have used the real person IMHO Whistle

In reality, I don't see a problem with the soldiers using a picture of someone who just 'wants to hang out to dry' any soldier he can blame for something.

Anyway, I can remember using photos of Shell Tankers boss on a dartboard when they refused to give us a pay rise. It didn't mean we really were going to throw darts at HIM. Rolling Eyes

Soft cvnts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:03 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor taste but no error of judgement IMO. I reckon they should be able to use pictures of whoever they want, to inject some humour into it.

They could start with Dianne Abbot for Basic Training, graduating to Theresa May when competent, then Victoria Beckham stood sideways for snipers...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:51 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Armed Services are supposed to be politically neutral, so that they can continue to serve under whatever government is in power. Servicemen are still people and voters, and will have their own opinions, but once a video like this goes public, it might be considered as bringing the service into disrepute. It's only the fact that it went public that is causing a fuss. Soldiers do worse things and little is said if it remains out of the public eye, or more to the point, is not obviously connected with servicemen. The problem here seems to be that it was obviously connected, to the Parachute Regiment in this instance.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember in the 2010 election our driving range had models of Cameron, Brown, and Clegg set up and invited us to shoot golf balls at them.

Is this now a bit naughty?

PS nice new avatar pic Diggs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:43 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I remember in the 2010 election our driving range had models of Cameron, Brown, and Clegg set up and invited us to shoot golf balls at them.

Have you really missed the point of why this has generated a fuss?
It won't be much of one, however, and will soon blow over, probably when the media decide to report some real news.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:48 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

No it isn't, it really isn't. The only thing nice would be to shoot it.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear you protest too much. I bet you would if nobody ever found out Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Thanks mate. Not only a mathematical genius and a credit to the Labour Party, but somewhere for Jeremy to park his bike too...
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:46 - 04 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

its okay they are recruiting hood rats on bicycles now, some scouse bloke on the radio said so

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:53 - 04 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Not only a mathematical genius and a credit to the Labour Party, but somewhere for Jeremy to park his bike too...

I thought he was using the Theresa Bikeshed now.
Wub

Wyberton John
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 08 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracked me up, this did.

Reminded me a bit of back in the early 80's, when rumour had it a coup was planned for if Labour managed to worm their way into government.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:33 - 08 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
The Armed Services are supposed to be politically neutral, so that they can continue to serve under whatever government is in power. Servicemen are still people and voters, and will have their own opinions, but once a video like this goes public, it might be considered as bringing the service into disrepute. It's only the fact that it went public that is causing a fuss. Soldiers do worse things and little is said if it remains out of the public eye, or more to the point, is not obviously connected with servicemen. The problem here seems to be that it was obviously connected, to the Parachute Regiment in this instance.

The only person who deserves a reprimand is the dumbass who filmed it and released it into the wild.

Now he really does want a good talking to and I'm sure his colleagues have already made sure he won't do it again.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:59 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A video of soldiers shooting an image of their government's democratic opposition is the type of thing you would usually expect to see in news stories about despot military states and banana republics.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:47 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
A video of soldiers shooting an image of their government's democratic opposition is the type of thing you would usually expect to see in news stories about despot military states and banana republics.

What utter bollox. That sort of thing has been going on since time immemorial.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:57 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, I've never seen anything like it before. Only from despot military states and banana republics.

At the very least, I guarantee you if the British public saw similar of one of their chosen enemy states, say Russia, they would use it as a shining example of just how fucked Russia is. "

"Putin Military Shooting Images of Political Opponents!"

Do you really think there's no wider negative image being portrayed here?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:14 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the same. Burning an effigy in public makes a different statement altogether.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:15 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Weird, I've never seen anything like it before. Only from despot military states and banana republics.

At the very least, I guarantee you if the British public saw similar of one of their chosen enemy states, say Russia, they would use it as a shining example of just how fucked Russia is. "

If you think bikers have a dark and twisted sense of humour, you want to try joining the armed forces. Don't be so sensitive and super(faux)-righteous. To them, it was just a bit of a laugh, and a very mild one at that.

Oh wait. Maybe the Parachute Regiment has plans to off Corbyn! Shocked
Oh wait. Maybe they're planning a military coup! Shocked
Oh wait. Maybe a military dictatorship is just around the corner! Shocked

Rolling Eyes

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

If you think bikers have a dark and twisted sense of humour, you want to try joining the armed forces. Don't be so sensitive and super(faux)-righteous. To them, it was just a bit of a laugh, and a very mild one at that.

Oh wait. Maybe the Parachute Regiment has plans to off Corbyn! Shocked
Oh wait. Maybe they're planning a military coup! Shocked
Oh wait. Maybe a military dictatorship is just around the corner! Shocked

Rolling Eyes

Exactly. I do wonder if some of our naive brethren live in soft fluffy cloud cookoo land.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:22 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Not the same. Burning an effigy in public makes a different statement altogether.

Burning is more painful that shooting?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:38 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I do wonder if some of our naive brethren live in soft fluffy cloud cookoo land.

You know what? If it were down to me, we would have a military dictatorship at this point. It would do some people a power of good Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Diggs wrote:

No. Burning effigies is usually a public act designed to get a political point across to a crowd (or a protestant one in the case of bonfire night...). Squaddies using an MOD range is not a public act made to make a political point.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:54 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

No. Burning effigies is usually a public act designed to get a political point across to a crowd (or a protestant one in the case of bonfire night...). Squaddies using an MOD range is not a public act made to make a political point.

Really? Wow, I'd never have guessed Rolling Eyes

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:02 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

If you think bikers have a dark and twisted sense of humour, you want to try joining the armed forces.

Exactly. I do wonder if some of our naive brethren live in soft fluffy cloud cookoo land.

They have been conditioned into continuous virtue signalling mode by a form of brainwashing.
Or maybe it's just to intentionally wind up normal people
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 59 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2