Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Religion

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:51 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Religion Reply with quote

I spent the best part of a car journey last night discussing religion with a religist.

Dem folk are well fucked up. Brainwashed Pricks.

I prey to Jesus that I dont go to heaven when i die.
I'll probably skull one of the cunts up there.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:44 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it a vegan religist or a climate change religist?
Not sure which is worst.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:38 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Re: Religion Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
I spent the best part of a car journey last night discussing religion with a religist.

My post would have started like this.

"I jumped out of a moving car last night so I wouldn't have to listen to a religist talk utter bollocks that demonstrates
perfectly and without question just how incompatible they are with the modern world. I then called a taxi"

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the first thing I ask women when dating: "Are you religious?"
Even if they hesitate with a reply I walk away.

Religion has been a bane on society since forever. It really has held us back and destroyed so many lives.
Look at the bible for example: Lots of different versions which are written as so just so that they fit in with that particular sub-set.

Having flash backs to first school when I'd be brayed with a yard-long blackboard ruler for daring to ask a simple and innocent question. I was 5. I simply asked the teacher that if god made us then who made god? No-one had prompted me and this was simply a young mind learning the world around them. I learnt that yard-long wooden rulers hurt.
Mrs Thomas - I know you're still alive. I'll burn you one day..

Oh shit I'm shaking with fury here now.
Look at all the crap that vicars and the likes have done. Those poor innocent victims from the utter bastards. Then there's the higher up bastards who protected their own and not the child victims.

Our legal system is built around a ghost FFS. Our 'leaders' show us how going to church is good for us. Our leaders seek nothing except to control us and keep us divided.

True story time:
I was with my son in Newcastle one Winters morning. I was walking across the city to take him to a museum. In the middle of Newcastle is Greys Monument - a big column that groups gather beneath to give mini concerts or small organised markets etc.
Anyway, on this day it was music. Quite a big crowd gathered - rap music and it sounded very good so we stopped to listen. A decent stage too and very professional.
We'd been stood for a few minutes when a woman wove through the crowd and began chatting.
"Do you like the music?" She asked. I replied that we'd just gotten there and hadn't listened fully. Then it hit me - Christian rap music. With that we turned to leave and the woman stopped me.
"Are you a believer?" She asked. I shook my head and tried walking but she grabbed my upper arm. She was obviously desperate and then she said one of the most disgusting things I've heard..
"It's us or them you know. We need to fight them" she said as she looked me up and down - I was 18 stone of solid muscle and shaved hair. I looked like a thug.
"We need fighters like you to fight them on the streets" were her final words. I screamed at her. I grabbed both her arms and screamed into her face that she was an utter cunt and should fuck off to where she came from. Her friends dragged her away and we continued to walk.
I saw no police to report them. Nothing. Utter cunts who tried tricks to lure people in. To observe me and think I'm a thug who will physically fight for a book of jokes is shocking.
I've met some weird people around Greys Monument but that woman and her clan? Fuck them.

Oh no - I've just remembered a local vicar we had in our village - Father Richard. Otherwise known as Dick the Vic. Total creep who fucked any man he could and is banned from many pubs. He's banned from one pub in Blyth for insisting he rode his bicycle through the pub and around the pool table - this isn't a rough pub it's an 'eatery' type pub.

Best stop. Heart's racing. I do not like religion of any form.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I despise the idea it is something special that you can't criticise in case you upset some religious dick head.

Look at the use of the word Islamaphobia. The slightest derogatory statement and you are accused of it.

It's on par with racism in the minds of the appeasers and PC cretins.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My earliest memory of religion was growing up on an army base in Germany. Every Sunday the whole Regiment would attend a religious service. When I say the 'whole' Regiment I actually mean half of it because the other half was in NI. It seemed like most weeks the Colonel would announce that somebody had died, and this announcement would be followed by a rousing rendition of 'Onward Christian Soldiers'. Following this the kids were forced to attend what they called 'Sunday School' which was being stuck in a room with an old lady and being forced to listen to bible stories and colour in pictures of white men with beards in the middle-east, where very few white men would have been at that point in history. This was intended to reinforce the perception that white equals good and dusky equals bad, even for little kids.

It all seemed a tad silly to me, particularly the formalised sing-song after a death and the white v brown indoctrination. I have never trusted religion since...

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:49 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I group them into two types. Most of them are sort of social religionists, they just like going to church and chatting with people, and the focus on "the family". These are generally Christians and ultra moderates. Then you have the nut jobs. They selectively read the Bible and pick out stuff that suits their bigoted opinions about women and gays or whatever. The one question that really gets me is "how do you know there isn't a God?". What a stupid question. Any complex being is not likely to randomly come into existence, and if it didn't you have to explain its creation. Why would such a being even care what happened on Earth anyway? It's the God of the gaps. And if you claim there a God it's your job to prove it just like it's the eco warriors job to prove the sea level will be 10,000ft by next week if I don't stop flying.

Polarbear wrote:
I despise the idea it is something special that you can't criticise in case you upset some religious dick head.

Look at the use of the word Islamaphobia. The slightest derogatory statement and you are accused of it.

It's on par with racism in the minds of the appeasers and PC cretins.

If you criticise Islam then you will usually be accused of racist, even though it's a religion Laughing Islam is also incorrect, 100% incorrect.

Like in the media they always bash christianity but are very quiet when it comes to Islam. You can almost cut their fear with a machete.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:58 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Church Parade in the cubs was my first experience of organised religion. Immediately thought it was all bollocks then,
haven't seen anything in the 38 years since to change my mind. That said, I spent many happy years in the cubs,
scouts, army cadets and then venture scouts. Met lifelong friends there, but I could never get on with the religious brainwashing
you were subjected to while you were taking part. I am glad they have tried to move with the times and turn the sky fairy
crap down a notch or two.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we didn't have religion to cause wars, something else would take it's place.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:43 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
My earliest memory of religion was growing up on an army base in Germany. Every Sunday the whole Regiment would attend a religious service.

When I went through selection I was asked what my religion was, to which I answered atheist. The guy said "I'll just put CofE, it makes things easier".
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:56 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once got a lift to the shops off a religionist when I was studying in Edinburgh.

Heading down the hill to Cameron Toll roundabout he took both fucking hands off the wheel, clasped them in praying position, closed his fucking eyes and said "Dear lord, help me to negotiate this roundabout safely." then proceeded straight out into traffic without either looking or slowing down.

He'd abdicated all responsability for driving, he considered if he crashed it was due to lack of faith, not lack of following the rules of the road or looking where the fuck he was going.

Once we were safely installed in the carpark, I put it to him that perhaps god had provided him with a brain and two eyes in order to ensure he didn't crash his car. He looked at me like I was insane.

I walked home.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lone-Wolf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Re: Religion Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

I prey to Jesus that I dont go to heaven when i die.

Wotcha.

Am I the only one who sees this as the punchline ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

He'd abdicated all responsability for driving, he considered if he crashed it was due to lack of faith, not lack of following the rules of

Maybe he just thought it a good way to scare you.
If they all did that numbers would rapidly fall. Unless it works Thinking
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:24 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

Maybe he just thought it a good way to scare you.

It certainly was a good way to scare me. Driving straight out onto Cameron Toll roundabout without either slowing down or looking to see if anything is coming is a good way to scare anyone.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:35 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Church Parade in the cubs was my first experience of organised religion. Immediately thought it was all bollocks then,
haven't seen anything in the 38 years since to change my mind. That said, I spent many happy years in the cubs,
scouts, army cadets and then venture scouts. Met lifelong friends there, but I could never get on with the religious brainwashing
you were subjected to while you were taking part. I am glad they have tried to move with the times and turn the sky fairy
crap down a notch or two.

I was thinking about this the other day, how much religion we had in school, and it was a fair amount considering they were state schools. However the religious kids seemed to all get it from home. I do genuinely wonder what the religious uptake would be without the parental (or family) influence.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
If we didn't have religion to cause wars, something else would take it's place.

Resisting the urge to give you a Thumbs Down there. Instead I'll post this: https://youtu.be/7yBlU5aYfAg?t=7

Religion is all about divide and conquer, before you had the MSM to do that Wink I don't have a problem with people having a personal relationship with 'god', whatever they perceive that to be, however all the mainstream religions do more harm than good IMO.

Think about every shitty third world country, fairly religious right? In 'evolved' countries we've had enough people question religion to move things along, otherwise we'd still be praying to Jebus every time we get ill. Unfortunately as we keep importing people who believe in sky fairies we're going backwards Crying or Very sad

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfhC25AAxcc

Sums it all up for me.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfhC25AAxcc

Sums it all up for me.

I thought BCF hated atheists as well... is there anyone we don't hate? Very Happy

If I had to describe what I think god is then... https://youtu.be/x2YQJsbbWNA?t=6

I think that's the essence of religion, it's just been twisted by various groups for their own ends.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite enjoy talking with these kinds of folk. It's the easiest debate you can have. Most other types of discussion have agreeable points on both sides so you have to back-and-forth a bit, but religion is based on absolute fantasy so it's easy.

I once talked to a Christianity hawker in Reading. He gave me an anology for the existence of God. He said that the world is so perfect that it's like a brick factory blew up and all the bricks just 'landed' in the shape of a castle, therefore the planet is obviously the invention of a divine creator!

Also for those who were not aware, the UK has a small community of American-style evangelists too, the likes of which I truly thought only existed in America.

When I worked at Harrogate International Centre, we had an evangelist event come twice a year. I even saw someone I went to school with. Most shocking was the amount of old people showing full-scale batshit insanity. I tend to associate British old people as having certain stiff-upper-lip sensibilites that prevent them from really showing themselves up. When the event got going they all started acting possessed, gyrating around or writhing on the floor like they were gaining sexual pleasure from whatever invisible force they believed was in the room. Really weird to see.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:50 - 28 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I quite enjoy talking with these kinds of folk. It's the easiest debate you can have. Most other types of discussion have agreeable points on both sides so you have to back-and-forth a bit, but religion is based on absolute fantasy so it's easy.

I once talked to a Christianity hawker in Reading. He gave me an anology for the existence of God. He said that the world is so perfect that it's like a brick factory blew up and all the bricks just 'landed' in the shape of a castle, therefore the planet is obviously the invention of a divine creator!

Also for those who were not aware, the UK has a small community of American-style evangelists too, the likes of which I truly thought only existed in America.

When I worked at Harrogate International Centre, we had an evangelist event come twice a year. I even saw someone I went to school with. Most shocking was the amount of old people showing full-scale batshit insanity. I tend to associate British old people as having certain stiff-upper-lip sensibilites that prevent them from really showing themselves up. When the event got going they all started acting possessed, gyrating around or writhing on the floor like they were gaining sexual pleasure from whatever invisible force they believed was in the room. Really weird to see.

Harrogate must be a scammers paradise given how many old folk hang around the place.
I think those evangelists do tours of the country too?

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:56 - 28 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has just reminded me about another strange religious experience I had..

It was near Greys Monument in Newcastle (again). I was approached by a bloke wearing an orange dress and sporting a bald head - a Buddhist. He asked if I had a minute to spare and I thought why not. He proceeded to lift a sheet af cardboard up which had 4 different images on it. He asked me which image looked the best. I paused and pointed to one of them. With that he bent over and reached into his simple woven shoulder bag and pulled out a religious magazine.
"That'll be two pounds" he said.
I was flabbergasted. He'd only asked which image looked best!! Cheeky crazy twat.
Religion definitely brings in a big share of oddballs.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:09 - 28 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love cathedrals and churches. I love going and exploring them, marvelling at how some stonemasons, with no lifting gear, built these amazing buildings.

I would happily donate to their upkeep if it was just to their upkeep but you just know a fair whack is syphoned off for running the church rather than just the building fabric.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 28 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I love cathedrals and churches. I love going and exploring them, marvelling at how some stonemasons, with no lifting gear, built these amazing buildings.

I would happily donate to their upkeep if it was just to their upkeep but you just know a fair whack is syphoned off for running the church rather than just the building fabric.

Isn't it funny; it took the thing we all hate - religion- to get these built. Perhaps their upkeep should all be taken on by English Heritage and/or The National Trust - the cathedrals at least.

Now what do we build? Glass and steel monuments to the god of money. And they're all so boring. Although, I must admit, in certain light, the skyscrapers of the big cities can look quite impressive, but they'll never match the detailed gothic stonework and soaring spires of a cathedral for sheer beauty, and never mind the stunning decorativeness of the interiors.

There are some skills we should never have allowed to disappear, but I wonder what it would cost to build such now? Kings of old virtually bankrupt entire nations to build their castles once upon a time, but an intricate cathedral must have been at least as expensive - relative to size, I imagine far more so.

Anyway, what motivation, what use could we possibly have for such constructs today?

I think I was born in the wrong era Sad
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 28 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I think it was about 10 years ago we went to York, and admission to the Minster there was about £15 each Shocked

Quote:
It costs £23,000 a day to run York Minster

Laughing

Round here they knock schools down for being expensive to run Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 91 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7