Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New year's eve.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: New year's eve. Reply with quote

Anyone going out and about, pubs, parties, etc?
I haven't been to a new year's party since the millennium.
A lot of the time I don't even bother staying up to see the new year in.
Might sound a bit grumpy but I don't subscribe to all the new year new start new you bollox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:03 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babysitting the grand daughter so eldest daughter can go make an arse of herself. Laughing

Wifie has gone to a line dancing social. She said I could go but would be bored which is wife speak for 'I'm going on my own you miserable cvnt, you can stay home' Thumbs Up

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Re: New year's eve. Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Might sound a bit grumpy but I don't subscribe to all the new year new start new you bollox.

Not me. I am about to go out though to visit me ol' mum who is banged up in a care home, 'cos I bet no-one else will. If you have never visited these places you won't know how bloody awful they are. Had I not got this duty, I'd probably go to the pub (IF no "entrance fee") and drink. As it is, if I am back by midnight, I will drink St. Peter's "Black IPA".

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:31 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 31st of December today, isn't it?

For me, 2018 is best forgotten, and 2019's not looking set to be particularly spectacular either, so no celebrations here Crying or Very sad
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Re: New year's eve. Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
recman wrote:

Not me. I am about to go out though to visit me ol' mum who is banged up in a care home, 'cos I bet no-one else will. If you have never visited these places you won't know how bloody awful they are. Had I not got this duty, I'd probably go to the pub (IF no "entrance fee") and drink. As it is, if I am back by midnight, I will drink St. Peter's "Black IPA".

I've been fortunate in that respect, Mum and Dad both passed away years ago without the need for care.
Anyway, enjoy your tipple.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireworks have been going off around my way since about half seven, luckily the dog is oblivious.

chickenstrip wrote:
It's 31st of December today, isn't it?

For me, 2018 is best forgotten, and 2019's not looking set to be particularly spectacular either, so no celebrations here Crying or Very sad

2018 was ruined for me by my old dogs passing, a real shit time.
I'm looking forward to taking the new mutt to some new places and away on holiday, so that's something.

Polarbear wrote:
Babysitting the grand daughter so eldest daughter can go make an arse of herself. Laughing

Wifie has gone to a line dancing social. She said I could go but would be bored which is wife speak for 'I'm going on my own you miserable cvnt, you can stay home' Thumbs Up

You can't even get tanked up! Unlucky.

Last edited by recman on 21:58 - 31 Dec 2018; edited 1 time in total

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:56 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on being the same bastard in 2019 that I was in 2018 so God help you all.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might pop down to the local gin-palace at 23.00 tonight. Depends who's on Graham Norton and Jools.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I'm planning on being the same bastard in 2019 that I was in 2018 so God help you all.

That won't get you banned, you'll have to up your game.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm staying in as normal..

As for new years day, just another day off...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:20 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on surviving another year without a wiper. Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:20 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

yfpos

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad miserable sods. I'm having the time of my life posting on you tube and puss Jotter Shocked
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a nice day, Lovely dog walk, followed by a nap on the sofa. Then a roast beef dinner with all the usual trimmings.
This evening watched "The first purge" and we are now watching The final Resident evil movie. Few beers drunk, smoked a
few bowls of the herb, only gripe is it will be a night on the sofa because the dog has already heard fireworks (@7pm FFS!)
and hasn't took a leak since about 5pm because she won't go outside. I'm guessing she can smell the gunpowder. So I'll
sleep downstairs tonight so if she needs to go she can wake me. Might stick the PS4 on for a bit and see if my mate Dave is
online tonight for some GTA online. I've got a few hours left in me yet, had a good 3 hours kip after walkies. Happy New Year all!!

ocatoro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually have our old uni friends over for heaps of food and drinks. we saw them all at the weekend so have taken the opportunity to have a quiet one this year and drink champagne in peace Smile

it's been a pretty shit year among some fun bits which were all shit attempts to feel better but then things righted themselves in time for christmas and next year is looking bright

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:08 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.
I'm alone today. I've had a really shit year and the new one will continue the shitness.
I'm ok but do need to get out and get bladdered. I'll do it some time over the next few weeks.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked up till 11pm, watching Madness on telly box now.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:53 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: New year's eve. Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Anyway, enjoy your tipple.

Thank you. I am having a bottle or Kumala Reserve from Lidl at the moment, and when I hear loud noises somewhere outside I will send a multi-recipient SMS and switch to black IPA.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:58 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Worked up till 11pm, watching Madness on telly box now.

for a moment I was worried there would be no Night Boat to Cairo.

Phew. Thumbs Up

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:49 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been sat in watching films and masking up two cylinder heads for a Stevo expert paint job. Laughing

Then it was pizza o'clock and a new bottle of Jack Daniels that needed opening. Thumbs Up

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:10 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long since got back from Hogmanay in Edinburgh, the Johnnie Walker street party was awesome, highly recommend it if you've never done it. Definitely won't be the last time i spend the new year up here.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:57 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got in from a cracking evening, happy new year all ..

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out early doors and back in for half seven

couple of beers in front of the tele and watched a very disappointing performance from, madness

gin and tonic to see the year in

off up shelsley walsh in a bit to walk the track
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 115 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2