Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Want to believe

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Want to believe Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6vAiyUIQog
I'm increasingly convinced the moon landings were hoaxed, or at least a lot of the grainy footage was not shot on the moon.

If we were going now it would be absolute cutting edge, I just don't think it was possible in the 60s with more or less 1950s tech.

Then again toward the end the youtuber launches into God mode Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not this shit.
There have been multiple landings and there are even mirrors placed on the moon that are easily verified as being there.

Focus on something worthwhile, you'll end up thinking the earth is flat soon.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they faked some of the footage, but they definitely were there, as Pjay says .

What is odd thought, the NASA tapes with footage of the Moon landing got destroyed/repurposed. I mean we do have written records of meaningless stuff that happened thousands of years ago, we have the very first audio recording from the 1870's (still functional and since then transferred onto different media) yet we destroy all the footage of the Moon landing?

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video shows some pretty crappy construction, you would think several $100m would buy better quality sticky tape.
But foil tape looked futuristic in 1969 ... so *shiny*

Last edited by doggone on 22:58 - 01 Jan 2019; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:58 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is just the outside insulation. It's not what makes it air tight. Also, have you ever seen a Made in America car, made for American market? Thinking

Do you at least acknowledge, that there are satellites and ISS flowing around the Earth? You may see them with your bare eye as well, at least some of them.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 22:59 - 01 Jan 2019; edited 1 time in total

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not on the moon, probably.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
The video shows some pretty crappy construction, you would think several $100m would buy better quality sticky tape.

It's more to do with it being what is needed. There is no atmostphere so there is no wind to blow it off. The construct had to be super light, not super strong.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
doggone wrote:

It's more to do with it being what is needed. There is no atmostphere so there is no wind to blow it off. The construct had to be super light, not super strong.

Exactly this. Lunar gravity is 1/6 that of Earth's and there's no atmosphere to cause friction heating. The LEM was as strong as it needed to be while remaining light enough not to present a payload problem for the Saturn V booster.

The missions and comms were tracked worldwide by many countries and radio amateurs not least the Soviets. All of the *scientifically evidenced* proof used to debunk the faked landing conspiracy theories aside, if the landings had been faked then that would have been a propaganda coup for the Soviet bloc - don't you think they might have trumpeted that far and wide?

Oh and Moon rocks. They're similar to earth rocks, yes, but billions of years of cosmic ray exposure and outgassing due to no atmosphere make them somewhat unique.

Fakery schmakery.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:49 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Not this shit.
There have been multiple landings and there are even mirrors placed on the moon that are easily verified as being there.

Focus on something worthwhile, you'll end up thinking the earth is flat soon.

Didn't you say you used to be a flat earther? Smile I thought the same that they left shit up there so it's easily verified.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Didn't you say you used to be a flat earther? Smile

No, I probably said my uncle was a member of the Flat Earth Society. He said it was a huge troll back in the day, but now it seems people actually believe it.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:32 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and no!

I do think some images are mock-ups but do also believe they went there (just) and that some images are genuinely of the moon.

The outer stuff - as has been said there's nothing up there to drag it off. No air. The only 'loads' put onto it will be impact from radiation of the odd random piece of space dust. The outer covers will also experience some loading as the craft changes speed and direction.
The outer bits mostly protect inner insulation. The shiny tape contains a lot of gold. Remember too that plastics were fairly primitive back then.
Darker shielding is more to stop heat from propulsion systems on that craft.
The sheeting probably was a form of card yes - it didn't need to be anything else.
Think about an immersion tank for a heating system - the outer insulation doesn't need to look pretty - it simply needs to insulate.
The ladders actually fastened to that down-comer. They couldn't omit insulation where it attached, otherwise what would be the point in insulating it at all. It's on like that for functionality.

Internally there will be a strong airtight chamber or two for the astronauts. Bolted to that will be various plumbing systems and electrical too. The plumbing/electrical will have protective insulation (for heat and cold) and also shielding from solar radiation - that plays havoc with electricals.
The whole thing will resemble an insulated cancerous tumour. If they landed with it looking like that (bumpy insulation everywhere) then upon takeoff or even when landing, the thrusters could well rip some away which would damage more insulation.
That shitty outer covering is sacrificial - it's designed to fall away if needed. Far better to lose sacrificial cardboard than to lose vital insulation for life support.

This isn't a good critical video of the lunar landings. I can't find it right now but there are indeed some far better channels.
Videos like this simply stir people up. Do you really believe his wife was called, came over and agreed with him about that corner piece? Nah! She'd be pissed off at his constant conspiracy shite and would mumble at anything he said, just so she could get some peace!!

I imagine I could make similar videos. Think about it - I could walk outside with my camera and record me walking in a street and looking at manhole covers. I could then claim that there are lots of new ones but see that triangular one over there? See how it was recently lifted?? Yeah that's because we all know the Illuminati and triangles and symbolism all go together - Dark side of the Moon for example - Pink Floyd are Illuminati etc. Yeah that triangular cover is where the lizard people go to unmask and moisten their green skins. Triangular manhole covers are a separate network of connective tunnels and London has lots etc..
(actually I might make a bullshit video of that!!)

I'm not taking the pee op - just saying that sometimes we need to stand back a little and think about why things are made a certain way that's all.
A video I'd not seen.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A recent development seem to be quite convincing indications that the rover we were regularly shown was in fact the same one 'used' repeatedly over several missions.
That is, a lot of the footage was on earth probably at a landfill/quarry near Flagstaff.
This isn't to say they never took one to the moon but perhaps filming it was technically challenging so they used a lot of clips recorded during the tests before.

Another convincing problem area is the shape of hills behind, which are identical when they are supposed to be at different locations.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not say identical, but very similar which is expected in a place, where there is no wind, nor rain to shape the landscape.

I do agree though, some of the footage might have been done on Earth and it would make perfect sense. The space race was the most important part of the non-military propaganda the US had.

Have fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT3ferYrmgU Thumbs Up

To sum it up: ''The bad science at work''
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:23 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone close to the project ever cast doubt on the Moon landings (genuine question)? I think faking 'evidence' and faking the whole thing are two very different things. Lots of seminal photos have been staged over the years.

I personally found it disappointing to learn the Hubble telescope was for years taking black and white photos and they were applying whatever filters looked pretty.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Has anyone close to the project ever cast doubt on the Moon landings (genuine question)? I think faking 'evidence' and faking the whole thing are two very different things. Lots of seminal photos have been staged over the years.

I personally found it disappointing to learn the Hubble telescope was for years taking black and white photos and they were applying whatever filters looked pretty.

No, they haven't and it was a huge project involving a lot of people. Take from that whatever you want... Razz

BTW. the Hubble still shoots monochrome - the filters are used to add the colour as with the majority of astrophotography. You can buy OSC (one shot colour) cameras, but serious astrophotographers use mono cameras and a filter wheel - a lot of them use the so-called Hubble palette.

https://www.almadenobservatory.net/Color_Imagery.html
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Russians would have proven it to be fake if they could have.
They cant because we landed there. It really is all you need as proof.

You can bet the Russians pumped a shit ton of money into debunking this, but they couldn't. That's proper trained scientists.

These chumps on youtube mostly work regular jobs or are unemployed.
There are the odd professional people on there, but they are usually oddballs or people that have had their interviews cherry picked.

That's the thing with conspiracy nuts, they will completely disregard a ton of facts pointing one way, but use the tiniest shred of evidence (oh look some cheap tape) to disprove it.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ This.

It's the same with the flat Earthers - the majority know fine well that the Earth is round but go out of their way to create scenarios and lies to make flat Earth sound plausible. What happens is the more uneducated see one of those videos and don't have the brains to realise it's all made up. The original lie spreads like wildfire through 'thick channels' of likeminded people.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:14 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still people who say the moon landings were a hoax?! The thing is, I can't see what good it does to claim they didn't happen, especially today when we've had missions that have explored and photographed all the way out to the outermost reaches of the solar system, studied the planets in close-up detail and all the other things they've achieved. Is that all a hoax too? We can, if we wanted, go and see the rockets being launched - there have been plenty of them. All this expense...for what reason if it's all a fake? Is the whole scientific community a hoax? Hell of a fake, considering the size of it, the number of people who work in it, the achievements and advances it has all given us. And what incredible imaginations they must all have! They should be celebrated for that alone! Imagine doing the best, most complicated work and research you will ever undertake in your lifetime, and it'll all never actually get used! How disappointing that must be, and yet thousands of highly intelligent people waste their whole lives that way. And no one even said they had to!

Now, what have the naysayers ever actually achieved? Nearly 50 years later, and they still haven't proved they're right Laughing

So yeah, what actual use is it to cry "fake"?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:37 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

People tend to want to belong and tin foil hat society is just like any other ''hobby'' group. Religion works for the very same reason.

I agree with Pjay, if the Moon landing was fake, Russians would find out. Mind you, there were no more capable and better suited people with all the necessary resources (money) on the Earth than Russians, during the Space race. Some, and I agree, would even say that Russians won the Space race. In the long run, at least.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:18 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Some, and I agree, would even say that Russians won the Space race. In the long run, at least.

They achieved all the firsts except for the moon landings iirc. They even apparently built a better space shuttle before the Soviet Union collapsed.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/05/04/12/3FED8CF000000578-4473172-Eerie_photographs_have_emerged_showing_how_USSR_era_space_shuttl-a-58_1493896973438.jpg

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:47 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
Some, and I agree, would even say that Russians won the Space race. In the long run, at least.

They achieved all the firsts except for the moon landings iirc. They even apparently built a better space shuttle before the Soviet Union collapsed.

Yes, they have. That thing on the picture had fully autonomous landing and not only that, when the conditions were not perfect, the computer would abort the landing procedure and tried again. The American counterpart was just a plain glider, it couldn't fly.

Also, MIR, ISS, Soyuz, ... Thinking

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
That thing on the picture

I'm sure it's no coincidence that the bodies of the US/Soviet versions are near identical: I can't believe both countries simply developed theirs independently

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
That thing on the picture

I'm sure it's no coincidence that the bodies of the US/Soviet versions are near identical: I can't believe both countries simply developed theirs independently

Confused Obviously it's copy, it's just interesting they made a superior copy.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 85 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12