Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Want to believe

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:29 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
That thing on the picture

I'm sure it's no coincidence that the bodies of the US/Soviet versions are near identical: I can't believe both countries simply developed theirs independently

They did explain this with the need to accelerate the development. Otherwise those two are completely different machines. There is a documentary on youtube somewhere, in English, explaining the whole thing. Looks may be deceiving.

In the meantime: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buran_(spacecraft)
There: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLOCQw5s9Uw (not the video I was looking for, but good enough)

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:17 - 04 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Confused Obviously it's copy, it's just interesting they made a superior copy.

Standing on the shoulders of giants. Isn't that the Human Race way.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:06 - 04 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
M.C wrote:

Confused Obviously it's copy, it's just interesting they made a superior copy.

Standing on the shoulders of giants. Isn't that the Human Race way.

Maybe although quite often copies are inferior, but I get from a development point of view why you'd build on someone elses work.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:04 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moon is a strange thing. I firmly believe that there are anomalies and strange objects on the surface as well as under the surface. Same for Mars. The moon is just not right in my mind, how perfect that we only get to see one side...coincidence or by design?

I subscribe to Secureteam10 on YouTube, so maybe check out the many videos he has, it might change how you feel about space, aliens and conspiracies.

Anyway, check out this video about a hollow moon, just one of many ideas about the moon that pose too many questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkSX68ZXUgg

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:46 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the USSR space shuttle, it made me wonder why the Russians engineer in such a different way - was it the MIG29 that still used valve based technology vs microchip to be EMP proof?
Is it because the US shuttle was built by the lowest free world bidder, while the USSR shuttle was built by the best comrade engineers?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
The moon is a strange thing. I firmly believe that there are anomalies and strange objects on the surface as well as under the surface. Same for Mars. The moon is just not right in my mind, how perfect that we only get to see one side...coincidence or by design?

I subscribe to Secureteam10 on YouTube, so maybe check out the many videos he has, it might change how you feel about space, aliens and conspiracies.

Anyway, check out this video about a hollow moon, just one of many ideas about the moon that pose too many questions.

Nothing that strange about the Moon. Have a read of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_locking

That'll explain why we only get to see one side, although that's not strictly true either. Due to an effect called libration, we get to see around 59% of the Moon's surface over time.

As for strange objects, the only strange things on the Moon are the remains of the Apollo missions (including retroreflectors, seismometers, flags, lunar rovers, scientific experiments and the Hassleblad chest mounted cameras used to take the various photographs) plus other probes and rovers.

As for the Moon being hollow, that one has been well and truly debunked by the results obtained from the various seismometers on the moon showing that it has a crust, a mantle and a core. It has also been debunked by moment of intertia measurements obtained by lasers bounced off of the various retroreflectors. The values obtained show a body with a density that is radially constant.

It's less dense than the Earth at 3.3gm/cm3 compared to 5.5gm/cm3, but that's easily explained by the way the Moon was generally thought to be formed i.e a collision between a proto-Earth and Mars-sized planetary mass (Theia) in the very early stages of the formation of the Solar system.

In short, Science: 1 Conspiracy theories: 0 Razz

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
That thing on the picture

I'm sure it's no coincidence that the bodies of the US/Soviet versions are near identical: I can't believe both countries simply developed theirs independently

I suppose it's a bit like Concordski - yes, it looks like the Russians stole Concorde plans but I saw a programme with a supersonic aero engineer saying that with the same goals, carrying passengers, there would be very little difference between any comparable sized SS aircraft - physics just doesn't allow it.

I would expect the shuttle to be the same.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:29 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been told lies by various governments for years, what would be different about lying about UFO's or strange objects seen in NASA photos before they whitewash everything out. NASA don't want us to know, think of the revelation of knowing we are not alone in the universe. It would cause life as we know it to change completely. Not all UFO sightings can be debunked, not all strange anomalies on the moon, Mars or sightings of objects moving in space in a non-linear way can be debunked.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we'd entered an era of science and enlightenment so it's depressing to realise that conspiracy theories are the new religions. Expect a war between the flat-earthers and the hollow moonies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:00 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
NASA don't want us to know, think of the revelation of knowing we are not alone in the universe. It would cause life as we know it to change completely. Not all UFO sightings can be debunked, not all strange anomalies on the moon, Mars or sightings of objects moving in space in a non-linear way can be debunked.

We spend billions searching for life on other planets, why would they cover it up? Unless the prospect of finding bacterial life is more exciting?

Most UFO sightings have been military/experimental aircraft, obviously they aren't gonna shout about what they're working on, and it probably helps if people think its...

https://www.quickmeme.com/img/7c/7ce0f2258293ef3c81a0978ff3a3dfd4e109f2852b924144d893e5706a3198e1.jpg

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck me, we've got a live one.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
Think of the revelation of knowing we are not alone in the universe. It would cause life as we know it to change completely.

Most sane and intellectual people accept that there is more than likely to be other life in the universe. Also, please remember that NASA are not a global police on all things space. There are many scientists and astrophysicists the world over that have nothing to do with NASA.
It really grips my shit when consipiracy turds spout shit about NASA covering stuff up (with no actual proof about it) when NASA are an American agency that are not even run by the government. Sure they government have funded a lot of their projects, but so what? They are scientists. They are people that want to further our species.
Unlike these fucking morons that make youtube videos about hollow moons and even worse the cretins that watch with interest.

This isn't the 1500's fella, the reason your smartphone is in existence is because these guys know and understand. Trusting the wrong people has made you into that guy people laugh about from across the room, with your wacky stories about reptiles running the banks and space monkeys on mars.

Get a grip ffs.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:23 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Most sane and intellectual people accept that there is more than likely to be other life in the universe.

Oh yeah I don't doubt that, what I doubt is that they're flying around like the Jetsons and we're being kept from learning of their existence.

For all we know there might be another world far far away having the same debate, this is probably the tail end of one of Tef's messages: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46811618

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
For all we know there might be another world far far away having the same debate, this is probably the tail end of one of Tef's messages: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46811618

Well yes, they are not exactly amongst us.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:18 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
For all we know there might be another world far far away having the same debate, ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHJjrKmGp8A Thinking

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So tell me about one or more of these lunar anomalies... Laughing

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:33 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather believe in Luna anomalies than a faith/god based lie.

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:27 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:

Why not simply believe in science?

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:

But given that everything you have concerns about can be explained by science.... Doesn't that mean that you are ignoring the science and relying on "faith"??

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from that, the lizard people are actually real.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:

Ok, first thing I do when checking out these people is follow my own set of rules of ascertaining credibility. I mean you dont want to be taking advice on the world from someone taking psychoactive meds, right?

Anyhow rule number 1, are they taking meds? = Seems not, cool.
2, Do they have a professional background in the subject field? = Nope.
3, Are they obviously making money from this, through Patreon or DVD sales? = Yes.

So the lad automatically fails 2 of the 3 criteria for me to give him credibility. Not a great start, but I shall watch this video on the moon and come back with my findings. I must warn you though, nobody has ever recovered from a 2 out of 3 failure.

Good lord, it's a terrible video made by someone that just wants to believe.

His 'facts' are indeed facts, but not how he is sharing them to be proof of a hollow or manufactured moon.

His main two arguments are that the moon 'rang like a bell', so must be hollow.

https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2006/15mar_moonquakes/

Yes you could argue that NASA are trying to cover it up, but the problem with this, is that the NASA claims are the source of his claim.

Then he says the Uranium 236 found on the moon proves it's manufactured.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Lunar_radioactivity

The main thing he is struggling with is the fact that the moon shouldn't exist, and he's right it shouldn't. Moons are normally dragged into their planets orbit due to them being drifting in space as smaller bodies caught up in the gravitational pull of their host. Our moon however was formed from a huge collision of a large body hitting our earth billions of years ago, meaning the moon was actually part of earth and never had the velocity to escape our gravity pull.

This is a very sound theory and answers the questions regarding its creation and position in our orbit. Yes there are the questions that we still dont understand fully, but they don't disprove the theory, it's just a lack of understanding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant-impact_hypothesis

So we have one bunch of scientists giving us a nice theory that the moon was created from an impact with earth that checks out well with other scientists and is widely regarded as the answer to its creation. On the other side is a bunch of other non specifics that have offered a view that the moon could be a hollow construct with any manner of things inside, including frames and mechanical structures, without offering any proof of this, or theory of why and how this happened, past saying it was done by Aliens!

I'm sticking with the old guard here. The moon isn't hollow.

Last edited by Pjay on 11:27 - 11 Jan 2019; edited 2 times in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:59 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
Aside from that, the lizard people are actually real.

For sure, the Queen is their leader.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:47 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's 18mins of my life I'll never get back. 🤣

People that believe this shit should be sterilised.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:06 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
Well there's 18mins of my life I'll never get back. 🤣

People that believe this shit should be sterilised.

I like the way the video is entitled 'Proof The MOON Is A Hollow Artificial Satellite?'

He's a pro, he knows putting 'Proof' at the first word will guarantee hits and income. The question mark at the end is his safety net.

He offers no proof at all, just a misunderstanding of facts/physics/geology.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 97 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12