Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Want to believe

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:21 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
But you have no proof either.

Proof of what? I am not making claims. I am merely stating there is a lack of proof, so why come to any conclusion?

Chinaboy wrote:
You just don't like the idea of admitting that there 'could be' alien life.

I am pretty certain there is. You not reading all the facts, is why you think so skewed.

Chinaboy wrote:
You take the word of people who would willingly try and debunk an idea as that is the preferred thing to do by people like you and governments around the world. Make the person look small because he doesn't believe all he's told to believe. You take the word of a DNA scientist, who had been paid off enough to rough ride over the real evidence and pick and choose the points that would make the world think the Atacama humanoid is a human fetus.

Yes I take the word of a DNA specialst when they test for DNA. Who am I to trust instead a Content provider on a digital media platform?

Chinaboy wrote:
I don't take medicine I don't need it. But funny how you have to name call when someone disagrees with your perfect ignorance.

I am perfectly ignorant, yet you are the one that fails to answer my question about how aliens can get here from hundreds of light years away and how they can even look humanoid?
I have studied anthropology, read a lot of books on the cosmos and particle physics. I take time to read the details and I am Ignorant?

I just need more than what you can provide me.
Don't you find it odd that not one person can produce anything other than a blurred video or an anecdote? Don''t you find it odd that most UFO sightings and footage seem to be of a time when there were few cameras around? Everyone has a camera now that can do 1080 video, and oddly the only clips that come out nowadays are laughably poor.

Look, I know you think you are right, but question things more and get to the bottom of things. Don't make your mind up based on half truths. There is no shame in saying 'I don't know'.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:01 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Pjay wrote:

Proof of what? I am not making claims. I am merely stating there is a lack of proof, so why come to any conclusion?

Not strictly true and a point I brought up, but you brushed off. You're denying these are aliens without any proof. Whilst I agree with you, there is an element of you only needing proof for things you don't agree with, but take your opinion as fact with no proof needed.

It's a bit one sided.

It may well be one sided to need conclusive and repeatable proof for me to believe, but that's how science works.

I am not a man of faith.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:

But you have no proof either. You just don't like the idea of admitting that there 'could be' alien life. You take the word of people who would willingly try and debunk an idea as that is the preferred thing to do by people like you and governments around the world. Make the person look small because he doesn't believe all he's told to believe. You take the word of a DNA scientist, who had been paid off enough to rough ride over the real evidence and pick and choose the points that would make the world think the Atacama humanoid is a human fetus.

Y tho?

What motive do the world's governments have for concealing the existence of extra terrestials?

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
Chinaboy wrote:

But you have no proof either. You just don't like the idea of admitting that there 'could be' alien life. You take the word of people who would willingly try and debunk an idea as that is the preferred thing to do by people like you and governments around the world. Make the person look small because he doesn't believe all he's told to believe. You take the word of a DNA scientist, who had been paid off enough to rough ride over the real evidence and pick and choose the points that would make the world think the Atacama humanoid is a human fetus.

Y tho?

What motive do the world's governments have for concealing the existence of extra terrestials?

I suspect aliens have probably visited us on multiple occasions and decided that we're all a bunch of arrogant arseholes who aren't worth dealing with.

ಠ_ಠ

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:54 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

FretGrinder wrote:
I suspect aliens have probably visited us on multiple occasions and decided that we're all a bunch of arrogant arseholes who aren't worth dealing with.

What BCF?

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:31 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy,

You haven't answered my question yet.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
Chinaboy,

Sorry,

Global panic, global meltdown of religion as just two examples. Think about how we are conditioned to think that all alien life is destructive, nearly all we know about alien life comes from the movies and science fiction, and generally all want to kill us or use us in some way.

What happened when Orsen Wells made the broadcast in 1938 in the US? You think that wouldn't happen again?

I think there are several reasons why we are kept in the dark, and this is why I refer to Steven Greer a lot. He is only asking global Governments to be transparent. If there is nothing to hide, then why do they spend trillions hiding things?

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
duhawkz wrote:
Chinaboy,

Sorry,

Global panic, global meltdown of religion as just two examples. Think about how we are conditioned to think that all alien life is destructive, nearly all we know about alien life comes from the movies and science fiction, and generally all want to kill us or use us in some way.

What happened when Orsen Wells made the broadcast in 1938 in the US? You think that wouldn't happen again?

I think there are several reasons why we are kept in the dark, and this is why I refer to Steven Greer a lot. He is only asking global Governments to be transparent. If there is nothing to hide, then why do they spend trillions hiding things?

Don't you think its great that the aliens keep landing and getting captured quickly by the men in black, before the public can tell the world?

They should make a film about that.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:00 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay you probably know this already, but you're wasting your time arguing with conspiracy nuts.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Pjay you probably know this already, but you're wasting your time arguing with conspiracy nuts.

Why am I a nut? isn't also believing in a God to be 'nut' worthy? How many billions of people do, with absolutely no proof whatsoever Rolling Eyes

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:29 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
M.C wrote:

Why am I a nut? isn't also believing in a God to be 'nut' worthy? How many billions of people do, with absolutely no proof whatsoever Rolling Eyes

You've answered your own question there Wink, conspiracists 'believe' with very little or no evidence, often ignoring counter evidence... just like religious people.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
M.C wrote:

You're a nut because you believe the governments are all in cahoots, withholding information about aliens.

The governments in the real world are spending trillions on searching for life on other planets. Seems an odd thing to do if you have warehouses full of aliens and their ships. Or maybe they are just spending all that money to stop us being suspicious? It's not working though eh, you're onto them my old Chinaboy.

Don't let me get in your way in your search for the truth, but remember, trust no one.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I know, but I have the slim hope that they just question things a little more next time, instead of blindly believing some anecdotal evidence of a man sat in his bedroom on youtube.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:16 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:

Sorry,

I think those are two pretty weak reasons, the world is a different place to what it was back in 1938. TV was bearly even a thing back then now we can watch events across the globe live in 4k hd, we can even see images beamed back from the depths of space from the various projects we've sent there.

As for film and tv portraying aliens as hostile and dangerous, well i can thing of a few tv series and films over the years that have not only portrayed them as living peaceful with humans but in some cases being benevolent.

I think certainly in developed countries we are pretty well equipped to deal with the possibility of an alien encounter.

As for religion, have you ever spoken to a religious person, they'll just claim that <insert prefered diety> created the alien or that it was their will

I'd find it far plausible that a government might want to keep it under wraps for strategic reason, been the first to leverage alien tech or whatever

Last edited by duhawkz on 18:06 - 12 Feb 2019; edited 1 time in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:46 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
M.C wrote:

I know, but I have the slim hope that they just question things a little more next time, instead of blindly believing some anecdotal evidence of a man sat in his bedroom on youtube.

Conspiracy nuts don't evaluate theories like a rational person, it's absolute belief in whatever Alex Jones or whoever are saying. As I said it's a religion in itself.

Most of it seems to be a confidence scam anyway, again like religion, they'll have a shred of interesting information to lure you in, then a whole load of baloney to sell you.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you believe in anecdotal evidence? Many people have been put to death over 'just' anecdotal evidence.

Anyway, i am not stupid enough to believe in every nut with a story Pjay, and why you have to belittle Steven Greer and say "a man sat in his bedroom on youtube" I don't know? It's only because you refuse to listen to his talks or understand what he is saying and boldly believe all you are told in the media. At least I question what I am told as I can see a bigger picture.
Why would leading scientists, astronomers, military personnel, airline pilots and a whole host of other professional people stand up and be counted with their stories? oh wait! they must be nuts right?

Look at this link, many 'professional' people recounting their "anecdotes" they are all nuts remember... all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SDisclosure/videos

scroll to towards the bottom for the Witness Testimony videos.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
boldly believe all you are told in the media.

Far from it Pal, I believe very little the media has to say.
I do however believe scientific papers. They are under immense scrutiny from their peers.

Oh, that doctor that was called a liar by his dinner guests, for making up bullshit they had said? Yes, I don't believe him, he's a confirmed liar.

I wont be watching a youtube video that you post sorry. There is literally nothing short of a personal meeting with an alien for me to believe they have ever been here. I have explained that it's impossible for them to reach us, due to their distance from Earth, I would be wasting my time watching a youtube video of people claiming they have been probed.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greer claims to be in contact with extra terrestials, if that truly was the case he could just asked one to pop down for a chat or hover above time square on a Saturday afternoon, to remove all doubt.

If all he was interested was exposing the truth there would be no better way of doing it. Instead he is makes money selling disclosure dvds and CE5 sessions and smart phone apps for contacting aliens.

We live in a world where a child in rural india can become a internet sensation faster then I can cook my tea, there are countless mobile apps such as whatsapp and telegraph that offer e2e encryption to the extent that the security servies are trying to force developers to add back doors into them so they can intercept terrorist communication, because they can't currently crack them.

Surely Greer and co could film an alien encounter on a smart phone in glorious hd and share it to whatsapp or some other encrypted app safe from the prying eyes of the government.

Why hasn't he or one of the people who've been to one of his CE5 sessions done that? I'd want to record it if I saw an alien or even an alien space craft or any other kind of ufo

Greer could if he was a) capable of contacting et. b) actually interested in exposing the "truth" and not in it make money out of believers

None of what you're suggesting stands up to even the slightest bit of scrutiny.

Last edited by duhawkz on 23:41 - 12 Feb 2019; edited 2 times in total

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

In biology/ecology introduced or invasive species (or races) have always made themselves apparent in a big, troublesome way. We'd better hope these extra-terrestrials don't find us, nor we find them. I can't seeing it ending well!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:45 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
I have explained that it's impossible for them to reach us, due to their distance from Earth, I would be wasting my time watching a youtube video of people claiming they have been probed.

You've "explained"? By regurgitating the opinion it's impossible to go faster than the speed of light? The same used to be said about heavier-than-air flight, by very intelligent and well educated people. Opinions that are products of current knowledge, prevailing culture and mob-mentality dynamics.

How about if this reality IS an 'illusion', a 'simulation'? If it is, in fact, nothing more than a program constructed by consciousness (for whatever reason) it stands to common reason it can be 'hacked' or have an 'admin tool' activated where the 'speed of light' is nothing more than a few lines of code amongst [insert number here].

I became aware a long time ago there are levels of 'awareness' in people and few of them are alterable once attained by a certain age (like concrete setting). Once a person has 'gone off' it's lights off too. Lol. A little over one hundred years ago you'd have been mocked if you'd imagined a Jumbo Jet. Now it's light-speed travel. The goal posts are constantly in motion. Meanwhile various alien civilisations have achieved different levels of technology and appear in places like this in physical form (level 7 out of 10) while older/cleverer ones do it OOB (level 9).
Regard the 'known' size and age of the universe. Do you seriously think there aren't countless advanced civilisations out there that haven't achieved the ability to run around it like we do in a computer game? Rhetorical question. You're still at "The air will be sucked out the carriage and everyone will suffocate".

Which is fine, until you start abusing and mocking anyone who's a couple of levels beyond you. Wink

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:54 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:

You've "explained"? By regurgitating the opinion it's impossible to go faster than the speed of light? The same used to be said about heavier-than-air flight, by very intelligent and well educated people. Opinions that are products of current knowledge, prevailing culture and mob-mentality dynamics.

How about if this reality IS an 'illusion', a 'simulation'? If it is, in fact, nothing more than a program constructed by consciousness (for whatever reason) it stands to common reason it can be 'hacked' or have an 'admin tool' activated where the 'speed of light' is nothing more than a few lines of code amongst [insert number here].

I became aware a long time ago there are levels of 'awareness' in people and few of them are alterable once attained by a certain age (like concrete setting). Once a person has 'gone off' it's lights off too. Lol. A little over one hundred years ago you'd have been mocked if you'd imagined a Jumbo Jet. Now it's light-speed travel. The goal posts are constantly in motion. Meanwhile various alien civilisations have achieved different levels of technology and appear in places like this in physical form (level 7 out of 10) while older/cleverer ones do it OOB (level 9).
Regard the 'known' size and age of the universe. Do you seriously think there aren't countless advanced civilisations out there that haven't achieved the ability to run around it like we do in a computer game? Rhetorical question. You're still at "The air will be sucked out the carriage and everyone will suffocate".

Which is fine, until you start abusing and mocking anyone who's a couple of levels beyond you. Wink

https://i.imgflip.com/1qnnkd.jpg

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:

Just show me the proof, I'm open to new ways of thinking, I really am.

I'm into science, I really am. I even own a few microscopes. I just need some proof.

You may think you're all smart as hell for your matrix construct ideas, but no youre not, I had those thoughts some 40 years ago. You have just seen the film and tried to expand.

I am very aware that our understanding of science changes, but you have to prove it, for it to be accepted.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:31 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Just show me the proof, I'm open to new ways of thinking, I really am.

I'm into science, I really am. I even own a few microscopes. I just need some proof.

You may think you're all smart as hell for your matrix construct ideas, but no youre not, I had those thoughts some 40 years ago. You have just seen the film and tried to expand.

I am very aware that our understanding of science changes, but you have to prove it, for it to be accepted.

Empiricism. The sworn enemy of the conspiracy theorist. Laughing

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Empiricism. The sworn enemy of the conspiracy theorist. Laughing

Smile

No more than sense is though, to be fair.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12