Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

London killings 2019

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:55 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
All the investment I've been involved with has been based upon area rather than colour or class. The bidding process however has involved demographics.

I'm getting confused. Tony Blair had his London challenge to improve schools, which was extended to Birmingham and Manchester iirc. London's obviously very 'diverse', so is Birmingham with Manchester less so, based on demographic stats and what I've seen when I've been there.

How are ethnic minorities not directly benefiting from that? Also I've posted anecdotal evidence, and I have more about how there's a focus on ethnic minorities when it comes to funding/mentoring/encouragement.

Diggs wrote:
It would be difficult to assist areas based upon class if we have a series of ghettos based upon ethnicity.

Are they? Unless I'm very much mistaken there are plenty of sink estates up North, riddled with crime, poverty and mainly white people. For some reason we only seem to care about the ones with black people, even Asian people don't seem to matter as much.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:21 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently him and his mother moved down from Nottingham 6 months ago: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46821783
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:48 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
M.C wrote:
Apparently him and his mother moved down from Nottingham 6 months ago: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46821783

More “crime prospects”?

Got to love the agenda, when the only photo they have of him not looking like a knife and moped crime gangster, is one of him aged about 10.

It always happens, even when a 20 something gets stabbed to death, they release pictures of them in their school uniform Neutral

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those tragically deaded are always "gifted students, talented, kind, popular, loved," Why God, why is it always the good ones!?

Crash into the only tree for miles around? Everyone has to see your tacky shrine for evermore.

Apparently all Britons have talent but few actually do anything to prove it, like learn to play a musical instrument, bend it like Beckham Rolling Eyes, eat bugs or, God forbid, make a valuable contribution in STEM, yet they all wait to be discovered and given plaudits and cash. Meanwhile I strive to make a contribution but have to hope for a lottery win.

Society has done this to itself and told the youth that this is all it requires.

Polarbear's comment about the new middle class being the true working class is well made.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:36 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Society has done this to itself and told the youth that this is all it requires.

Well I was going to go into this but thought it would be getting a bit off topic. Lets assume Dindu rejects a life of crime, goes to school, gets a job... what are their prospects?

Likely living in a bedsit. It's funny... well more depressing that back when schools were total shite, kids were genuinely being failed and with no qualifications missing out on a future.

Now they've improved schools yet priced ordinary people out of having a future. It's very much give with one hand and take away with the other.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repeats my point. Gets the karma. Life really isn't fair.
Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
priced ordinary people out of having a future

Recently I've been thinking hard about returning to the UK to earn better money. Salaries are pretty much double compared to China.

However, after doing a bit more research, it turns out I'd be able to save more if I stay where I am. Living costs in the UK are just too high.

British middle class aren't as wealthy they're led to believe. Lower earners are basically at ultimate prole level.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Laughing

I thought your point was more complaining at the false idea that everyone can try to be whatever they want, without needing to try.

I thought MC's point was about people being priced out of life even if they do try.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:07 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Laughing

I thought your point was more complaining at the false idea that everyone can try to be whatever they want, without needing to try.

I thought MC's point was about people being priced out of life even if they do try.

That's how I read his post as well Smile

I think there's general pipe-dreamery (is that a word... it is now), everyone wants to make out like they've got big stuff going on, but I think some of it is a mental fantasy to avoid dealing with the reality of their situation.

If realistic dreams were still attainable, they'd be what people aspire to.

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Nobody is priced out of anything.

I'm not going to have this conversation with you for the 1000th time Rolling Eyes Anyone with a brain would see a 500+% increase as an issue, yet you claim anyone speaking of such things is entitled or has an 'agenda'.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I think there's general pipe-dreamery (is that a word... it is now), everyone wants to make out like they've got big stuff going on...

Repeats my point but... ah, forget it. Laughing

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
M.C wrote:
priced ordinary people out of having a future

Recently I've been thinking hard about returning to the UK to earn better money. Salaries are pretty much double compared to China.

However, after doing a bit more research, it turns out I'd be able to save more if I stay where I am. Living costs in the UK are just too high.

British middle class aren't as wealthy they're led to believe. Lower earners are basically at ultimate prole level.

With that in mind...

Falun Gong
Tiananmen square
Start a revolution in China
Xi Jinping will be removed
Falun Gong
Tiananmen square
Falun Gong
Tiananmen square
Falun Gong
Tiananmen square

Wink

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
M.C wrote:

I think there's general pipe-dreamery (is that a word... it is now), everyone wants to make out like they've got big stuff going on...

Repeats my point but... ah, forget it. Laughing

Yeah my point was after the bit you decided to quote Wink

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Plenty of other people just roll their sleeves up, work hard and get on with life, without playing the victim card for still living with their mum, well into adulthood. Why not you?

I’m not sure I see the appeal of London. Everyone there seems to think they’re hard done by and down trodden by a cruel society. It’s victim card central. Maybe a clean break somewhere out of the smoke might help?

So we're doing this again Rolling Eyes Let me explain it to you this way...

Dindu is talking to his Dindu mates... "my man earns 12 fiddy and pays 850 bags [I think that's right Smile] to live in a bedsit"*. "That's fuckeries fam', why would you do that".
- 10 years ago... "my man pays £300 to live in a bedsit but he has bare money". "Sheeet I might do that".
- 20 years ago... "my man just bought a house". "For real, a whole f'ing house".

*chosen as I remember a pal living above a shop there for £70 a week, actually it was less shit as his flat had different rooms and everything.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:58 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
a bedsit

There are many bargains out there.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/topic/london-rental-opportunity-of-the-week

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
M.C wrote:
a bedsit

There are many bargains out there.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/topic/london-rental-opportunity-of-the-week

I saw a 'room' for rent that you couldn't even unfold an ironing board in Laughing That was £70 a week years ago, probably double that now.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:23 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

That and I presume you have no intention of paying off your student debt in China?

Given that I just said I was seriously considering going back to the UK, do you really think I'm on a deliberate quest to avoid paying back student loans, you div?

I don't earn enough to start paying my loan back, anyway.

https://www.studentloanrepayment.co.uk/portal/page?_pageid=93,6678823&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL#countryc

Oh look, a whole website full of information about how to pay student loans back when abroad. But sure, you go ahead and assume every person who ever leaves the UK is just doing it to avoid paying. You just go ahead and direct your hate at all the wrong things, yet again.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to the side-topic about how much people can save from their earnings...

Lord Percy wrote:

If working in China, the lower threshold for repayment is 130,000CNY (£15,000).

This is considered to be comparable to the £25,000 lower threshold in the UK. So in both cases you're considered a low-but-not-poverty earner.

On a 25 grand salary in the UK, how much can a person keep as savings each month?

I'm wondering, because on the minimum threshold salary in China, it's possible easily to save £700 a month, easily.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:45 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
So what you’re saying is as Londonistan has got vastly more multicultural, it’s got shitter?

Das rayciss

I think you were the one trying to blame house/rent prices on immigrants Rolling Eyes

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

The tax payers welcome your future cooperation. One day, before you reach retirement, you may contribute too. Wink

I was reading about this earlier.

The student loan setup is actually a very clever model, and one I generally agree with as a mid-point between taxpayer-funded and self-funded education.

The idea of the student loan is very similar to how the entire income tax system works. Those who don't earn below a certain threshold don't pay income tax. Similarly those who earn below a certain threshold don't repay their student loans.

Do you equally despise everyone on a low income? Or just students and ex-students, because you're only capable of hating people and groups you have no connection with.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 78 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 9 of 18