Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

London killings 2019

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 08 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If alcohol's the root of all evil, why is crime/stabby/etc. rocketing DESPITE pubs being closed?
Cheap booze?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:21 - 08 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
or the state is buying a lot of the housing stock

Since when? They just pay an absolute fortune to rent former council properties off private landlords.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:57 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

When one demographic moves in and treats pubs and drinking as blasphemy, there is only one way things are going to go.

Luton was the worst I've seen in recent years. Every single pub withing spitting distance of the football ground was closed down as the clientele were gradually pushed out of the area and replaced with people with a hatred for alcohol and pubs, who try to create alcohol free zones.

Oh fuck off already with your bullshit. The area I live in has a minority population that much in the minority they'd probably get chased out with pitchforks, yet the pubs have been decimated locally.

You just can't blame anyone but foreigners, can you?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
mpd72 CPT wrote:
or the state is buying a lot of the housing stock

Since when? They just pay an absolute fortune to rent former council properties off private landlords.

He's talking out his arse like usual. And he won't back it up with proof, like usual.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:03 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Exactly..So where are all these who are moving in getting the money from for these houses?

Not from 'the state', do you seriously think the government is buying 500k flats for immigrants to live in? Eh?

mpd72 CPT wrote:
20,000 houses a year in my town and no obvious signs of an increase in job creation. So where is the money coming from? The state maybe? Who's buying the houses and with what?

Developers are forced to build x amount of 'affordable' housing, and begrudgingly do, Blair's brilliant idea was that housing associations would provide social housing, although they're all about profit which's why in London you get 1 bed Peabody properties being rented out for £1000 p/m. I'm sure he'd be proud Neutral

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
No, but they're paying over the top rents to private landlords for them. I presume housing associations receive state subsidies don't they? As an aside, the local council where I am are actually buying back council houses, not many, but they are spending my tax money buying housing which will never get repaid in my lifetime through low rents.

I just said that Confused It's a problem created by your right wing politics, if they didn't sell off social housing, or built more, they'd be no inflated private rental market, and the housing benefit bill would be a lot lower.

Have you done the maths on someone living in a 'free house'? It's well over 100k over 20 years, seeing as hardly any social housing has been built over the last few decades they were paid off years ago, you can claim they're all gimmedat benefit scroungers but a) that's actually cheaper than housing them in private accommodation and b) back when we had lots of social housing ordinary working families were regularly housed by the council.

mpd72 wrote:
My point is serious though. The majority of people moving into all these new flats here seem to be ethnic minorities. A walk around the town centre during normal working hours shows the level of multiculturalism which has crept in over the last 5 or so years. With no job creation, where are these 20,000 + extra people a year getting their rent money from? If they were all commuting to London, there would be more trains or carriages being put on. There aren't. If anything 6 carriages less an hour are now used on the fast train to London.

Your point refutes your own point. If whitey is being forced out by immigrants getting a free house, why are you getting ethnic minorities moving in where you live? Surely that means everyone is being forced out? Kent is merely overspill now the poor bits of London have become hideously expensive. You'll be getting a lot more btw Wink

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:35 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Are you pretending Blair, Brown and Miliband never existed and only the Tories sold off council housing stock?

Blair was basically a Tory, and I blame him as well probably even more so than Thatcher/Major, as he also encouraged immigration whilst not building any council housing and continuing to sell it off.

Brown stopped right to buy. Assuming you mean Ed' Miliband he was never elected? Confused

mpd72 CPT wrote:
And it will take 50 years to pay back a £250K house to the tax payer. Or 25 years for a private buyer to pay it back, not costing the tax payer. I'll never see my tax money returned in my lifetime for the council houses my council is buying with my money to subsidise others.

250k? It doesn't cost 250k to build a house, the majority of council housing was built cheaply decades ago. I also believe councils buy back properties sold under RTB at a discounted rate, for those who bought flats on rough estates it's probably their only option.

I agree it's a total waste of money but I'm of the opinion they shouldn't have sold them in the first place.

mpd72 CPT wrote:
I never said anyone is being forced out where I live. I said an extra 20,000 houses/flats a year are being built and mainly populated by ethnic minorities and Gimmedats.

If these people were working, it's a mystery to me because no extra expansion for travel for commuters to London have appeared and no increase in local job creation from what I can see. The government, with the wanker Damian Green as our MP, is bribing the council to build these flats to house all these fresh imported citizens. Our town has been picked as a town of "development" to be ruined by out of control immigration.

Neither did I, you were talking about white flight from London, which's according to you is due to being priced out by immigrants, whilst also complaining about the influx of immigrants in your area.

It's poorer people being priced out, hence why they're turning up on your doorstep.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnp72 wrote:

So you've been to Luton have you?

Have you fuck. You have no idea what I'm talking about. We spent over an hour driving around trying to find a pub near the ground. Every single one was closed down and the area around the ground is now almost exclusively Muslim.

Have you ever watched the documentary where Stacey Dooley goes back to Luton where she grew up to see how it had changed?

Enlighten yourself before stabbing at the keyboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2nlIfn8tNA

"UK Burn in Hell!"

Read what I wrote. Break it down into small sentences. Have a rest in between.

What's the excuse for the pubs shutting in my area? I'll give you a clue, it's nothing to do with religion. That's why you can't answer.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

When one demographic moves in and treats pubs and drinking as blasphemy, there is only one way things are going to go.

One demographic HASN'T moved in, and the same thing has happened. So why?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and the RTB was brought in by the Tories as part of the bail out from the IMF.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:40 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
M.C wrote:

Blair was basically a Tory,

More like the Tories are more like a Blair Labour government than a proper right of centre government.

M.C wrote:
250k? It doesn't cost 250k to build a house,

It does where I live, which is where I'm talking about. The house itself may only be around £100K to build but the house but the land is usually around £150K a plot.

M.C wrote:

Neither did I, you were talking about white flight from London, which's according to you is due to being priced out by immigrants, whilst also complaining about the influx of immigrants in your area.

I've talked about both.

M.C wrote:
It's poorer people being priced out, hence why they're turning up on your doorstep.

The people moving to the 20,000 new flats in my town are not poor white cockneys, I can tell you that for sure. Much like the influx in London, the majority are Asian and EU immigrants.

Have you asked them where they're coming from? With the land issue I think councils are being urged to look at brownfield land.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownfield land is more expensive to develop than greenfield land because first one has to remove whatever is on it that causes it to be classified 'brownfield', typical examples being filled-in cellars, chemical contaminants etc.

The Government has tried to encourage development of brownfield land for years now via the planning system, but in a masterstroke of hypocrisy removed the Derelict Land Grant which was designed to bridge the difference in development cost between brown and green.

I won't bore you too much, but the current position is stated in Chapter 11 of this Document:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-planning-policy-framework--2

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:28 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why they love building on green belt.

Not knowing much about planning etc. Couldn't they offset the cost of cleaning up the land against profits?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant more fresh off the boat or coming via other parts of the UK like London. Anyway yes back on topic...

The figure, from NHS England, reveal a 54% rise in the number of children and teenagers treated for injuries from knives over five years.

inb4 Trump give them all guns Thumbs Up

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Which is why they love building on green belt.

Not knowing much about planning etc. Couldn't they offset the cost of cleaning up the land against profits?

At the moment the cost of cleaning up the land is borne by the developer. Most developers operate as Ltd Companies, so the cost of cleaning up is a business expense. The profit margin on development remains however as the cost is bumped onto the end-user or purchaser. This is part of the reason why property in this country is so expensive compared to much of Europe. It is also why really poor areas need things like the RDF in order to regenerate - something we will lose when we leave the EC.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 11 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacey Dooley is rasis Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 47 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18