Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit. Can anyone explain this?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:10 - 08 Apr 2019    Post subject: Brexit. Can anyone explain this? Reply with quote

What is the craic?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:20 - 08 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Thinking

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:09 - 08 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we need is a thread dedicated to the whole rollercoaster of a subject.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:30 - 08 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF is going on with this thread?
Are you drunk?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:18 - 08 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's wee beige jobby.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 08 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a referendum to decide whether we want to discuss an option of having a yet another Brexit thread.

Then asking Korn to delete that thread later on and act like it never happened...

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 09 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parliament dont want it, so it's not gonna happen

We can all go back to killing the nhs even more and banning anything that brings light to life
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:07 - 11 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that we need a New Brexit Thread.

It will clear up any doubts about leaving/staying in the E.U.

Let's ensure the thread is replete with facts and conjecture. (Any rasis information and personality disorders should be accommodated.)

If you disagree, PM admin Ste. 👍

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 11 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going back to a anarcho-syndicalism, makes more sense than all this Brexit bollocks.

If you want me I'll be the one behind the barricades with crayons.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:54 - 11 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Since no one is listening to anyone anymore, everyone should have their own personal Brexit thread that only they can post in.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:31 - 11 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
MCN wrote:

Since no one is listening to anyone anymore, everyone should have their own personal Brexit thread that only they can post in.

Do you mean no one listens to anyone @bcf, The Hooses o' Parliamental or in general?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:02 - 11 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of the belief that when they offered the referendum, they thought good old UK apathy would prevail.
When it didn't and they realised that public opinion was strong about this topic they have kept it in the news
for three years, accomplishing absolutely nothing during that period until everyone is sick of it all and
doesn't care anymore. Then they can proceed with Project Globalise without further hinderance from those pesky
voting scum. Tory is going to get a very LOUD message in the upcoming locals.

Meanwhile I'm looking at liquidating my portfolio because the likelihood of Corbyn getting in has never been greater
(some fucking how but mainly down to the shower of shit Tories) and folks like me with lots of houses will be first in his
crosshairs. He's too dense to realise that whether I own it or someone else does, it's still a home to someone he subsequently
won't have to house via social housing. I'll just have to tie it all up in a mansion on a hectare or two. Cheers May,
you were never up to the PM role you lucked it into. Woman to do a mans job and all that.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:44 - 12 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
I’m not sure Labour are doing too well in the polls either.

I’ll be voting for anything but Lab/Lib/Con in our locals in 3 weeks. I’ll be spoiling my separate parish slip as all this is, is a double taxation scam from the local Tory council, so at a time they were restricted by government at a 3% rise, the sneaky feckers railroaded in a parish council and upped local taxation by 33%, enabling them to charge twice for many services.

My town now gives council tax back to central government and in return, the town is turning into the government’s dumping ground for 20,000 new build flats being filled with immigrants and scumbags each year. Still, at least it’s making more room for the metropolitan elite in Londonistan.

They did that here about 8 years ago mpd. Be very very careful and have the f*ckers when they try sh*t on everyone.
Basically what happened up here was we had a large borough council. That borough council did a lot of dodgy sh*tty moves and government were onto them. From grass cutting to land purchases, inspectors were sent to investigate.
Some sort of 'agreement' on a higher level was done. The old borough council was to be disbanded and a whole series of parish councils started. Long story short every single one of those dodgy old council people made new beds within the many parish councils. The rot remains..
There was a 3 year overlap of borough and parish and where you need to be vigilant: A lot of services were paid for twice. Examples include parks and recreation, street cleaning services etc.
In a large meeting I called my new parish councillors out on the parks and recreation. I asked why both councils were being paid to do one job. Residents at that meeting hadn't been aware and went nuts! Councillors ended up walking out.
That 33% rise is something I've recently spotted too.

Off topic. Just saying!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:11 - 12 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not rely on election results to sort stuff out.
There are far too many electorate who know as much or as little as the politicians do.
It is a total gamble what happens.

1975 the English (not my numbers) were tripping over themselves to get into the EU.
30 years later they're in a mad rush to get back out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_2016_United_Kingdom_European_Union_membership_referendum

It won't make a hoot of difference to tax payers. The same shower of cnuts will still be calling the shots.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:39 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
MCN wrote:

1975 the English (not my numbers) were tripping over themselves to get into the EU.

..Which was formed almost 20 years later in 1992?

The Common Market was hardly the same thing as the Federal Superstate we're now trying to escape from.

"Comparison of results in 1975 and 2016 referendums. This map uses darker shades of green to show stronger support for UK membership in the European Communities or Union, and darker blues to show stronger opposition."

I know it was not called the EU but they never exactly moved Europe to set up the EU.

The EU is the natural progression of the European Common Market.

What we have 'allowed' it to become is the electorate's responsibility.
We elected the MEPs by our choice of MPs. Not many people supervise what the person they elect does after the vote is cast and counted.

How many people actually give a real valid shit about who represents their interests in the EU? (Until it's on national news.)

This mess was not something that happened overnight.

We have let our garden grow wild for too long.

defblade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:01 - 14 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://newsthump.com/2019/04/11/tv-fans-delighted-as-brexit-renewed-for-another-season/

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:45 - 14 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

What we have 'allowed' it to become is the electorate's responsibility.
We elected the MEPs by our choice of MPs. Not many people supervise what the person they elect does after the vote is cast and counted.

The real power in the EU are...
Quote:
EU commissioners on the other hand are proposed by national governments and selected by the president of the European Commission.

Who you notice are not elected by the electorate....

Quote:
The Commission plays a vital role in the EU. It is the body which proposes new legislation, draws up the EU's annual budget and manages and supervises EU funding. The Commission consists of 28 members, one from each member state.

Its president is nominated by the national leaders and then elected by the European Parliament by majority vote. Based on member states' suggestions, the Commission's president selects 27 other members of the Commission for a five-year period, each with a specific policy portfolio.

Link from pro remain BBC...

So no one who actually votes for MEP gets a say in who are the real power in the EU.
MCN This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:08 - 16 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
SMS in its finest.

Get out of my thread.

I do not need your input.

You are the only person who regularly tries to throw their weight around on here but get all Bawwtistic
when the other kids hit back.

Put your crayons in the box and go stand in the corner until you learn how to behave.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 348 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1