Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:36 - 09 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

white noise
https://i65.tinypic.com/rkao37.jpg

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:43 - 13 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I like being mansplained to. I have an innate need to learn new stuff. How else do you learn stuff if someone doesn't explain it to you.

That's not to say I understand it the very first time. You might have to mansplain it several times before I get the hang of it. Laughing Its not cos I'm not listening, its more likely cos I don't quite grasp the concept. Eventually I'll get it, until then, listening to men rumble on about ... whatevs ... is one of my favourite things.

Hence the Elvis Costello song. oh wait a minute no that was Girls Talk. Maybe you should get your spoons out and do a Hellkat version Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:23 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I like being mansplained to. I have an innate need to learn new stuff. How else do you learn stuff if someone doesn't explain it to you.

That's not to say I understand it the very first time. You might have to mansplain it several times before I get the hang of it. Laughing Its not cos I'm not listening, its more likely cos I don't quite grasp the concept. Eventually I'll get it, until then, listening to men rumble on about ... whatevs ... is one of my favourite things.

At the risk of Mansplaining:

Mansplaining is where a man explains something to a woman present just because she is female. If the explanation is required or requested, then it's just explaining.

A lot of what is called mansplaining is explaining but women take offense. Similarly manspreading is an issue for women, but it's also an issue for smaller guys like myself who invariably have to sit next to a fat and/or lanky fella on the train who insists on doing a full hard stretch of his hip flexors so my legs have to be in the aisle to be struck by any trolley or luggage that goes past. I've noticed that a lot of what women explain as being intimidated or physically pushed out by men also happens to small men too. I've heard more than once that when women go into a bar and they are intimidated by the hundreds of tall men surrounding them that this is some sort of sexist thing. It really isn't. It's a sizeist thing. Tall men are bloody intimidating!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:58 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Similarly manspreading is an issue for women, but it's also an issue for smaller guys like myself who invariably have to sit next to a fat and/or lanky fella on the train who insists on doing a full hard stretch of his hip flexors so my legs have to be in the aisle to be struck by any trolley or luggage that goes past. I've noticed that a lot of what women explain as being intimidated or physically pushed out by men also happens to small men too. I've heard more than once that when women go into a bar and they are intimidated by the hundreds of tall men surrounding them that this is some sort of sexist thing. It really isn't. It's a sizeist thing. Tall men are bloody intimidating!

A not-fat friend does that and I am taller than him. Either he has a massive cock (he's black Very Happy), although his lack of success with the ladies suggests otherwise, or its just a weird comfort/inconsiderate thing.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:18 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
A not-fat friend does that and I am taller than him. Either he has a massive cock (he's black Very Happy), although his lack of success with the ladies suggests otherwise, or its just a weird comfort/inconsiderate thing.

Some people do, but in my experience it's an alpha type thing where people are less likely to do it if another man of similar stature sits next to them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
M.C wrote:

Some people do, but in my experience it's an alpha type thing where people are less likely to do it if another man of similar stature sits next to them.

Jesus fucking wept. I walk into a pub, go have a drink. letch at the prettiest ladies and never get hassle from big, little, old, young or anyone.

What's wrong with you soft fuckers?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:26 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Mansplaining is where a man explains something to a woman present just because she is female. If the explanation is required or requested, then it's just explaining.

A lot of what is called mansplaining is explaining but women take offense. Similarly manspreading is an issue for women, but it's also an issue for smaller guys like myself who invariably have to sit next to a fat and/or lanky fella on the train who insists on doing a full hard stretch of his hip flexors so my legs have to be in the aisle to be struck by any trolley or luggage that goes past. I've noticed that a lot of what women explain as being intimidated or physically pushed out by men also happens to small men too. I've heard more than once that when women go into a bar and they are intimidated by the hundreds of tall men surrounding them that this is some sort of sexist thing. It really isn't. It's a sizeist thing. Tall men are bloody intimidating!

Dont blame us (tall people) because public transport is designed for dwarfs! Cant you go sit in the luggage rack? Im sure if you asked nicely a proper sized person would give you a leg up. Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:33 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Are you including me in this? I'm only intimidated by my black mate and his huge dong Folded arms

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:17 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Ohhhhh, I see. Yes, now I understand why women get their tits in a tangle about it.

A similar thing is the guy who swears and then goes "Pardon my French, luv" ... Rolling Eyes

I used to respond by putting on my most antipodean accent possible and going "That's fuckin alright, mate". But now I just mentally add them to a certain subculture of maledom that probably intersects in a Venn Diagram with Mansplainers.

Laughing Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:34 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Tall men are bloody intimidating!

They don't grow that way on purpose, you know Laughing

I was in a pub once with my fella ( 6'6" gorilla shape) and we got to the bar, but he stood back so I could wriggle to the front. The guy I ended up standing next to smiled at me fraternally, and then glanced at my fella, and said something jokey like "Make a bit of room for the alpha male" ... THEN ... he saw my fella's cut off, got all embarrassed and started to apologise. I still can't work out why, cos my fella was doing the "jocular, oh yes mate never heard that one before" thing that goes with his lofty territory regardless of whether he's patched up or not ... it was proper embarrassing.

Still, they're useful when you want a book from the top shelf. Cool
And they usually have a decent arse on them.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:44 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
A similar thing is the guy who swears and then goes "Pardon my French, luv" ... Rolling Eyes

I'm guessing it's not the luv bit you object to, but one thing I've noticed is that I often get called darling by (particularly older) female shop assistants. The other way round wouldn't that be a bit Tut Tut

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:28 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not like people that I do not know being overly familiar with me.

When I had long hair, many years ago now, women of a certain age (seniors) would sometimes touch my hair at random, usually in shops. I really did not like it.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:46 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like older women are the real sex pests hellkat Folded arms

Nah with me it's cos I look young (I wish I was Crying or Very sad), so they probably think they're saying it to someone in their early 20's.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:37 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Short guys get hassled by pissed up insecure men. Usually on the short side themselves, and normally look like they might suffer from 'roid rage. People have tried to start on me on a number of occasions now. It's just become something that happens.

Also, when you go to a gig or festival, you can't see jack.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Short guys get hassled by pissed up insecure men. Usually on the short side themselves, and normally look like they might suffer from 'roid rage. People have tried to start on me on a number of occasions now. It's just become something that happens.

Also, when you go to a gig or festival, you can't see jack.

Peculiar. So I don't get hassle because I'm tall then?* I never realised this sort of thing happens to short guys, as I never had an urge to behave that way to them myself - not just cos they're short, anyway.

Probably helps that I don't generally go to places where there'll be lots of pissed up, insecure men Wink Wherever those places might be Confused

Or do some people just generate some kind of aura that says "pick on me", tall or short?

*It might be because I look like Frankenstein's monster with all my scars, and they're just scared shitless Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:04 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Or do some people just generate some kind of aura that says "pick on me", tall or short?

Round barrel under each arm man started on me at the flipping Isle of Wight festival. Peace and love my backside. I personally used to generate that aura, but not so much now. My Kung Fu instructor is quiet and short but supremely confident, and if you seem threatening to him his face does not exude victimhood, to put it mildly. He has had many people start on him without knowing who he is or what he's capbable of. He just laughs at them and lets them get on with it.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:44 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

How short are you Marjay? Everyday aggression is a tricky one, personally I don't want to change my character to deal with the small number of arseholes. For example at work one guy who I was originally alright with used to push me (not literally) to see what he could get away with saying, had I not left that job he'd have ended up with a knife in his neck... Wub

I guess it's kindness mistaken for weakness, people assume because you're not bolshy and aggressive that you don't have that side of your personality Thinking I see it as their problem, if you misjudge a dog you don't know, tease it and it goes lockjaw on you it's your own fault.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:58 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
How short are you Marjay? Everyday aggression is a tricky one, personally I don't want to change my character to deal with the small number of arseholes. For example at work one guy who I was originally alright with used to push me (not literally) to see what he could get away with saying, had I not left that job he'd have ended up with a knife in his neck... Wub

I guess it's kindness mistaken for weakness, people assume because you're not bolshy and aggressive that you don't have that side of your personality Thinking I see it as their problem, if you misjudge a dog you don't know, tease it and it goes lockjaw on you it's your own fault.

5 feet 5 and a bit. Not super short as it goes, but it turns out I'm in the range where it's acceptable to start on me. Shorter guys seem OK, and taller guys seem OK too. My teacher is 5ft 6 or 7 so I assume he's in the acceptable range.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:15 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm what's your build (creating a mental image Wub). I'm average height so taller than a lot of guys who look hard as f**k Smile Phil Mitchell... well the guy that plays him is only 5ft 6/7, I wonder if he gets started on much ('fame' aside).

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:17 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Hmm what's your build (creating a mental image Wub). I'm average height so taller than a lot of guys who look hard as f**k Smile Phil Mitchell... well the guy that plays him is only 5ft 6/7, I wonder if he gets started on much ('fame' aside).

Not bulky, let's put it that way. I used to be skinny but just kind of wiry now.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:21 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest that has a much larger bearing than your height. Weight gain 4000 now!

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:19 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I would suggest that has a much larger bearing than your height. Weight gain 4000 now!

I don't want to be triangle man/gym bro/musclehead, and I do train three times a week... It seems I am on the Ectomorph body type area of the venn diagram.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:54 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the same, and it kinda ties into what I was saying earlier about changing your personality, I wouldn't change my appearance (so beefcake) just to hopefully stop other men starting on me... even if it did help with the ladies Smile

I just remembered someone I know who's 6'4" iirc and fairly slight that reckons he gets started on a lot... cos of his height.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:04 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Sounds like older women are the real sex pests hellkat

I've been a sex pest all my life, dear.

Doesn't change just cos you get older.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:06 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worked out that younger people might seem like they think its disgusting that old people Still Do Sex, but what it really is ... is that they're jealous we thought of it first, and were doing it for DECADES before they were even born, let alone of legal age.
Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 73 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4