Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Men don't listen to women.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jun 2018
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:22 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
rabbit, rabbit, rabbit etc


Perhaps sir means "yap yap rabbit rabbit bunny bunny yap jabber rabbit" as in the song by the famous duo?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:01 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
The subconscious can handle you passing a cyclist and looking at a lorry on the other side, but if your missus talks to you at the same time, engaging the conscious mind, you'll probably miss it, or become distracted and leave a nasty red residue on the tyres...

LBC must have blood on their hands Crying or Very sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:40 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
MarJay wrote:
The subconscious can handle you passing a cyclist and looking at a lorry on the other side, but if your missus talks to you at the same time, engaging the conscious mind, you'll probably miss it, or become distracted and leave a nasty red residue on the tyres...

LBC must have blood on their hands Crying or Very sad


The radio is different, as it's totally possible to ignore it.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; American Iron: Buell XB12R; Track Hack: CBR600RR-8 Commuter Hack VFR800Fi-Y
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:51 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Men have better spacial awareness because they evolved via hunting.

Women evolved to find safety (from scary hunter sex pest man-apes) in large groups where social skills were more important, including the ability to listen to lots of conversations at once.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:14 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
The radio is different, as it's totally possible to ignore it.

What if you're a man and try to listen to the words?

https://media.giphy.com/media/xdnfWJFRpP8Eo/giphy.gif
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:46 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
rabbit, rabbit, rabbit etc


Perhaps sir means "yap yap rabbit rabbit bunny bunny yap jabber rabbit" as in the song by the famous duo?


You've only got to stop and listen for two minutes to realise there's a perfectly good reason we're wired for not listening to some wimmin.
My ex ( who also had me get my perfect hearing tested several times and cited not listening as one of the reasons in her petition for divorce Laughing ) could spout a 15000 word sermon which could be said perfectly eloquently in half a dozen words.
____________________
Microsoft are a bunch of c unts
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:26 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
You've got a girlfriend?


I amaze myself with the fact every day.


Missed opportunity. You should have replied, "What did she say?" Smile
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Moo.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:39 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I struggle to listen too more than one conversation at a time. Unsure if they have unrealistic expectations for hearing. Am I supposed to be able to hear her talking through 2 closed doors, over the tv and her music?
____________________
A2 Passed 18/6/10
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:46 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we need to listen to women anyway?
They should be in the kitchen making your sandwich Laughing Thumbs Up
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:52 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo. wrote:
unrealistic expectations

The downfall of any relationship Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:13 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo. wrote:
I struggle to listen too more than one conversation at a time. Unsure if they have unrealistic expectations for hearing. Am I supposed to be able to hear her talking through 2 closed doors, over the tv and her music?


Mine does that and then when I scream back 'what did you say?' i get the 'There's no need to shout at me' huff.

Mind you, she always said if I hadn't spent the beast part of 30 years of my life away on a ship she would have divorced me years ago.

I (mumbling under my breath) said 'so would I' Laughing
____________________
Triumph Trophy Launch Edition
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:19 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Mind you, she always said if I hadn't spent the beast part of 30 years of my life away on a ship she would have divorced me years ago.

[Rogerborg mode] How old are your children? Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:38 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

[Rogerborg mode] How old are your children? Laughing



Rog groomed you good! Laughing
____________________
My socks are on fire!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:42 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were in a cafe recently and i kept missing the first few words when she spoke because it was busy and i was very aware of the conversations going on around me. I wondered if the reason we may not hear in detail is because in some primeval way men are scanning the environment in a general way for threats?
____________________
My socks are on fire!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:29 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Rog groomed you good! Laughing

Groomed then discarded Crying or Very sad

Ribenapigeon wrote:
We were in a cafe recently and i kept missing the first few words when she spoke because it was busy and i was very aware of the conversations going on around me. I wondered if the reason we may not hear in detail is because in some primeval way men are scanning the environment in a general way for threats?

I was going to mention that but thought I had mansplained enough for one thread.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:30 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
We were in a cafe recently and i kept missing the first few words when she spoke because it was busy and i was very aware of the conversations going on around me. I wondered if the reason we may not hear in detail is because in some primeval way men are scanning the environment in a general way for threats?


No, you need a hearing aid you deaf c*nt. Rolling Eyes
____________________
Triumph Trophy Launch Edition
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:56 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I was going to mention that but thought I had mansplained enough for one thread.


If ever you get accused of mansplaining just politely correct her by informing her that, you are not "mansplaining" you are in fact Jedisplaining. Laughing
____________________
My socks are on fire!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:59 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:
We were in a cafe recently and i kept missing the first few words when she spoke because it was busy and i was very aware of the conversations going on around me. I wondered if the reason we may not hear in detail is because in some primeval way men are scanning the environment in a general way for threats?


No, you need a hearing aid you deaf c*nt. Rolling Eyes



Sorry i didn't quite get that. Laughing
____________________
My socks are on fire!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:23 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
in some primeval way, real men are scanning the environment in a general way for potential pussy


FTFY.

No way that can just be me, surely?! Laughing
Even if in my case it is pure fantasy these days Sad
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:14 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on a minute.
I thought men only "mansplained" things to women ...

Neutral Question

It seems to me that (for the most part) in this thread, you're mansplaining things to other men.
How does that work?
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Hang on a minute.
I thought men only "mansplained" things to women ...

Neutral Question

It seems to me that (for the most part) in this thread, you're mansplaining things to other men.
How does that work?

Are you assuming their gender? Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:23 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well.
Got nothing better to do.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Hang on a minute.
I thought men only "mansplained" things to women ...

Neutral Question

It seems to me that (for the most part) in this thread, you're mansplaining things to other men.
How does that work?


We Mansplain to each other all the time. We just respect each for it instead of another gender who complain about it.
____________________
My socks are on fire!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:44 - 09 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
I learned something very interesting when i did a Myers Briggs personality course. It might not translate to you if you're not an introvert...

Say there's a problem that needs to be resolved. An introvert will think through this internally, and after a while come up with their chosen solution, when a solution is reached, only then will they verbalise what they have come up with. Meaning the part of any verbal discussion you need to pay attention to with an introvert tends to be the first few sentences.

An extrovert will take a problem and talk through the thinking process, giving all sort of answers that the introvert would have dismissed through their internal thinking procvess, and finally coming to the answer after talking through all possibilities. Usually they reach the same answer as the introvert.

The not listening problem kicks in because an introvert is looking for the important info at the start of verbal discussion...once they hear that it's bollocks they stop seeing the conversation as valuable and stop listening, thereby missing the important part.

I have this problem with my wife. I automatically stop listening if it sounds like she's waffling. We have different processes. Problem is, even knowing this I still struggle to keep my attention on the conversation as I find it quite annoying listening to the working out section.

Not saying this is the only reason but it must be a big factor for a lot of people.


This. ^
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:48 - 09 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like being mansplained to. I have an innate need to learn new stuff. How else do you learn stuff if someone doesn't explain it to you.

That's not to say I understand it the very first time. You might have to mansplain it several times before I get the hang of it. Laughing Its not cos I'm not listening, its more likely cos I don't quite grasp the concept. Eventually I'll get it, until then, listening to men rumble on about ... whatevs ... is one of my favourite things.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: discovery (www) - Page Generation Time: 2.81 Sec - Server Load: 2.63 - MySQL Queries: 16 - CDN Objects: 54 - Page Size: 140.76 Kb