Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit diet

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:14 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Sister Sledge wrote:
That extra year allows a new political party to be created. The new party is run by Blair and some other 'interesting' people.

FTFY, (I'm semi-serious.) even though I don't like it.

I could tell that by the way you posted it in the wrong thread Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:15 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You spelt Bliar wrong.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:22 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Whatever happens, you're going to spend weeks eating Fray Bentos pies, tinned curry and corned beef hash made with Cadbury's Smash. Laughing

No, because she'll be a target for us the needy - she's already on the list, and at risk NOW.

Actually, it's very charitable of people to start all these new food banks Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You come on my land, I’ll shoot you.......

And eat you Twisted Evil

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:47 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea behind stealing is to steal things which are good, not to steal things which the owner will be sick of. Razz

I already know which houses around here aren't occupied all the time. I also know which houses around here I think are cannabis grow houses. Mr. Green

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
He stole it from somewhere. He's the modern day robin hood, steals from those who're pasta rich and gives to those who're penneless.

Ugh!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:56 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
You come on my land, I’ll shoot you.......

And eat you Twisted Evil

I think you have underestimated the size of the horde that will descend upon you Shocked

And in my case, you'd be choking and breaking teeth on plates, screws and other prosthetic modifications Laughing

Last edited by chickenstrip on 14:31 - 12 Jan 2019; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:01 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
The idea behind stealing is to steal things which are good, not to steal things which the owner will be sick of. Razz

Yes, I can see the starving mulling over stuff: "no, I won't take that because it's something they're probably sick of" Laughing

Eat my fill first, look for cream cakes later.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:53 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
That's the problem. I do think it is sensible to have a stock of non-perishable stuff to last a few weeks as things settle down, however the stuff I'm buying isn't stuff we'd normally eat.

Which isn't a problem if the doomsday scenario of food shortages actually happens, we'd (all) just be glad of what we had in that situation.

However, if nothing happens and we've stockpiled all this stuff for nothing, we're going to spend weeks eating Fray Bentos pies, tinned curry and corned beef hash made with Cadbury's Smash just to get rid of it and free up the cupboard space. Sick

And before anyone suggests that we donate it to the needy Middle Finger

No offence... which means I can say anything Wink but that's pure mouth-breather logic. There might be food shortages, so lets buy lots of food and make sure there are food shortages. Project fear is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
No offence... which means I can say anything Wink but that's pure mouth-breather logic. There might be food shortages, so lets buy lots of food and make sure there are food shortages. Project fear is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

None taken Smile

However, as yet there are no food shortages (that I know of) but, as discussed earlier, what if?

The decision we've taken means that if imported foods are stopped or delayed because of no deal in the run up to and post 29th March, there will be shortages of most things as people panic and buy substitutes for the things they cant get.

I've previously been involved in public emergency planning and it is accepted that things will break down VERY fast. There are news stories today about some of the major food retailers putting extra security in place in case of this very likelihood.

So by buying now, at least we wont have to join the seething hordes fighting over the last loaf of bread.

We live in rural Wales and stuff may take even longer to get here. It could be even worse for the local population. Fewer people to fight over stuff maybe but many of them have guns!

I'll take the ridicule if it all turns out to have been for nothing and our punishment will having to eat all this stuff.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:23 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa made some lorries park on a runway, we'll be fine Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:54 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news stories about supermarkets putting in extra security is yesterdays news. Razz

If there's a breakdown of society due to Brexit then you won't be able to get to the UK from Cyprus and even if you could, many people would question why anyone would choose to come to the UK at that point.

Project Fear is only going to be a self fulfilling prophecy if people worry about the "what ifs?"

barrkel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend you buy stuff you'd eat anyway.

We've gotten some deliveries in of basics like rice, dry pasta, tinned fish, tinned tomatoes etc. But that's for a 0.01% disaster scenario, very unlikely.

What's more likely is the price of many products will go up, and the distribution of produce available will change. The alternatives might be cheaper, they may be better or worse, on balance probably worse. Anything fresh relying on EU import may become scarce, unless it can be flown in. It'll be more expensive either way due to extra costs and scarcity.

If you need some medicine on a regular basis, I'd be much more worried about not having that available.

I'll be stocking up my wine fridge over the next few weeks.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:12 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrkel wrote:
I recommend you buy stuff you'd eat anyway.

We've gotten some deliveries in of basics like rice, dry pasta, tinned fish, tinned tomatoes etc. But that's for a 0.01% disaster scenario, very unlikely.

What's more likely is the price of many products will go up, and the distribution of produce available will change. The alternatives might be cheaper, they may be better or worse, on balance probably worse. Anything fresh relying on EU import may become scarce, unless it can be flown in. It'll be more expensive either way due to extra costs and scarcity.

If you need some medicine on a regular basis, I'd be much more worried about not having that available.

Yes, but you bought 4 SH300s. It's just habit with you Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:39 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can all joke about it but this is srs as I found out yesterday.
I dared to make a joke on the facebook Brexit thread that no food would mean less obesity and type 2 diabetes Thumbs Up

I was soon put in my place and informed that 21,000 people have committed suicide due to universal credit, which is my fault Surprised I wish i wasn't such a gammon.
Sad

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:45 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I was soon put in my place and informed that 21,000 people have committed suicide due to universal credit

So from a Tory perspective it works? Smile

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:53 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote a phrase from a dear departed legend

[citation needed]

If true, UC has killed nearly as many people as *******.

Surprised
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrkel wrote:

Why do you keep wine in the 'fridge?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently those figures came out on 14th from The Tories Social Services department.

Greater minds than mine have put me in my plaice (no plaice after Brexit cos no food innit).
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Why do you keep wine in the 'fridge?

As well as Red wine, there's this stuff called "white wine", which is best served chilled.

You surprise me. You come across as a Tennents or Special Brew kinda guy.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

winz wrote:
You surprise me. You come across as a Tennents or Special Brew kinda guy.

He doesn't know much about wine, anyway, by the sound. Laughing Not my problem.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 73 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3