Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Data tool won’t disarm?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tonyg1987
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:35 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Data tool won’t disarm? Reply with quote

So as it says in the title, the alarm on my motorcycle will not disable. The battery died after not being started for a few months and now after recharging the key FOB won’t activate or deactivate it. I’m almost certain that the problem isn’t with the fob itself as I replaced the battery not long ago. I suspect possible water damage to the data tool itself as it’s been laying up outside since October and has not been ridden. Of course it’s been covered up but I’m pretty sure those covers aren’t 100% affective when it comes to being water proof, condensation build up is inevitable during winters. So, anyway...when I attempt to turn the key in the ignition the alarm goes off, as do the indicators. Assuming that there’s an immobiliser built in because even though the dash lights up, the start/ignition button just won’t respond. Any help is appreciated so please respond if your knowledgeable with this sort of stuff. Can they be temporarily disabled internally? Or maybe even disconnected permanently from the bike. Really worried that this is gonna cost me loads of money that I haven’t got to get it fixed.

Thanks in advance

Edit: if it helps I’m pretty sure the version is data tool 4, the fob is black with a red triangle and circle symbol on it. Usually the circle turns off the alarm and the triangle is for service mode, but as I’ve said even though the fob is lighting up it has no effect at all on the bike

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:56 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Datatool.

We normally do not assist bike tea leafs.

Razz

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:03 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's anything like the Meta piece of shit, (that was removed after my first breakdown... and never had a problem since), I had to turn the key to get ignition lights, press the button on the fob for a couple of seconds, then switch it all off again.

That reprogrammed the fob for me, but then they are all different
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonyg1987
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:16 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Contact Datatool.

Razz

If there is a way I can prove to you that the bike is mine, please let me know and I will... but please don’t presume anything. I am not a theif.
I have already contacted datatool, they will not fix it as it is out of date and referred me to a local garage but I’d prefer not to pay £200 to get it fixed if it can be done at home.

Tonyg1987
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:49 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: spoke to my local Suzuki dealer( millennium bikes in St. Helens ) and the mechanic told me that it maybe that not enough charge is going through to the alarm, or it’s not been started in that long that the alarm battery is just dead. They told me they also can do much without having the bike in front of them which is a bit of a problem because without a van or a trailer, how do I move a motorcycle that won’t start 13 miles?

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to fix a DataTool alarm in 3 easy steps.

Arrow Remove alarm system restoring bike loom to OE standards.
Arrow Place alarm system on hard surface
Arrow Smash with hammer
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonyg1987
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:29 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
How to fix a DataTool alarm in 3 easy steps.

Arrow Remove alarm system restoring bike loom to OE standards.
Arrow Place alarm system on hard surface
Arrow Smash with hammer

So removal can be done then? I’ve said this previously on here that I am terrible with any sort of mechanics or electrical issues but my father is clued up on this stuff, a couple of years ago he had his divvy 900 stolen and they burnt out the full loom trying to start it...so he has some experience with re-wiring. Would it be as simple as looking at a wiring diagram, singling out the correct wire(s) for the data tool and just cutting them from the loom the sealing back up once done? Im hoping so because this would save a lot of money in the long run.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:56 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonyg1987 wrote:
Would it be as simple as looking at a wiring diagram, singling out the correct wire(s) for the data tool and just cutting them from the loom the sealing back up once done? Im hoping so because this would save a lot of money in the long run.

Yup, I removed the "professionally installed" Datatatool sack of shite from the TL in 15 minutes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonyg1987 wrote:
the fob is black with a red triangle and circle symbol on it.

Datool Veto Evo. Read the manual, including 'realignment.'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonyg1987
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:05 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Tonyg1987 wrote:
the fob is black with a red triangle and circle symbol on it.

Datool Veto Evo. Read the manual, including 'realignment.'

Bought the bike last year 2nd hand, Didn’t get any paperwork in regards to the datatool alarm, I’m not even sure if it’s factory fitted or not. But from the get go I had problems with it, it often takes multiple attempts before the fob will switch the alarm off. I’ve changed the battery twice and still it’s the same. Also it seems that the slightest movement will set it off, which the neighbors have complained about before

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:11 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.datatool.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Veto-Evo-User-Guide.pdf

Page seven for realignment. Wink

Tonyg1987
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:38 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a red flashing light under my pillion seat, pretty sure this has something to do with the alarm but don’t know exactly what it is. I’ve had the seat off before and don’t remember the light going crazy like this, it’s blips twice every second. Surely this isn’t helping with battery charge either. Anyone know what this light is? Is this flash rate a normal thing?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:44 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTFM?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
RTFM?

Laughing
I had to look that up.
Thumbs Up

Tonyg1987
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:08 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....good news. Thought I’d try it one last time before bed, I think I’ve figured out the problem. The fob itself must be faulty. It seems that the buttons are not making the proper contact, took the seat off and aimed the fob directly at the datatool box. For some reason, I have to push both buttons at the same time or it will not work, like wise it will also not work if I don’t press down extra hard on the buttons, I mean finger blisters hard. Once I did that got a bleep and the bike started 1st time. So now I guess the problem is getting a replacement fob, it says on the website that since my alarm system is an older model and out of date, they know longer make this receiver. I don’t really wanna be out on a ride 100 miles from home one day and have the fob fail completely

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
Congratulations, you've done it.

Transmitter Code Re-Alignment Procedure
• Check that the transmitter signal is correctly aligned with the control unit by pressing both the O and ▲ buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for at least 5 seconds, release the buttons and try again. (Note: Re-alignment will not work with low transmitter battery state).

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the alarm is a liability now? Personally I'd go along the 'smash it up' route!

My bike has a digital dash thing that's British made. They're known for failing (numbers begin breaking down until it's illegible) and although the dash is British made and the company still going, they don't/can't replace or fix it.
At least you can get a new alarm fitted - I'll need to buy a bicycle speedo to see what speed I'm doing!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:10 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonyg1987 wrote:
MCN wrote:
Contact Datatool.

Razz

If there is a way I can prove to you that the bike is mine, please let me know and I will... but please don’t presume anything. I am not a theif.
I have already contacted datatool, they will not fix it as it is out of date and referred me to a local garage but I’d prefer not to pay £200 to get it fixed if it can be done at home.

C'mon.... They all say that. Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:12 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Ste wrote:
RTFM?

Laughing
I had to look that up.
Thumbs Up

RTFB is another acronym of a quick reminder. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 77 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1