Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Package thief glitter bomb

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

duhawkz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:50 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Package thief glitter bomb Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46604625

Laughing
____________________
"The guy is a worthless cunt and I honestly believe I would be a slightly happier person if he died." - Chris-Red
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:34 - 19 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!
____________________
KC100->CB100N->CB250RS--------->DL650AL2->R1200RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mpd72
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Oct 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:21 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a tad staged as a self promotion video to me. Too much on how he built it and what he's achieved in the past. Had to skip to the only bit anyone is bothered about seeing.

Glitter or not, I'm amazed the thieves left the 4 Iphones for the guy to pick up time and time again.
____________________
TZR250 2MA road, TZR250 1KT road, TZR250 2MA race, TDR250, YZF-750R Boost colours.
Jaguar S Type 3.0 V6 Sport R, VW Transporter T5 GP LWB Shuttle 140ps DSG.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:26 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit suspicious this was staged too, it has gone very viral with even the BBC embedding it, getting on for 30 million views (? not checked) at a conservative estimate about $1 per 1000 that's good going.

Having said that it's pretty funny watching the reactions, and yeah skip to about half through for the fun.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:16 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Looks a tad staged as a self promotion video to me. Too much on how he built it and what he's achieved in the past.

Maybe. I found the design/build part really fascinating though. And I can get that someone who's interested in electronic wizardry like that and apparently has the time and money to spare could devote his energies into making something like this

mpd72 CPT wrote:
I'm amazed the thieves left the 4 Iphones for the guy to pick up time and time again.

Bear in mind that they would have no idea it was anything other than a glitter/stink bomb; they didn't know about the video/GPS capability. I thought the addition of the fart spray to make the thief dump the device was a masterful stroke, though I would have thought there would also have been a strong likelihood of the thief smashing it up in anger.
____________________
KC100->CB100N->CB250RS--------->DL650AL2->R1200RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mpd72
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Oct 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:25 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
mpd72 CPT wrote:
Looks a tad staged as a self promotion video to me. Too much on how he built it and what he's achieved in the past.

Maybe. I found the design/build part really fascinating though. And I can get that someone who's interested in electronic wizardry like that and apparently has the time and money to spare could devote his energies into making something like this

mpd72 CPT wrote:
I'm amazed the thieves left the 4 Iphones for the guy to pick up time and time again.

Bear in mind that they would have no idea it was anything other than a glitter/stink bomb; they didn't know about the video/GPS capability. I thought the addition of the fart spray to make the thief dump the device was a masterful stroke, though I would have thought there would also have been a strong likelihood of the thief smashing it up in anger.


The 3,500 worth of Iphones must have been pretty easy to see, when they filmed the thieves in such detail. I could see them quite clearly.

OK for LOL's, but definitely a self promotion video IMO. I wonder if the guy is looking for work?
____________________
TZR250 2MA road, TZR250 1KT road, TZR250 2MA race, TDR250, YZF-750R Boost colours.
Jaguar S Type 3.0 V6 Sport R, VW Transporter T5 GP LWB Shuttle 140ps DSG.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jnw010
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:05 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
The 3,500 worth of Iphones must have been pretty easy to see, when they filmed the thieves in such detail. I could see them quite clearly.

OK for LOL's, but definitely a self promotion video IMO. I wonder if the guy is looking for work?


From what I could see the phones were housed inside a solid plastic sealed casing and were not visible unless you smashed it open.
However, I do find it hard to believe that the device would last as long as the video suggested it did.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:30 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The YouTube guy has added a note to his page stating that two of the original clips (now removed) were indeed staged; apparently he'd paid volunteers to leave the package on their doorsteps who screwed him over. Seems like an open and honest 'mea culpa'.

I notice in my advert box here, at the bottom of BCF, there's an ebay glitter bomb to prank parcel thieves - I wondered if the YouTube guy had gone into mass production, but it's rather lower tech: just a box containing a potato wrapped by 6 layers of paper all interleaved with "glitters".

Yours for a mere $100 + shipping: for real?! Shocked
____________________
KC100->CB100N->CB250RS--------->DL650AL2->R1200RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:12 - 26 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:


I notice in my advert box here, at the bottom of BCF, there's an ebay glitter bomb to prank parcel thieves - I wondered if the YouTube guy had gone into mass production, but it's rather lower tech: just a box containing a potato wrapped by 6 layers of paper all interleaved with "glitters".

Yours for a mere $100 + shipping: for real?! Shocked


Me too. "Mailbox Package Thief Glitter Bomb: 99.90"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:27 - 26 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the design/build of it as much as the results

I think if I were to do something like that I'd engineer a devices that could fling sloppy dog shite everywhere rather than glitter.
____________________
"The guy is a worthless cunt and I honestly believe I would be a slightly happier person if he died." - Chris-Red
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: discovery (www) - Page Generation Time: 3.24 Sec - Server Load: 2.36 - MySQL Queries: 17 - CDN Objects: 39 - Page Size: 69.33 Kb