Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda CBR or NSR for full A1 license adventurs?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:33 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you want to do A2 rather than A?

The SR125 is slightly wider than lots of bikes with bigger engines, the narrowest bike with the most confident rider is going to win in a filtering race.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

tara1234 wrote:
So to clarify 4 stroke 125s wont really be much better than what I have so not really worth upgrading and I should just stick in the slow lane at 56 mph with the trucks, which my sr 125 can already do even up hill.

Legalities aside. Would an nsr be powerful enough to ride on the motorway without a pillion or even with one? Hold 60 with a pillion on twistys. I can see advantages for using a 125 even with a full license. Because its light you can filter scooter style and lightweight best suited to someone whos really weak like me.

Also if anyone knows of any schools that do a2 upgrade courses on lightweight A2 or A bikes.

60, twisties, pillion, on a 125? No, no matter if 2T or 4T.

You on your tod? Yeah, RS125 or other full fat 2T. I hope you like top end rebuilds, you'll be familiar in short order if you get one.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:08 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

tara1234 wrote:
Also if anyone knows of any schools that do a2 upgrade courses on lightweight A2 or A bikes.

Someone recently said they did their course on 690/790 Dukes, can't find the topic, and my past posts search results only go back a page Confused I believe some schools use MT-07's which are (relatively) lightweight.

tara1234
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:55 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to clarify 4 stroke 125s wont really be much better than what I have so not really worth upgrading and I should just stick in the slow lane at 56 mph with the trucks, which my sr 125 can already do even up hill.

Legalities aside. Would an nsr be powerful enough to ride on the motorway without a pillion or even with one? Hold 60 with a pillion on twistys. I can see advantages for using a 125 even with a full license. Because its light you can filter scooter style and lightweight best suited to someone whos really weak like me.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:05 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter how many times you ask exactly the same questions, the answers are not going to change.

Ste wrote:
Why do you want to do A2 rather than A?

The SR125 is slightly wider than lots of bikes with bigger engines, the narrowest bike with the most confident rider is going to win in a filtering race.

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
tara1234 wrote:

60, twisties, pillion, on a 125? No, no matter if 2T or 4T.

You on your tod? Yeah, RS125 or other full fat 2T. I hope you like top end rebuilds, you'll be familiar in short order if you get one.

M.C wrote:
tara1234 wrote:

Someone recently said they did their course on 690/790 Dukes, can't find the topic, and my past posts search results only go back a page Confused I believe some schools use MT-07's which are (relatively) lightweight.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If think she's pressing back on a tablet or something and re-posting, if not Evil or Very Mad

Very Happy

tara1234
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:38 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
If think she's pressing back on a tablet or something and re-posting, if not Evil or Very Mad

Very Happy

my phone keeps doible posting stuff
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shit is getting ridiculous now For fuck sake! For once Teflon Mike is really needed here and a good long rant at delusional OP is needed!

OP is no less capable than any other human being of passing an A2 or A full licence test on a 600-800cc bike. They don't think they are though and even their posting comes across as defeated, impossible and destined to stay on a 125 forever as they can't achieve a full licence and have given up and rolled over in full surrender.

Instead of passing their A2 test and buying a much more suitable for daily long motorway riding with a pillion, they are asking daft stupid questions, and desperately looking for a ridiculous third option, thinking they have a clever realistic alternative, now they've thrown their toys out the pram and said "I can't ride big bikes I'm incapable."

They mention budget and doing it on the cheap, but if frugal motoring is the number one priority above all else, they will stick with their 125 and be happy with saving money on fuel, insurance etc. Also what's all this needing to overtake 65mph trucks all day long, and expecting to carry a pillion all the time in such a risky situation battling traffic in the outside two lanes of a motorway? You've thought that one though well haven't you? Are you even capable of carrying a pillion safely and not putting them at silly risks for your own bloody minded attitude that you can safely do so, but on a small light bike that should not be battling against daily fast moving traffic.

I'd be of the thinking that if you can't pass a test and learn to ride a big bike, you can't safely carry a pillion. We don't know the circumstances, but it sounds like OP is trying to convince themselves they have a workable rule cheating transport solution for themselves and I'm guessing a dependant like a child or parent, but they don't seem to have any sense or confidence.

And every bit of truth and accurate answers to their fantasy questions has been ignored by arrogance because OP has convinced themselves they are right and can make a marginal situation work, work well and be safe. Im sure they knew a sensible and realistic approach before asking any questions, but they have even half convinced themselves they have a solution and the answers, though they can't convince one single person on an Internet bike forum, I wonder why that is?

Grow up and face up to the situation your in and the best sensible option to proceed and have a good transport plan not a head full of daft unrealistic ideas that I'm sure if they are honest they can't even convince themselves is workable and sensible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:21 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
This shit is getting ridiculous now For fuck sake! For once Teflon Mike is really needed here and a good long rant at delusional OP is needed!

OP is no less capable than any other human being of passing an A2 or A full licence test on a 600-800cc bike. They don't think they are though and even their posting comes across as defeated, impossible and destined to stay on a 125 forever as they can't achieve a full licence and have given up and rolled over in full surrender.

Instead of passing their A2 test and buying a much more suitable for daily long motorway riding with a pillion, they are asking daft stupid questions, and desperately looking for a ridiculous third option, thinking they have a clever realistic alternative, now they've thrown their toys out the pram and said "I can't ride big bikes I'm incapable."

I believe it was the training school who told the OP that they weren't able to get up to to scratch on a big bike. Wink

What's needed is to go to a training school who give them more than an hours training on a big bike before telling them that they're actually going to be doing the mod 1 test on a 125.

With a bit of luck the mod 2 on whatever day it is won't go too badly and so will be a bit of a confidence booster.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:56 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
OP is no less capable than any other human being of passing an A2 or A full licence test on a 600-800cc bike.

I believe the stats show the pass rate for women has dropped since the licence changes a few years back, however iirc the OP jumped straight on a big bike and went straight into Mod 1 practice, that's exactly what I struggled with.

You need a bit of seat time to get used to a bike before you can jump into slow speed stuff IMO. After the most autistic display of slow speed control in the history of motorcycling, I got a feel for the bike the next day on the (long) ride to the test centre, and passed.

The friend I was doing my tests with said it was the greatest sporting upset ever Very Happy

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass the popcorn Pass the popcorn

ljw
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:21 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Someone recently said they did their course on 690/790 Dukes, can't find the topic, and my past posts search results only go back a page

Don't know where tara is based, but First Class Motorcycle Training in Plymouth use the KTM Dukes. Would recommend.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:28 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not London. Apart from the map on her profile shows London. Laughing

In one of the other threads, I'm sure she said something about a training school in Bath.
tara1234 wrote:
not going through a school just turning up to the test center. The school I did mod 1 with said that swindon is very easy and id have a shot at passing without training.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:30 - 14 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

tara1234 wrote:
its a pay as you go school im bath motoxp

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:05 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ljw wrote:
M.C wrote:

Someone recently said they did their course on 690/790 Dukes, can't find the topic, and my past posts search results only go back a page

Don't know where tara is based, but First Class Motorcycle Training in Plymouth use the KTM Dukes. Would recommend.

Oh right it was you Smile I went into that topic as well Brick Wall

Travis Bickle wrote:
Don't bother with this pay as you go crap or just putting in for a test and hoping for the pest. Book a course and get some proper quality tuition.

If you don't need much training it can be cheaper, unfortunately I think the OP misjudged how much they needed Neutral

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:43 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your budget doesn't give you much option. Do test, keep sr, save for a2 and proper commuter.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 102 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4