Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:38 - 04 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

R1stu wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Get a Monzo card. It's free to use abroad, no exchange rate charges.

Never heard of them, have you got one? Not sure if I could trust an unknown with my hard cash if no one else can give feedback.

What I liked about the post office, is I can load it with the currency of the country im going too.

Wifie has been using it as a cash card for a year now. It's started off purely as a 'put cash on' card but now has all bank facilities from what I can remember.

How much to the PO charge for the different currencies? The only reason I suggested the Monzo was you can use it anywhere and they just use the exchange rate for the transaction, no commission.

However if the PO one suites you Thumbs Up

Anywhere is better than the tin on the table. Laughing

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 13:49 - 04 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PO card has no charges. You load it in the currency you want (Croatian Kuna)

Then you spend it on that currency with no charges or conversion rates.

You can use it anywhere with the currency (Euros say) but they will charge the current exchange rate at between the 2 currencies used.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:56 - 04 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

R1stu wrote:
The PO card has no charges. You load it in the currency you want (Croatian Kuna)

You can use it anywhere with the currency (Euros say) but they will charge the current exchange rate at between the 2 currencies used.

Are you going to be charged exchange rate twice then? Once when you put it on the card and when you take anything back off the card you don't use?

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 14:06 - 04 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
R1stu wrote:

Are you going to be charged exchange rate twice then? Once when you put it on the card and when you take anything back off the card you don't use?

Yea, if you don't spend it all in the country and want to draw it back out.
Looking at revolut card, they charge you £5 for the card and postage on top.

This may work out more expensive than the exchange rate. On there other hand If I plan on going abroad often might work out better, and at least can spend in uk with no conversions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

nickyboy4
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:16 - 17 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're in a typical step dad step kid relationship, he despises you, has no respect for you and like most blokes in that position you will just take it. When a man moves in with other peoples kids he has to remember to leave his testacles behind! you're being bullied do something while you still can and either get him in line or walk away.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:34 - 17 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went through the thread and although I don't want to sound like an Italian mobster, respect is everything.

Children with no respect won't be arsed to get education, to get a job, to leave the parent's house and be valuable members of the society, and so on.

Now, imagine him taking a loan, not being arsed to pay it back and then the repo man taking your stereo and VCR. Shocked

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:54 - 18 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he dead yet. He should be...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:37 - 18 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickyboy4 wrote:
You're in a typical step dad step kid relationship, he despises you, has no respect for you and like most blokes in that position you will just take it. When a man moves in with other peoples kids he has to remember to leave his testacles behind! you're being bullied do something while you still can and either get him in line or walk away.

What a load of tosh. When I met my partner, she had a son from her previous marriage. We get on well, I introduced him to motorbikes, we've travelled around the country together on said bikes. We go out with him & his partner, they have bought their own place now, quite alot, cinema etc, have the occasional break away with them.

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 18 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickyboy4 wrote:
This is not typical, I had (and still have) a good relationship with my step-son even after I'd left his mum.

This just shows that there is no respect/support from OP's other half
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 61 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5